Who will be disabling the Active Sound Control on the 2020 CTR?

Who will be disabling the Active Sound Control on the 2020 CTR?

• Total voters

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
  • Banned
In comfort it sounds good IMO and Sport but Type-R seems to be very loud. Would you rather it be disabled?

What do you think?
Sponsored

LaGrrrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I would disable it if you could do so through software to get rid of the fake engine sound and still keep the Active Noise Cancellation on.

OP
OP

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
  • Banned
I would disable it if you could do so through software to get rid of the fake engine sound and still keep the Active Noise Cancellation on.
yeah it is a shame it is not on the radio to disable. Although it can be disabled behind the glove box by unplugging the cable from the asc unit

V-Angelus01

First Name
Vangelo Bitoy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
i disabled it already. its pretty easy to do so. a quick youtube search will pop a video how to do it.

What made me do it is when i was driving through some bumpy roads and i had to switch to comfort mode(where ASC is most quiet) and noticed that i like the sound better with comfort mode cuz it actually sounds like a 2L 4banger, compared to the +R mode sounds with ASC on, its loud and very synthetic sounding in the cabin.

After i disable the ASC fully, it sounded so much better, you can hear the real engine purr. you can hear your turbo whistle better, The "psh" sounds it makes when you shift on high revs, ugh its so good without the ASC lol. And its alot quieter inside the car when ur just cruising on +R mode.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I didn’t know this car had active noise cancellation.

OP
OP

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
  • Banned
I didn’t know this car had active noise cancellation.
Some people dont even realize the 2020 has auto high beams either . One of the best upgrades since the volume knob.. My 600 mile road trip also on the highway enabled my CTR to drive with basically no hands on the steering wheel with Lane Keep Assist and land departure turned on as well as adaptive cruise control . Surprising took slight curves on the highway with ease with no movement of me moving the steering wheel

Almost felt like driving a tesla in auto pilot..

I will most likely trade my car in though in 24 months to buy a tesla if they upgrade the battery pack to 400-500+ miles.

I think active sound control is too loud though on R mode

RedBullHondaF1

Banned
Banned
First Name
Speed Maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Active sound is way too artificial. The car itself is actually quieter than my 19 Si coupe was. I'll be disabling the AS as soon as possible now that there is a way.

Also, for anyone that is wanting a Type-R, I would run to your nearest store, because even at full sticker, a couple of the credit unions have the most ridiculous residuals I've ever seen this month, and you can get in a Type-R with 1st and taxes up front for around 360s-390s now (credit tiers depending), at least in the tri-state area.

OP
OP

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
  • Banned
Active sound is way too artificial. The car itself is actually quieter than my 19 Si coupe was. I'll be disabling the AS as soon as possible now that there is a way.

Also, for anyone that is wanting a Type-R, I would run to your nearest store, because even at full sticker, a couple of the credit unions have the most ridiculous residuals I've ever seen this month, and you can get in a Type-R with 1st and taxes up front for around 360s-390s now (credit tiers depending), at least in the tri-state area.
I went to navy federal this morning to refi my 2020 CTR i bought last week at MSRP . They are offering 200.00 towards the refiniance . Honda financial has me at 2.89% 72 months. Since I have like 8500 in equity should not be an issue to get 72months at 2.29% with navy federal..

I did not have to pay sales tax for the car or will have to pay for title tax. This was a no brainer for me to upgrade from my 2020 , i did not do any maintenance on the car. It needed new tires, windshield , car was sand blasted , had a very minor damage to the front lip basically a scrape.. Dealer took it for 29500.00 with 9k miles on it.. I do plan on trading up again in 2 years if Tesla can come through with 400-500 mile range in the model y.

I did notice my 2018 CTR had some kind o f issue with the microphone when talking on my cell in the car. The 2020 is much improved but not sure either if the active sound control has something to do with it.

LaGrrrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Alright, I just performed the operation, and I can confirm that it sounds ten times better. Genuine engine sound, the hiss of the turbo spooling up, the pssssh when you change gears at a high RPM are so much clearer and more satisfying.

OP
OP

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
Alright, I just performed the operation, and I can confirm that it sounds ten times better. Genuine engine sound, the hiss of the turbo spooling up, the pssssh when you change gears at a high RPM are so much clearer and more satisfying.
call someone on your cell and let us know if the person on the other end can hear you talking. some reason my 2018 had an issue where I sounded underwater. i an wondering if the active sound control makes a difference. it should

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
call someone on your cell and let us know if the person on the other end can hear you talking. some reason my 2018 had an issue where I sounded underwater. i an wondering if the active sound control makes a difference. it should
No issues with my 19. Think this is all based on signal and phone, etc.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Wait, you got rid of a speaker (sound over one), and can hear your car?!?!?!

If someone can't like the car's sound, and/or want to hear it ...they shouldn't be buying one. It's like "we'll tell you when you want to hear your car". I wouldn't drive one of these with anything not sounding as it does.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Wait, you got rid of a speaker (sound over one), and can hear your car?!?!?!

If someone can't like the car's sound, and/or want to hear it ...they shouldn't be buying one. It's like "we'll tell you when you want to hear your car". I wouldn't drive one of these with anything not sounding as it does.
[/QUOT
Active sound has a module behind glovebox. You can unplug it

OP
OP

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
Active sound has a module behind glovebox. You can unplug it
I do like comfort and sport asc but R mode, obviously honda wanted this option to be track focused.

but why even put it in the car if you cant enable or disable it in the radio

I guess it only takes 5min to take apart the glove box oh well

DADM0D

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R #36335, 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Country flag
So I unplugged yesterday on my '20 after reading this thread. The day I bought the car I was wondering how to disable this feature, and I am so glad I did it. The engine sound without the ASC is fine, not gonna say great, but it's fine. I plan to do intake and exhaust to get some noise back hopefully sooner rather than later....
Sponsored