Why aren't anyone making +60 or stock offset wheels?

TypeARR

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys, sorry for the long delay but I've been extremely busy with work and my daughter who just turned 9 months old, so haven't had much time to post or do anything else.

I received the BC forged wheels a couple of weeks ago and finally got them on, along with my new steering wheel from Jacek on here. Anyways, everything fits great and no issues so far; I have the wheels wrapped in 275/35 Hankook V12s. There is a little bit of gap which I expected so I will be lowering my car; ordered some Swift Spec R springs but they're on backorder until July. I think it'll look much better once that's done.

As for the weight, they're less than 19 lbs. I tried to measure it using a device i use for luggage but the weight kept changing, so idk what it is exactly; 18 something.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2dKrn1o5ofxQrzbBA
Hit up Saku @Kami Speed if you're interested in the wheels. He hooked me up. Thanks!

Last edited:

LansocK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ CTR, 15’ STI
Country flag
Hey guys, sorry for the long delay but I've been extremely busy with work and my daughter who just turned 9 months old, so haven't had much time to post or do anything else.

I received the BC forged wheels a couple of weeks ago and finally got them on, along with my new steering wheel from Jacek on here. Anyways, everything fits great and no issues so far; I have the wheels wrapped in 275/35 Hankook V12s. There is a little bit of gap which I expected so I will be lowering my car; ordered some Swift Spec R springs but they're on backorder until July. I think it'll look much better once that's done.

As for the weight, they're less than 19 lbs. I tried to measure it using a device i use for luggage but the weight kept changing, so idk what it is exactly; 18 something.

@spyder57
Looks great!!

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
I've seen aluminum wheel spacers on the shelf at Pep Boys. Presumably they come in various thicknesses. Would that be a solution to this problem?
No that's the opposite, a spacer lowers the effective offset of the wheel.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
See this is why I don’t post cause people get bent like children over who’s right and wrong. I’ve been a tech for 20 years. Before you start blasting me think about what your saying. There’s no reason either to start cursing online.
Florence NC you need s serious chill pill. I’m willing to bet that you have no idea what SAI stands for. You also completely assumed how APEX is thinking. I hope you take a serious look through there sight and realize they won’t even sell you the r1 tires without knowing your set up. They deal with racing teams including civic type r cars for racing. Including full custom suspension and brakes which certain classes have brake size, tire size size and wheel limitations. That being said. I think you should not assume before you trash someone.
I’ve built my fair share of cars over 20 years. One thing I have noticed is this. There’s always someone bashing someone on the import community instead of sharing info.
I CANT IMAGINE WHY PEOPLE SHUN US!!
my last car was my 2013 ZL1 600whp built by me.
I really hoped that the bashing would have stopped after all these years guess not.

Last edited:

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag

@spyder57
Damn that looks sick. Thanks for the update man!

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag

@spyder57
Very nice!! I might have went BC forge route if I hadn't gone and ordered some TE37s already.

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
See this is why I don’t post cause people get bent like children over who’s right and wrong.
There is no debate here about who is right and who is wrong on the subject. The information you relayed, stating that it came from Apex, is wrong. I have measured it myself, others have cars with wheels that Apex says (according to you) won't fit, and there are pictures of the car on this very site showing that the information you attribute to Apex is wrong. Not really open for debate.

I’ve been a tech for 20 years. Before you start blasting me think about what your saying. There’s no reason either to start cursing online.
Florence NC you need s serious chill pill. I’m willing to bet that you have no idea what SAI stands for.
Not really sure what this has to do with this subject, but either way:

SAI-Steering Axis Inclination

Now what?

It is great that you are a tech hand have some practical knowledge about cars. But before you go any further trying to discredit me, maybe you should know a few things first. I have a Bachelor's degree, a Master's degree, and have nearly completed a PhD in mechanical engineering. Almost my entire professional life has been spent in the automotive/motorsports world. I am a University professor, and one of the classes I instruct is Vehicle Dynamics, where I teach undergrads about things like SAI. I am leaving the University and going back into industry where I just took a position as the lead design engineer at a performance suspension company.

Why am I telling you all this? Because then maybe you will realize that I am not some know-nothing wannabe newbie. I actually know what I am talking about. And if I don't know something, I keep my mouth shut until I do.

You also completely assumed how APEX is thinking.
I didn't assume anything. You told us what they said. I am telling you, along with countless other reliable sources, that what you say they said is wrong. Maybe you got wrong what they were thinking.......

I hope you take a serious look through there sight and realize they won’t even sell you the r1 tires without knowing your set up. They deal with racing teams including civic type r cars for racing. Including full custom suspension and brakes which certain classes have brake size, tire size size and wheel limitations.
None of that means anything. Having a big website, selling a bunch of parts, etc. None of that automatically makes the person you are talking to knowledgeable or correct. As proven here.

That being said. I think you should not assume before you trash someone.
I don't assume. I went out and physically looked at a CTR to see how much room there is between the struts and the tire. If the person you dealt with at Apex would have done the same, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I’ve built my fair share of cars over 20 years. One thing I have noticed is this. There’s always someone bashing someone on the import community instead of sharing info.
Call it what you want. Being in the industry, I get tired of people at various companies sharing incorrect and/or misleading information with potential customers. I see it every, single, day. So if you want to attach the label of "bashing" to my holding aftermarket retail companies to a higher standard than this, then I guess I am a basher.

I don't plan to change.

I CANT IMAGINE WHY PEOPLE SHUN US!!
my last car was my 2013 ZL1 600whp built by me.
I really hoped that the bashing would have stopped after all these years guess not.
I really hoped companies passing bad information to customers would have stopped after all these years. Clearly it hasn't.

s2ktaxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '19 Civic Si, '17 Civic EX HB, '09 Civic Si, '01 S2000
Country flag

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Thanks - they actually made 2 of each direction! nice! Too bad they can't do custom colors (CW)... maybe I'll just go with black or gunmetal.
Eh? I'm pretty sure they do custom colors
Sponsored