Who's been on long road trips?

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
I highly disagree with the twitchy steering comments. Responsive yes, but twitchy implies that it is loose and hard to control at speed. Mine is rock solid stable holding straight or making a lane change.
I agree my ex-t is solid to me.. Just wondering if the sport is different shes good to go to buy it if its the same..without test driving it.. If its diff id want her to drive it first
Sponsored

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I agree my ex-t is solid to me.. Just wondering if the sport is different shes good to go to buy it if its the same..without test driving it.. If its diff id want her to drive it first
My Sport is not twitchy but it's certainly quick steering. I don't remember the non sports I drove feeling any different in that respect. The wide sporty tires make it feel solid with less body roll (compared to the snow tires I have on now).

To the OP, I find the seat bottom hard on long drives, though the shape of the seat is fine. Some cars hurt my lower back but not this one, just my ass gets sore from the hard seat bottom. I might have a shop put more padding in it. I wonder if leather seats would be softer?

MikeNSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Hatchback, '13 BMW 328i, '04 Corvette Z06, '02 Corvette Z06, '02 Corvette Convertible
My wife and I drove my new '17 Sport Hatchback from Nashville to Charlotte (about 430 miles each way) for Christmas, and the car did great.

Was going about 75 to 80 the whole way and still averaged about 38 mpg.

I bought a pair of small black seat cushions from Bed Bath & Beyond for each seat, and that really seemed to help with the firmness of the seats.

mykcivicx016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2002, Toyota Corolla S 2014, Honda Civic EX-T 2016
I only have a car for 1 day and need to drop off my GF to Las Vegas from Los Angeles... bec. the flight she supposed to be in, was delayed and she need to go to work. And as for me I can't stay at Las Vegas for I also have work the next day... So that is worth 600 miles back and forth! I only have the car for 2 weeks and I already put in like 2000 miles on it! Bec. I also work as an UBER/LYFT driver if that is considered as a long driving!

mrobison12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic WOP Hatch 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm planning a ~1700 mile round trip road trip to Virginia Beach, then to Raleigh and back up to Michigan in a couple weeks, I'm looking forward to spending some quality alone time with the car. It'll certainly be more pleasant to drive that far than my last car, given the stiff coilovers, low ride height, and droning exhaust. Two hours could be a pain in that car, I wouldn't even want to try ten plus.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'm planning a road trip from Atlanta to Miami (which is around 660 miles = 1300 miles round trip) on July. So excited but I imagine my lower back will be in a lot of pain considering the seats aren't that comfortable. And I'm on a Touring.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm planning a road trip from Atlanta to Miami (which is around 660 miles = 1300 miles round trip) on July. So excited but I imagine my lower back will be in a lot of pain considering the seats aren't that comfortable. And I'm on a Touring.
You won't be focused on your back in Miami, you'll be focused on staying alive while driving there. :thumbsup:

All joking (well, not really joking) aside - have you tried one of those cushions for extra lumbar support?

EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Went round trip from Bay area to Vegas.. Roughly 550-600 miles each way, pretty comfortable, the trip down wasn't bad put it on cruise control and had music cranked up. However for the ride back, it took me 12 hours instead of 7-8 because of a crap ton of traffic, I was tired but if I had to I could still drive more. It's a lot more comfortable than my old Explorer.

Tuishimi

Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, Rally Red, 6 spd manual
Vehicle Showcase
Phoenix to Santa Barbara... averaged 39.x MPG... and that with heavy traffic approaching, going through and beyond LA. :p

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
You won't be focused on your back in Miami, you'll be focused on staying alive while driving there. :thumbsup:

All joking (well, not really joking) aside - have you tried one of those cushions for extra lumbar support?
Those cushions won't work because they end up making another part of my body sore while trying to protect my lower back, lol. Actually looking forward to the chaotic streets of Miami. Can't be that much worse than Atlanta LOL

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Longest drive yet was about 2 or 3 hours each way. Took my EP up to Pennsylvania to its new home. My wife got to drive the FK7 up there, and she really enjoyed it (the EP's mods had made it loud and uncomfortable for her).

mkesport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic hatchback sport polished metal metallic mt
drove from Milwaukee to San Antonio last month-loved every mile with 6MT sport-handled great- great quickness in any situation-no prob driving in heavy rain-very satisfied
Sponsored