Whole slew of errors after re connecting my battery in my 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport

Tomgil123

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I unplugged the negative side of the battery in my 2018 honda civic hatchback sport to install a new subwoofer. After re connecting the car battery, I now have every warning light on my dashboard lit up and have no power steering and no air conditioning. How do I remedy this? I have tried drivingthe car, taking out the ECU fuse for 15 mins, replacing it and restarting the car to let it idle for 10 mins and then turning it off an on. Non of these helped. Please help! And thank you very much!
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Did you remove the positive terminal as well or just the negative?

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Check your main fuse panel in the engine and see if anything is blown. Is the new Subwoofer working ok? Can you disconnect that and try again? Might the battery be drained after your install? Aftermarket or OEM replacement sub?

OP
OP

Tomgil123

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Check your main fuse panel in the engine and see if anything is blown. Is the new Subwoofer working ok? Can you disconnect that and try again? Might the battery be drained after your install? Aftermarket or OEM replacement sub?
A new sub woofer. I attached it directly to the positive side of the car battery. It works great! But now have all these errors and no power steering and no ac.

OP
OP

Tomgil123

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you put a fuse on it?
Yes there is a fuse on the power wire going to the subwoofer about 12 inches from the battery under the hood.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
When this happened to me for no apparent reason at all, I kept driving the car for the day and it didn't go away. So this last time I started up the car, before the errors had time to flash I kept rapidly pressing the "i" button on the steering wheel and it stopped doing it. No idea why that worked, but worth a try.

OP
OP

Tomgil123

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When this happened to me for no apparent reason at all, I kept driving the car for the day and it didn't go away. So this last time I started up the car, before the errors had time to flash I kept rapidly pressing the "i" button on the steering wheel and it stopped doing it. No idea why that worked, but worth a try.
Worth a try! I’ll give it a shot.

OP
OP

Tomgil123

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just the negative side
I take that back. I actually took the whole battery out so I could run the speaker power wire through the firewall behind the battery.

OP
OP

Tomgil123

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

L-Dragon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R #32686
Country flag
If the car is without power for awhile and then you reconnect it, you'll get those errors.
If you drive the car at 20-30mph for about a minute, the errors should disappear.

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
It’s cause you did not push the brake pedal hard enough, Honda has told the technicians at least when you disconnect the battery that you have to mash the brake pedal before starting to allow communication between the VSA control unit and the BCM. If you don’t all those codes will show up. No worries though you can clear them all and then drive in a straight line under 30mph to allow the eps to register the centre position for steering and the rest of the lights will turn off! Definitely happened to me the first few battery’s I have changed on the new Honda’s haha

OP
OP

Tomgil123

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If the car is without power for awhile and then you reconnect it, you'll get those errors.
If you drive the car at 20-30mph for about a minute, the errors should disappear.
I tried that. I’ve been driving the car now for two days the errors still persist. Still no power steering and AC as well.
Sponsored