taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have a B series motor producing 1000whp and the motor is capable to 1500whp which I will turn it up once I go AWD.
pics please.
Sponsored

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6 spd / 2019 Civic Coupe Sport CVT / 05 E46 M3 6MT Slicktop
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
They are heavier. You don't benefit from larger piping until you're making 600whp or more. And at that point you don't want a full exhaust you would do hood exit, bumper exit, or bottom dump/cutout. When you have full exhaust on a turbo car making big numbers you lose power in a 4 cylinder turbo.

People on these forums have a lot to learn. People need to do more research. I've been in the game a long time.

That money people are wasting on exhaust systems for no benefit could have been used for something useful like Hondata, Intercooler, Intake and ect. And besides the stock exhaust can flow good to 600whp.

The only benefit I see would be the downpipe and front pipe that's where the biggest gain is at. Even if you go 3 inch on downpipe and front pipe and connect to the 2.36inch factory piping you would still make power. It's a complete waste of money otherwise. But if people want to spend big bucks for sound sure whatever. I'm more about making real world power but that's me.

I have a B series motor producing 1000whp and the motor is capable to 1500whp which I will turn it up once I go AWD. I know what I'm talking about.

While people are wasting money on exhaust systems I will be tuned with Hondata and making 600whp whenever I install Hondatas Fuel Upgrade with Corn Fuel.
not true.
I’ve never in all my years of buying exhausts bought one heavier. That’s insane talk.
So a K20 RSX-S needs to be making 600 to benefit from larger exhaust? Cue 4piston team answering that nonsense.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
That money people are wasting on exhaust systems for no benefit could have been used for something useful like Hondata, Intercooler, Intake and ect
I thought a bigger intercooler restricted airflow to the radiator and only provided a short term fix for heat soak?

This is a genuine question, I am currently trying to figure out the best sequence/combination of mods in terms of an intercooler/bigger radiator/secondary radiator/airflow

OP
OP

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
pics please.
I have a whole build thread on www.Hondaswap.com

It's a Sleeved fully built GSR block with a Fully Built B16 head cnc race ported and all.

We will be putting it on the Dyno here in 2-3 weeks. Finishing up E85 Fuel Upgrade and have to finish cop conversion. Then build exhaust piping and intercooler piping.

It will be turned down on the street until I go AWD and then I will turn it up to 1000whp plus.

Honda Civic 10th gen Why buy aftermarket exhaust systems? received_805507103242240

Honda Civic 10th gen Why buy aftermarket exhaust systems? received_541226243328363

Honda Civic 10th gen Why buy aftermarket exhaust systems? received_1020150735000303

Honda Civic 10th gen Why buy aftermarket exhaust systems? received_423788891894365

Honda Civic 10th gen Why buy aftermarket exhaust systems? received_514152149441765

Honda Civic 10th gen Why buy aftermarket exhaust systems? received_721440848353808

Honda Civic 10th gen Why buy aftermarket exhaust systems? received_422991331976275

Honda Civic 10th gen Why buy aftermarket exhaust systems? received_773460969745409

Honda Civic 10th gen Why buy aftermarket exhaust systems? received_481723845760493

Honda Civic 10th gen Why buy aftermarket exhaust systems? received_555492688355551

Honda Civic 10th gen Why buy aftermarket exhaust systems? received_2691130937576387

Honda Civic 10th gen Why buy aftermarket exhaust systems? received_460901191214697

Honda Civic 10th gen Why buy aftermarket exhaust systems? received_423144601691465

Honda Civic 10th gen Why buy aftermarket exhaust systems? received_951790795202135

Last edited:

OP
OP

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure what the point of this post is!!!
To educate. I have nothing against people that want an aftermarket exhaust. There's just more important thing that can be done to the car that have bigger results.

You're not going to make 10 or 20 whp from an exhaust system. Not with the stock motor.

OP
OP

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought a bigger intercooler restricted airflow to the radiator and only provided a short term fix for heat soak?

