Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 V6 6 SPEED COUPE ACCORD
Yep this guy needs a good attorney. And all owners of the CTR should be pissed about this. Because this jackass wasn't paying attention the owner now gets to fight it out with both insurance companies just To get his wrecked car back. Even if it's totaled, which I doubt they guy then get the pleasure of trying to hunt down another car. Moral of the story? Tell the bastard your neck hurts and you'll see him in court..... that will get his nose off the phone while he's driving.
should have taken the ambulance
Sponsored

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Sucks but he can file a diminished value claim and get his ADM and then some back and a fixed car.

A car like this to most buyers in the used car market would be worth 2-3k less than one with clean history. and to dealers it also matters.

But given it's such a new car a diminished value claim would have to go off the sale price and used prices so the diminished value could be much higher in this case.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Sucks but he can file a diminished value claim and get his ADM and then some back and a fixed car.

A car like this to most buyers in the used car market would be worth 2-3k less than one with clean history. and to dealers it also matters.

But given it's such a new car a diminished value claim would have to go off the sale price and used prices so the diminished value could be much higher in this case.
\

How can he get his ADM back when the value of the car wont justify whatever extra he paid? It's a question that I don't know the answer to.

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
\

How can he get his ADM back when the value of the car wont justify whatever extra he paid? It's a question that I don't know the answer to.
That's a good point. The insurance company will only pay what they think the car is worth. Most cars lose as much as 5k in value just driving off the lot. The CTR is still a bit rare but that won't stop the insurance from trying to screw you out of as much as they can. Unfortunately the only option this guy and any CTR owner right now is to sue the piss out of anyone who makes this big of mistake. It would be even worse if it was the R owners fault.

uokrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic WOP Ex-T, 2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
Country flag
Buying it back from the insurance is not a hassle at all. I bought back my totaled RSX type S from my insurance company without any hassle at all.
When my 9th gen got totaled I was going to buy it back from insurance. I got 7k for it and they told me to buy it back would be 6k. Told them they can keep it. What a bunch of ripoffs.

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
$39,000
-$2,208 6% PA sales tax
=$36,792 selling price

That's about $2,000 over MSRP - perhaps he purchased some accessories or a warranty, but that would seem strange for a salesman to do.
cheap ass tax... lucky ducks

Texting&Driving

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 6 GT
Saying right off bat, "I'm not injured" too all social media is horrible idea. That accident looked bad and soft tissue injuries can take a few days or a week or two to really show.

Then insurance will tell him, yeah but u said u were perfect.

Dude shoulda taken an ambulance ride, I sure would have even if I wasn't injured. I would have taken the ride to the hospital due to being in shock that, that dummy ruined my brand new car.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Damn. I feel for that guy. I can't imagine...

That Santa Fe that looks like they caused the accident would get the creative side of my angry cursing. :mad:
dwhat kind of tail lights is that in your avatar. they look even longer than the usual stockers.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Saying right off bat, "I'm not injured" too all social media is horrible idea. That accident looked bad and soft tissue injuries can take a few days or a week or two to really show.

Then insurance will tell him, yeah but u said u were perfect.

Dude shoulda taken an ambulance ride, I sure would have even if I wasn't injured. I would have taken the ride to the hospital due to being in shock that, that dummy ruined my brand new car.
Better call Saul.

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
had an accident last year i agree it is stupid saying am not injured . i had motorcycle accident back in October i remember first day after going back from ambulance and er i thought am fine and went to work 2 days after hell broke loose and i ended with 1 years rehab discovering all kinda issues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic rs
Doubt that is totaled. Cosmetic damage so looks like the guy is screwed again. :mad:Hopefully he does not loose out.

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
If the buyer paid $39K cash, they just lost $9K if the car is totaled. Again, GAP insurance won't apply because there is no loan and they'll need a good attorney.
Interesting, that's yet another difference from how car buying works in the UK. Here my GAP insurance covers the difference between the insurance payout and the purchase price of the car, including any factory or dealer-fitted accessories, and delivery charges. It makes no difference whether or not the car is on finance, it specifically says in the policy that the GAP cover still applies even if you bought the car with your own money, so I would get the same payout if I bought the car for cash rather than financing it in full or in part.

Also, since it covers the purchase price I actually paid (not the MSRP), if there was any ADM included in the price it would cover that too, which makes sense as the idea is that it gets you to the point where you have enough money to be able to buy a similar car to the one you had, which presumably might well involve having to pay ADM again. They do charge for the GAP insurance according to what you paid for the car, so if you paid 200% of the MSRP you'd be charged a chunk more for the GAP insurance to cover that extra risk - they're not giving you anything for free (well it is an insurance company, so...). We don't really have ADM here though thank goodness, and I'll be paying MSRP when the car finally turns up so that's not a problem.
Sponsored