MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
Anyone trying to justify the "if i die speeding, i die smiling" mantra is glorifying it, like it's something to strive for.
So I’m pretty sure Unless you die on impact you won’t be smiling. I’m all for playing around on roads but when no one else is around to suffer though.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a 2.0 but my 1.5 6speed has been up to 145mph before slowing down the rear of the car get way to light and have yet to hit those speeds again
Feel free to post a video of that. :)

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
I focus on Econ Mode to get the best gas mileage. Besides, I love the car so much I enjoy the ride and don't want to get there too fast. There ride is so much fun. Forget the speed. Enjoy!

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I've gone 131 in my Si and I was surprised how stable it felt. The Mexican roads were of decent quality and there were no burros on the road at the time so it was safe.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for being a valued member of humanity! I'm sure your parents are proud.
I'm sure they are.....Spotted this in another thread.
Honda Civic 10th gen who's gone fastest? Screenshot_2018-12-16-20-02-24

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
If its 3 am, you're on an empty highway and you decide you want to risk being pulled over by going for it, I think thats fine as long as there is nobody else on the road. However, you're an idiot if you are one of those guys who like to speed and drive aggressively while there are other drivers around you to the point where you are a danger to yourself and others. I myself generally am on the faster side of around 5-10 mph over the posted limit, but only when I am free to do so without tailgating or annoying other people. Its all fun and games until you hit someone or someone in their car who has a family and kids and kill them right then and there because you're a dumbass and like to drive as such on public roads.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've done 143mph in my Si on a closed airstrip.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
:topic: "
who's gone fastest?

I think this award currently goes to the member who "GOT" a new 2019 Honda Si, went 93 in a 55 speed limit and got pulled over and ticketed (No sympathy)

His License probably "went the fastest" !!! but at least he is still alive and around to pay the fines. Luckily nobody was hurt, (except most likely his ability to drive for some time).

Last edited:

minitech

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI 4 door
Country flag
I got my car up to low 120s but that was on the back straight up at VIR racetrack in VA, i was on 6psi Hondata car felt very stable dry pavement but getting much faster would have taken a lot more time or more psi. i plan to bump to 9psi but only once i switch out the clutch in February. I will say this coming from a MK7 GTI the Civic feel waaaay more stable at 120 then the Golf did up there, the Mk7 would get unstable at the rear big time. Hopefully i once i get the clutch in and 9psi tune set, i will have another go up there at the track and report back what my top speed is.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
who's gone fastest?

I'd say this guy:

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i got mine up to 135mph once. very stable. it had a lot more but i didn't have any straight left to go faster.
All the audi saw was tailights.
closed course.

Scathe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Friend of the family while I was growing up got pulled over for doing 167 in a 55 mph zone. Got a lifetime license suspension for gross reckless endangerment. Just as it sounds, he can never drive a car again. Happened in the 1980s when he was 19 years old. He's in his fifties now and has tried multiple times to appeal and still can't get his license back.

I believe anything 25 mph or more over the speed limit in the US is automatically a reckless operation charge and minimum 3-6 month license suspension, but don't quote me on that as I'm not a lawyer, judge, or cop, it's just something I remember hearing. I'm not sure at what point you get a lifetime suspension, but I personally don't push my luck in that respect anyway.

To add to OP's discussion, I heard the Civic has a governor that limits it to 130 mph maximum, although I doubt even the EX-T has the ability to get to 130 mph anyway (the Si or Type R may be able to hit the governor, though).

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Friend of the family while I was growing up got pulled over for doing 167 in a 55 mph zone. Got a lifetime license suspension for gross reckless endangerment. Just as it sounds, he can never drive a car again. Happened in the 1980s when he was 19 years old. He's in his fifties now and has tried multiple times to appeal and still can't get his license back.
Must of had a crappy lawyer.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.