This is a genuine question, I am currently trying to figure out the best sequence/combination of mods in terms of an intercooler/bigger radiator/secondary radiator/airflow
A quality intercooler prevents or minimizes pressure drops and is designed to increase or maintain flow while providing a better cooling capacity effect on the intake air.

If you mount a 2020 CTR bumper to prior years and buy a quality aftermarket intercooler you will make more power just buy bolting it on and obviously more with a tune.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I feel like it's a phase the youngins go through. Myself and many of my buddies who are auto enthusiasts had the louds exhausts and loud stereos when we were in our teens and early 20s. We all just grew out of it.
Im willing to bet that most fk8 owners are 30+. Way out of the late teens and early 20’s

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I don't understand why people spend their money buying aftermarket exhaust?

I deleted all my resonators and straight piped the exhaust and it sounds great. It's got a nice rumble and the drone isn't obnoxious.

All the exhaust is made of is pipes. You're not really going to make more power. Unless you do the downpipe and front pipe. Most of the time it's heavier too.

I'm just curious why people spend so much money on something that doesn't really give any gains?

I'm with you. Assuming everything is similar with the CTR and the Si, there's no reason to pay a ton of money for a new exhaust system if you're not starting with the DP/FP. To each their own though, I won't lose any sleep on how others spend their money.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
A quality intercooler prevents or minimizes pressure drops and is designed to increase or maintain flow while providing a better cooling capacity effect on the intake air.

If you mount a 2020 CTR bumper to prior years and buy a quality aftermarket intercooler you will make more power just buy bolting it on and obviously more with a tune.
That's funny you mention power gains from an intercooler. Most intercooler manufacturers quote smaller HP gains than you'd get from an exhaust. Granted neither really get you much power begin with.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I think the stock muffler/res delete sounds pretty terrible but that’s just my opinion.
Gotta disagree. I did this and nearly no one knows I have a delete. Everyone thinks that’s just the way my car sounds. The trick is swapping the res rather than deleting it. The tone stays low and rumbling, but not obnoxious

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Gotta disagree. I did this and nearly no one knows I have a delete. Everyone thinks that’s just the way my car sounds. The trick is swapping the res rather than deleting it. The tone stays low and rumbling, but not obnoxious
I have a muffler delete and people are always telling me they like the way it sounds. I had a guy tell me this weekend that he likes the way it sounds "because it doesn't sound like those other Hondas" lol

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why'd you buy a Black car?
Why'd you buy a CTR?
Why'd you build a 1000hp B-Series?

Because YOU wanted to!

Having "been in the game a long time", you should know that some people want it just the way it came from the factory. Other people want different wheels ... so they get them. Still other people want a better sounding stereo ... so they get it. Another group of people may want a different or additional front lip ... so they get one. Hell ... some folks want ALL of those ... AND an aftermarket exhaust system ... and they get it.

It's all about personal preference ... preference for appearance ... preference for sound ... preference to be able to say (some boast) about what they have, and what they've done.

Let's be nice ... and supportive ... of each other!

(Edit: Personally, I'd love to keep the SOUND of my stock exhaust, but I"D like to replace the HDMI tip for a pair of 3" round, flat black tips (like the Hatchback Sport gets))

Last edited:
OP
OP

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why'd you buy a Black car?
Why'd you buy a CTR?
Why'd you build a 1000hp B-Series?

Because YOU wanted to!

Having "been in the game a long time", you should know that some people want it just the way it came from the factory. Other people want different wheels ... so they get them. Still other people want a better sounding stereo ... so they get it. Another group of people may want a different or additional front lip ... so they get one. Hell ... some folks want ALL of those ... AND an aftermarket exhaust system ... and they get it.

It's all about personal preference ... preference for appearance ... preference for sound ... preference to be able to say (some boast) about what they have, and what they've done.

Let's be nice ... and supportive ... of each other!
This is the best answer I've seen so far. I agree. And we have all of our opinions. But I just want people to know if they are doing it because they think they are going to get noticeable gains they are mistaken.
Sponsored