Who scored a Phoenix Yellow CTR Limited Edition?

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
i'm not sure if we could consider it "lucky" that we, in the US, get to have 600 units WITHOUT a preorder... or 100 WITH preorder. Canadians, did the 100 sold out within seconds of it being open for pre-order online? Just wondering since that's pretty much the vibe of 2020 with any online releases...
Sponsored

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
i'm not sure if we could consider it "lucky" that we, in the US, get to have 600 units WITHOUT a preorder... or 100 WITH preorder. Canadians, did the 100 sold out within seconds of it being open for pre-order online? Just wondering since that's pretty much the vibe of 2020 with any online releases...
All 100 sold out within minutes. I was able to get in a few minutes before the scheduled time and got lucky with being quick to the draw entering my information. By some heresay accounts, it supposedly opened 2 minutes early and sold out 2 minutes after the scheduled time, so around 4 minute window altogether.

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
All 100 sold out within minutes. I was able to get in a few minutes before the scheduled time and got lucky with being quick to the draw entering my information. By some heresay accounts, it supposedly opened 2 minutes early and sold out 2 minutes after the scheduled time, so around 4 minute window altogether.
wow... I guess whether it's a PS5 or a car, release windows are crazy thin. People are gonna spend when they want to

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
wow... I guess whether it's a PS5 or a car, release windows are crazy thin. People are gonna spend when they want to
I’m getting PTSD cause you mentioned PS5 - I had a heckuva time trying to secure one to no avail. Anyway, good luck to you if you’re shooting for an LE! I think it’s such bs how USA dealers charge exorbitant markup on special cars. The LE is expensive (for my budget) at MSRP as it is already.

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I’m getting PTSD cause you mentioned PS5 - I had a heckuva time trying to secure one to no avail. Anyway, good luck to you if you’re shooting for an LE! I think it’s such bs how USA dealers charge exorbitant markup on special cars. The LE is expensive (for my budget) at MSRP as it is already.
yea... the cost + mark up, makes daily driving it seems like it'd be somewhat stressful. I know it's not in the same caliber, but I'm not sure how some people could daily drive their R8 or lambos...

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
Update: They just told me mine (and probably a lot of yall’s too) is in Nova Scotia. At least 3 weeks out still....
Same here. My dealer told me it was supposed to be Jan delivery, but due to delay at the port, the estimated delivery is going to be February.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My local dealer had a pre-order for 2 of them and they sold instantly...this is the special one that if you get your hands on i hope it's a garage queen cause in 20 years from now if you can somehow still have it and it's bellow 10K miles in perfect condition it'll be worth a pretty penny.

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
My local dealer had a pre-order for 2 of them and they sold instantly...this is the special one that if you get your hands on i hope it's a garage queen cause in 20 years from now if you can somehow still have it and it's bellow 10K miles in perfect condition it'll be worth a pretty penny.
i agree! I feel very fortunate that I got two of them. While I definitely didn’t do it for “investment” purposes, I absolutely love the thought of keeping both of them. I really love the CTR and the LE just takes it up a notch!

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i agree! I feel very fortunate that I got two of them. While I definitely didn’t do it for “investment” purposes, I absolutely love the thought of keeping both of them. I really love the CTR and the LE just takes it up a notch!
then i would drive 1 but i would never park it anywhere but in my driveway and i would wax it often and keep her out of the sun...and the other one i would put away at the back of my garage under a tarp and put no miles on it :cool:

TYPRTY

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R LE
Country flag
I plan on using my LE each summer...it’s a 3rd car for me so it will always be kept in a garage, and it will never be driven in the rain...but it will get driven ?

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
yea... the cost + mark up, makes daily driving it seems like it'd be somewhat stressful. I know it's not in the same caliber, but I'm not sure how some people could daily drive their R8 or lambos...
While a small percentage of people dd a car like an R8, that’s not a good comp. Those types of cars don’t make good dd’s. That’s the beauty of the CTR - is a tarted up economy/family car that makes a great dd. Same with M3’s, S4’s, etc., just more upmarket.

This makes no sense. That’s an investment perspective. Take the $45k and see what that will be worth in 20 yrs. And it’s like marrying a supermodel and ‘wrestling’ with her only couple of times a year...

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R LE (#30 CAD), 2004 S2000
Country flag
At the end of the day, cars are meant to be driven. I plan on even taking my LE out to the track as I've had a blast driven the CTR on track in the past and it would be interesting to see how it compares with my S2000

BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag
At the end of the day, cars are meant to be driven. I plan on even taking my LE out to the track as I've had a blast driven the CTR on track in the past and it would be interesting to see how it compares with my S2000
Same here! Got to use the car for what it is optimized for “as-is”.

Last edited: