Whole slew of errors after re connecting my battery in my 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
I tried that. I’ve been driving the car now for two days the errors still persist. Still no power steering and AC as well.
The no a/c and no power steering is not normal, I’ve had one where the battery was bad and caused no power steering as that uses a lot of amperage but that doesn’t sound like your issue either. I’d start with checking the fuses for it along with the main fuse, you can unbolt it and remove it to visually check it out to see if it blew! From there though I would go through a more in depth diag to see what’s wrong. I’m sorry to hear the no a/c though at least where I am it’s been pretty hot recently! Good luck though and hopefully it’s something small!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tomgil123

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
It’s cause you did not push the brake pedal hard enough, Honda has told the technicians at least when you disconnect the battery that you have to mash the brake pedal before starting to allow communication between the VSA control unit and the BCM. If you don’t all those codes will show up. No worries though you can clear them all and then drive in a straight line under 30mph to allow the eps to register the centre position for steering and the rest of the lights will turn off! Definitely happened to me the first few battery’s I have changed on the new Honda’s haha
So mash the break pedal and start the car then drive in a straight line under 30mph?
It’s cause you did not push the brake pedal hard enough, Honda has told the technicians at least when you disconnect the battery that you have to mash the brake pedal before starting to allow communication between the VSA control unit and the BCM. If you don’t all those codes will show up. No worries though you can clear them all and then drive in a straight line under 30mph to allow the eps to register the centre position for steering and the rest of the lights will turn off! Definitely happened to me the first few battery’s I have changed on the new Honda’s haha
that did not work.

Honda Civic 10th gen Whole slew of errors after re connecting my battery in my 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 05AEEFA2-0B54-4A01-87C3-910139D904B7

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
So mash the break pedal and start the car then drive in a straight line under 30mph?

that did not work.

05AEEFA2-0B54-4A01-87C3-910139D904B7.jpeg
Have you checked the battery sensor? The charge system on the dash will not show up for the vsa communication I was talking about. I would look to see if the battery sensor on the negative is unplugged or if the wires are damaged cause I haven’t seen that ever changing a battery even with lights coming on and such