Status
Not open for further replies.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Has anyone here who has the 6mt N.A. 2.0 gone over 100mph? And how fast have they gone? I'm interested in how the car drives and feels at very high speeds. And just how fast it can go. The fastest I've gone so far was about 75. Where I live it's a risk to do this because of the police. There's one highway I know of where it might work but I haven't had a chance to do it yet. This summer I'm going to drive out there and try it, I think. And where are the rpm's at 100? I'm guessing, maybe, 4000?
Sponsored

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
If there is no one else around it doesnt matter.

Like Paul Walker said.... "If I die of speed, I died smiling."
That's a very disingenuous point of view.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Has anyone here who has the 6mt N.A. 2.0 gone over 100mph? And how fast have they gone? I'm interested in how the car drives and feels at very high speeds. And just how fast it can go. The fastest I've gone so far was about 75. Where I live it's a risk to do this because of the police. There's one highway I know of where it might work but I haven't had a chance to do it yet. This summer I'm going to drive out there and try it, I think. And where are the rpm's at 100? I'm guessing, maybe, 4000?
I do a lot of driving early in the morning or late at night and I'm usually cruising along at 90-100mph. It'll go up to 120mph when I'm leap frogging from group to group. But keep in mind, I take meticulous care of my equipment, drive conscientiously around people and I have a very good lawyer.

I would not recommend going above 120 for extended periods of time. The car gets very light.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
The fastest I’ve been in mine was 136 at an airstrip. I’ve got quite a few supporting mods though.

Why dont you go to a drag strip and test it out instead of endangering lives? Especially yours
This is a disingenuous argument. I did this as a teenager, and it just made me want to push my car on the street even more. Waiting in the staging area for 2+ hours just to get one pass at the strip, or paying $120+ just get 1-2 laps at a track after driving 200+ miles to get there, isn’t feasible.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
If there is no one else around it doesnt matter.

Like Paul Walker said.... "If I die of speed, I died smiling."
He died because the tires were ancient on that car he was in. It sat in garage for years as a collector car with few miles.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
How so? Anyone who knows me IRL knows this statement fits me perfectly. I dont care about anyone except myself. And I love to speed in Mexico. If I get hurt. Too bad.
Anyone trying to justify the "if i die speeding, i die smiling" mantra is glorifying it, like it's something to strive for.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
So many people preaching from their soap box...

Yet i bet most of you, have text and drived, drive without a seatbelt, havent used blinkers before, list goes on.... yall need to look in the mirror before preaching and virtue signaling.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have a 2.0 but my 1.5 6speed has been up to 145mph before slowing down the rear of the car get way to light and have yet to hit those speeds again
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.