Who's waiting for 2018?

ccswift

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan Rallye Red
I bought a 17 Si Sedan, in full thoughts that I will buy a 2018 when they have AWD / non GT model. Why pay the ADM?

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
I'm in no rush to replace my TSX, but even if I were, I'd wait until at least the second model year. (This goes for the Si as well.) I didn't think I'd be interested in a Type-R, but the reviews (and my Si test drive) lead me to believe it just might work for me, which would be awesome. Yeah, the styling is nutty, but I think it looks good in Polished Metal Metallic, which I have and like on my TSX.

I'm also very intrigued by the possibility of other "R" or closely related variants, possibly with AWD. That could push me over the edge. The next ILX might have an AWD model with a 2.0T, but it probably won't have MT.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
If I get one it'll be a base model and probably a 3rd car, keeping the Sport hatch. Unless Subaru makes a hatch STI with new engine, but they like to milk things to death over there.

CTR_Freak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lexus GS350 F Sport, 1997 Toyota Supra Original 6spd TT, 201 Acura MDX
I refuse to pay ADM. Quite frankly even MSRP is a bit hard to swallow. I got 3 cars already. My interest in a CTR is for pure fun and messing around. If dealers continue to be unreasonable I'll just move on to something better in a different segment.

SujetoTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit Sport
I was never planning on buying the 2017 model due to the ridiculous ADM and 1st year new generation issues such as the rev match problem previously discussed. I'll wait until Spring/Summer 2018 and see how things pan out.
The Type R is going to be a second/fair weather car and I'll be keeping my 2010 Fit Sport as my daily driver until the wheels fall off. If the Type R doesn't happen then I'll get a Tesla Model 3 once the Fit dies.

axios77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I plan on keeping my touring as dd and will wait to get one at msrp. If I don't get the type R, I'll probably save some more and be one of the first to get a Toyota Supra MKV.

CTR_Freak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lexus GS350 F Sport, 1997 Toyota Supra Original 6spd TT, 201 Acura MDX
I plan on keeping my touring as dd and will wait to get one at msrp. If I don't get the type R, I'll probably save some more and be one of the first to get a Toyota Supra MKV.

I have a feeling if the MKV is worth a damn and can fill in the shoes left by the MKIV we'll find ourselves in a similar situation

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So thrilled after watching the live debut. Sport SEDAN with a Short throw 6 mt available with the 2.0 turbo 255hp / 275 torque, full Honda sensing standard, leds, and great new feature content. Would not be surprised if this wins car of the year.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
I can't believe people are saying they are waiting for a volume knob. Seriously? That's what has you waiting?
As far as bugs, I have not seen any issues other than production issues with the paint and the front grill's inability to take a Styrofoam impact at 70 mph. ;)

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I can't believe people are saying they are waiting for a volume knob. Seriously? That's what has you waiting?
As far as bugs, I have not seen any issues other than production issues with the paint and the front grill's inability to take a Styrofoam impact at 70 mph. ;)
Well new accord comes with both tuning and volume knobs.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
volume knob is kinda important imo. that touch crap is rubbish. I hate having tech for the sake of having tech, same with electronic ebrakes over pull brake. Also keyless start is another thing I don't care for. There are certain things that has been reliable and works that doesn't need a change.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
I'm in for 2018 hopefully. I have my deposit in and they seem pretty confident they'll get more cars.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
I was waiting to see the reviews, and as they have been great the next step is to test drive an Si to see if I can live with the ginormous size of this thing - its only a few inches shorter than the WRX which was too big for me. I could live with the size of the Focus ST I tested but this is half a foot or so longer.

Also interested in how the new Supra turns out if it's not too expensive.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Push button start has been around for over 100 years. It was first seen on a 1912 Cadillac. I personally love the idea that I don't have to get a key out of my pocket to do anything. Really like that I can just walk up to the car and open the door handle.
Sponsored