Votes: 163 61.3%

• Total voters

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I picked up the Spoon Duracon shift knob in black. It is plastic so it perfect for winter and summer extremes. But it is lighter so I really feel the shift engagement.

https://www.icbmotorsport.com/spshknb.html

I've always been a huge fan of Spoon and Mugen from my old days in my Integra. Also always liked ICB for authentic JDM aftermarket parts.

I also love the feel of pistol grip types of shift knobs. The OEM Integra knob was perfect, wish I had one in a 6speed setup.
Sponsored

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm just curious on why people are changing their shift knob? I'm more than happy with the stock one, looks great, easy to handle and just goes with the vehicle.

If I had a Civic sport I would consider changing it but other than that I think Honda did a good job with the Si's.
Too light, too small, don't like metal shift knobs as they're too hot in the summer, and and just felt weird to handle. I've had a Mishimoto Carbon Fiber knob for over 2 years now, and honestly haven't experienced another knob that I liked better so it will indefinitely stay

Honda Civic 10th gen Why change the Si's shift knob? IMG_20190811_203014

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Too light, too small, don't like metal shift knobs as they're too hot in the summer, and and just felt weird to handle. I've had a Mishimoto Carbon Fiber knob for over 2 years now, and honestly haven't experienced another knob that I liked better so it will indefinitely stay

IMG_20190811_203014.jpg
Oh wow, I need one! How's the shift knob in terms of weight?

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
oh wow little bit pricey. I still have to figure out how to pop out the shift collar...I'm scared to rip it lol.
The OEM plastic shift retainer/collar just snaps onto a nut that's threaded into your shift lever. Just pull down on the collar until it snaps off the nut and then you'll have access to the nut.

If you're talking about removing the collar from the leather boot, then you'll have to take the whole boot assembly/garnish off. Flip the boot inside-out and you'll see that it's held on with a ziptie. I personally didn't like the stock plastic collar and put on an Acuity SS boot collar.

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
The OEM plastic shift retainer/collar just snaps onto a nut that's threaded into your shift lever. Just pull down on the collar until it snaps off the nut and then you'll have access to the nut.

If you're talking about removing the collar from the leather boot, then you'll have to take the whole boot assembly/garnish off. Flip the boot inside-out and you'll see that it's held on with a ziptie. I personally didn't like the stock plastic collar and put on an Acuity SS boot collar.
i have tried my best to pull down the collar...no luck lol. when i watched YT vids, they made it look so easy! I need see someone do it in real life lol.

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag

IMG_20190811_203014.jpg
Love that steering wheel. The only wish I would have had for it was not to have that red stripe at the top, other than that, I love the style.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
I have the acuity esco insulated knob. It’s beautiful, great shape, about the same weight as stock, and then also its insulated so It doesn’t get scolding hot in the summer nor does It get freezing cold in the winter.

Others get different knobs because they’re weighted and they help the force of the throw.

Honda Civic 10th gen Why change the Si's shift knob? BB8D62DC-1902-46E0-9570-9C46B143D31A

Honda Civic 10th gen Why change the Si's shift knob? 51CB4FDC-B515-4D5D-9880-BD4A64BF23D1

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag
Got a poco shift knob for my 2020.
I didnt like the wrap around the oem.

Honda Civic 10th gen Why change the Si's shift knob? 20200605_162430
Sponsored