Who scored a Phoenix Yellow CTR Limited Edition?

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
Lame update from my end,

Just got a call from my work and my temporary lay off well... Not temporary anymore. No longer employed so that's probably going to force my hand of withdrawing unfortunately. I could keep myself in the running but I don't want to live "poor" to own the car.

I guess I shall wait another year or till I can find an equally good job before purchasing any kind of R.
Sorry to hear that. There will be other (special) cars down the road. Personally, Iā€™m not sure I can make this LE happen for me and get approved for a mortgage at the same time. I wonā€™t beat myself up over it if I need to let my allocation go as well. Hope that helps, and I wish you good fortune after this particular roadblock.
Sponsored

rwht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8 (Incoming)
Country flag
Lame update from my end,

Just got a call from my work and my temporary lay off well... Not temporary anymore. No longer employed so that's probably going to force my hand of withdrawing unfortunately. I could keep myself in the running but I don't want to live "poor" to own the car.

I guess I shall wait another year or till I can find an equally good job before purchasing any kind of R.
Chin up, and keep yourself in the running. There's still a year to go before these hit our shores so hopefully your situation turns around for the better before then - who knows maybe you'll find an even better opportunity :)

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lytt
Hang in there! In these times we have to prioritize and we feel you were recalling looking forward to this. In due time youā€™ll recover and maybe be blazing trails on Gen-XIR.

Mouth eating more important than right foot pressing. Even NASCAR went virtual, you got this.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I managed to snag one, upgrading from a 2017 hatchback sport to this, I hope no one shuns me for probably daily driving this.
Pretty sure this car was made to be driven. It is not a painting you hang on a wall. Type R 's are beautiful when parked, but much more so when in motion. You will be doing the right thing, and honoring those who designed and built your CTR.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am pretty sure the point of a CTR is to be King of the Ring, not queen of the garage. Glad to hear at least one buyer plans to drive it. I guess I will be staying true Aegean Blue to my '18 CTR. my wife and I both love the color, which is also easy to spot among the monochromatic hordes. As is, I still get looks and even unsolicited compliments on both the styling and the color. I can only imagine how much attention the Phoenix Yellow special edition will draw. Good luck trying to not be noticed when driving it like you tuned it.

JayeGee

JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag
I am pretty sure the point of a CTR is to be King of the Ring, not queen of the garage. Glad to hear at least one buyer plans to drive it. I guess I will be staying true Aegean Blue to my '18 CTR. my wife and I both love the color, which is also easy to spot among the monochromatic hordes. As is, I still get looks and even unsolicited compliments on both the styling and the color. I can only imagine how much attention the Phoenix Yellow special edition will draw. Good luck trying to not be noticed when driving it like you tuned it.
I agree drive the sucker till u run out of oil lolāœŒ

typer4life

First Name
Naveed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S, BMW ZHP 330i
Country flag
which link did you guys go to reserve it on honda.com and was there a notification sent before the reservation went online? I am in US and wondering how will it go, dealers don't know anything about it yet any clues ?

ultrashin

First Name
NOH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
The Canadians only have to pay MSRP for limited edition and that makes me jealous:popcorn:
I wish US also have laws that ban dealers from selling cars over sticker price.

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
The Canadians only have to pay MSRP for limited edition and that makes me jealous:popcorn:
I wish US also have laws that ban dealers from selling cars over sticker price.
I think it will be interesting to see how the US allocations are done. Because of the virus, Iā€™m also wondering if Honda will choose an online reservation and bypass dealerships as well, similar to what was done in Canada.

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
which link did you guys go to reserve it on honda.com and was there a notification sent before the reservation went online? I am in US and wondering how will it go, dealers don't know anything about it yet any clues ?
If you were referring to the Honda.ca Canadian site, they have created a specific page for the LE and had announced a preorder date 1-2 weeks ahead of time. They claim this is the first time any manufacturer tried doing a preorder online. Based on the positive response, I would imagine others will follow suit.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
If you were referring to the Honda.ca Canadian site, they have created a specific page for the LE and had announced a preorder date 1-2 weeks ahead of time. They claim this is the first time any manufacturer tried doing a preorder online. Based on the positive response, I would imagine others will follow suit.
Couldā€™ve sworn Mazda did that with the 30th Anniversary MX-5.

typer4life

First Name
Naveed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S, BMW ZHP 330i
Country flag
thank you for the info, assuming you subscribe to the email (at Honda.ca)when they notified or you came to know via the dealer email subscription.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Couldā€™ve sworn Mazda did that with the 30th Anniversary MX-5.
Yeah, there's a website for it. 500 were sold out in a few hours. https://www.30th-anniversarymiata.com/ Put yourself on the wait-list if available. Many on the list got in because people cancel their reservations for one reason or another.

Maybe it's first time for Honda Canada. Definitely not first time in the US.
Sponsored