Who scored a Phoenix Yellow CTR Limited Edition?

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder what the price will be.
Sponsored

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I think for US, you can only get these from dealers. According to my sale guy, he said the price will likely be astronomical for a civic. Especially if it becomes the last edition of FK8.
Yeah all these 1000 deposits , curious how many are gonna back out once the price drops? I mean at end of the day other then color its the same type R basically.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah all these 1000 deposits , curious how many are gonna back out once the price drops? I mean at end of the day other then color its the same type R basically.
It's not the same Type R it's a 1 of 100 you can say you own, that alone is worth the money. We Canadian's are very lucky to even have the opportunity to buy one. We usually get cut short on anything rare LOL..

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
The similarity of the car's composition makes little to no difference IMO. There's a reason why a pristine '97 ITR will bring in upwards of $80k now. It is essentially the same car as a 2000 or 2001, sans color availability. I believe that the limited production of this car will make a massive difference on its value 20+ years from now. I'm one of those idiots who had one of those pristine 97 models and parted with it a few years back.

The next few months will indeed be telling regarding the price announcement. I would consider reserving one if given the opportunity and if so, would begin using my current CW as a true daily.

Honda Civic 10th gen Who scored a Phoenix Yellow CTR Limited Edition? itr

Last edited:

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not me! Site opened up earlier (12:57 PM) than the advertised 1PM, all 100 for Canada were sold out by 1:02 when I tried to place the order

1590084292839.png
Sorry you missed out. Would have been cool. On the bright side, there are a lot of wonderful Type R's out there that will drive just about as well. And while not quite as rare, are still incredibly cool. I think one or more of these yellow beauties will come back up for resale as someone tries to make a quick buck. Keep your eyes open.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry you missed out. Would have been cool. On the bright side, there are a lot of wonderful Type R's out there that will drive just about as well. And while not quite as rare, are still incredibly cool. I think one or more of these yellow beauties will come back up for resale as someone tries to make a quick buck. Keep your eyes open.
That's for sure! Bring A Trailer will likely have one listed right away lol.

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
$1K deposit on a car like that is nothing. that's one of the reasons it sold out so quickly. So are there any restrictions to reselling the car ,or your place in line? seems like a great way to make a few bucks flipping it .

So since the price is TBD , what happens if the price is more than one wishes to pay? Does one get deposit back?

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
$1K deposit on a car like that is nothing. that's one of the reasons it sold out so quickly. So are there any restrictions to reselling the car ,or your place in line? seems like a great way to make a few bucks flipping it .

So since the price is TBD , what happens if the price is more than one wishes to pay? Does one get deposit back?
Deposit is fully refundable. However the reservation can not be sold or transferred to others, which is fair.

Didn’t see any restrictions in the T’s & C’s about reselling after purchase.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
Got the call from the manager at my dealer yesterday congratulating me on scoring one of the allocations after they got notified by Honda Canada. They asked me to confirm my legal name and home address. Perhaps a special gift is coming in the mail as part of the LE package.

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
Got the call from the manager at my dealer yesterday congratulating me on scoring one of the allocations after they got notified by Honda Canada. They asked me to confirm my legal name and home address. Perhaps a special gift is coming in the mail as part of the LE package.
Nice. Nobody has called me yet

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
Nice. Nobody has called me yet
He seemed as excited as I am. I would imagine that it would be a great promotional piece for their dealership as well, not to mention it would be theirs to do what they want with it if the car arrives and I bail out on the order for whatever reason. He said I’m the only one to choose his dealership out of the 100 allocated in Canada.

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Sucks that you missed out! Would have loved to see it at the local 10thgen meets.

Congrats to all that managed to get one. I completely forgot about the date so I didnt even get a chance to try and reserve one

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
I hope the people who actually buy these actually drive the damn cars and not keep them as a museum piece when values inevitably spike up 15-20 years from now.
It's quite stupid to purchase something like this as an investment. Better off putting the money in an index fund if your intention is to make money. If you put $55,000 in an index fund today and got a 6% average annual return, you'd have $176,000 in 20 years. If you got a 8% return(which is what the s&p 500 has averaged over the past 63 years since becoming a 500 stock index in 1957), you'd be at $256,000 in 20 years. A civic won't make anywhere near as good an investment!

Supastar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Curious which dealership u went with to have such good staff, thx