Who's buying an Si?

Buying an Si?

• Total voters

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
I know the power is the same across the board; but I thought in order to get the LSD you had to step up to the SE. Don't want a sunroof...another problem point on the Si for me.
I was under the impression the LSD was coming over also, I may be wrong.
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I see that Energy Green is an option so that raises my interest quite a bit.
Energy Green is the color I'm drawn to at the moment, but it's a very "look at me!" color and I'm not much of a "look at me!" type of person. I'm older than the typical Si crowd and while I don't intentionally exceed the legal speed limit, I'd rather not draw any more attention to myself than necessary. I have a clean driving record and prefer to keep it that way. :) Being such a "bold" color (that someone here mentioned hasn't been very popular for Honda), it's possible it might reduce the marketability when it comes time to sell it if that color is in low demand or falls out of popularity. Though I like the green, I'll probably choose red as a slightly more traditional color for sporty cars, but not plain like most of the other choices.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
So let's see:

_________2004 TSX MT/navi___2017 Civic Si sedan
MSRP________ ~28,000_____________ ~24,000
Power__________200__________________205
Torque_________166__________________192
Weight_________3230_________________2906
MPG (comb.)___26___________________32
Passenger vol.__91 cu.ft._____________95.0 cu.ft. (EX-T)
Cargo vol.______ 13.0 cu.ft.___________15.1 cu.ft. (EX-T)

Plus the Si is shorter, wider, lower and has a smaller turning radius.
Plus, the obvious advantages like the LSD, dampers, Android Auto, likely better audio (10 speakers vs 8), all sorts of tech (mine doesn't even have Bluetooth or MP3 capability), etc., etc.

I think the only things my TSX has over the Si (at least on paper) are leather seats and a larger fuel tank. (And 180,000+ miles on the odometer. :)) Hoping the test drive will prove that it's not only on paper...

So it's really a no-brainer -- unless it somehow doesn't drive/feel as well in comparison, which I'm having serious trouble even imagining...

Can't wait. :cool:

Last edited:

joe007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Country flag
- TSX interior quality / finish is better, remember we're talking about a Civic here.
- TSX has a real handbrake!

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
- TSX interior quality / finish is better, remember we're talking about a Civic here.
- TSX has a real handbrake!
Both good points. Although at this point, the interior quality of a brand new Civic is probably at least on par with that of a 13-year-old TSX... :)
Handbrake -- yeah I think I'll miss it, but probably only for a couple months at the most.
Sponsored