Who's running 19's? Post them up.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking at wheels down the road, 19s seem to be the perfect size to me.

I'd like to see some setups with details.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Doublestack00

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That doesn't provide wheel/tire specs.

NX211

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag

OP
OP
Doublestack00

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

NX211

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
What is your offset?
+45... The exact wheel is in the hyperlink. Supposed to fit flush, no rub, and no or unnoticeable torque steer. Only problem is the 19s are $700 more than the 18s... And tires for the 19s can be $50-100 more; so over the life of the car that can add up... If you are counting$$$

I was like: why aren't more people running 19s? Then i figured out the above in what i would call a "happy accident"... Personally i think the 19s look slightly better; but if you lower it your not going to be able to run as big of a sidewall as the guys in 18s. However (in my very limited opinion) with the 2020 improved suspension it seems to make the OEM 20 rubber band tires run comfortable. Made me think "why am I getting different wheels again? The ride isn't that bad. But i don't really like the OEM inset look.

Side note. I remember reading if you race the Type R and stay within 1" of OEM wheels you can race in the factory class vs upgraded class... Something like that.

NX211

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
You're thinking of autocross and the Street rules. You're allowed to go up or down 1" in diameter, but the width must be exactly the same and you must be within 7mm of offset. 45 is 15 mm off the stock offset of 60, so you'd be in Street Touring.

NSX fronts are the rich guy autocross wheels, Motegi MR924s are the poor guy autocross wheels. Both are DS legal.
Ok nice, good info. I like the NSX wheels but i think they look too wiry/thin spoked.

catspaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '04 RX8
Country flag
Another option in between NSX and Motegis are the FK2 19x8.5+60. Exact offset and perfect fitment on FK8. If I remember correctly, they're about a 3 lb reduction per corner. I guess if you're not a fan of the stock look they might not be super attractive, but I like the look tbh.
Honda Civic 10th gen Who's running 19's?  Post them up. img_9899

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
+45... The exact wheel is in the hyperlink. Supposed to fit flush, no rub, and no or unnoticeable torque steer. Only problem is the 19s are $700 more than the 18s... And tires for the 19s can be $50-100 more; so over the life of the car that can add up... If you are counting$$$

I was like: why aren't more people running 19s? Then i figured out the above in what i would call a "happy accident"... Personally i think the 19s look slightly better; but if you lower it your not going to be able to run as big of a sidewall as the guys in 18s. However (in my very limited opinion) with the 2020 improved suspension it seems to make the OEM 20 rubber band tires run comfortable. Made me think "why am I getting different wheels again? The ride isn't that bad. But i don't really like the OEM inset look.

Side note. I remember reading if you race the Type R and stay within 1" of OEM wheels you can race in the factory class vs upgraded class... Something like that.
Thanks for the reply Bro. I've been thinking 19's myself with +45 offset with 35s. I just wanted to double check with you since looking at your side angle view, I like how they sit. Regarding the OEM rubber bands, I've heard of people bending their wheels due to potholes. I'm thinking to switch them out to 35s then get the 19's later this year. I plan to keep my suspension stock. Had full Eibach setup on my last ride and though it was fun, got tired of always having to angle up on the driveway or be extra careful pulling up to a parking spot with those cement stoppers. The Type R suspension is good enough for me. I don't plan to track or race it either, just wanted a stick shift with decent HP. Thanks again for the reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me an insight on your setup.

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
They're super expensive though. The only real way to get them in America is Tegwai, and they're what, $600/wheel?
469 USD for black and 560 USD for white + shipping from the UK; can't imagine it being cheap to ship 100 lbs worth of wheels across the pond.
Sponsored