Who scored a Phoenix Yellow CTR Limited Edition?

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
I hope the people who actually buy these actually drive the damn cars and not keep them as a museum piece when values inevitably spike up 15-20 years from now.
Can only speak for myself but mine will be my only vehicle and daily driven if I do end up going through with the purchase.
Sponsored

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
It's quite stupid to purchase something like this as an investment. Better off putting the money in an index fund if your intention is to make money. If you put $55,000 in an index fund today and got a 6% average annual return, you'd have $176,000 in 20 years. If you got a 8% return(which is what the s&p 500 has averaged over the past 63 years since becoming a 500 stock index in 1957), you'd be at $256,000 in 20 years. A civic won't make anywhere near as good an investment!
Ah people need to justify their expenditures. They all said the same thing about the regular R. These same arguments came up in 17,18,19... and now people are getting 28k in trades no where near a good investment or going up in value like some seem to think. People are all well there was a integra R that sold for 80k.... um so what. That was an exception not a rule. That car was unique in condition and miles. Cars are not investments period. They are if you are a millionaire and can go buy and sell at barrett jackson and have access to rare numbered one of a kind special cars for the 60s and 70s and its typically American muscle. If you are having to justify the most likely 20kmark up on this yellow version over the regular by convincing yourself its gonna go up in value well. more power to ya LOL. Canada might get away with it but if anyone in the USA thinks they are getting one of these civics for under 60k you are nuts. Dealers here will mark up the hell out of these. Not to mention they are all gonna end up on southern california anyway LOL

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I managed to reserve mine as well.

MSRP is still TBD as per the screenshot below.
359542A3-9A88-4CF9-A32B-A971631228DF.jpeg
Don't like the sound of " to be announced "
Because its in yellow, it's much faster than my CTR in black. It should look amazing

lou430

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R BB, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2011 Honda CR-Z EX
Country flag
How do I get on list in USA ? Im interested

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Ah people need to justify their expenditures. They all said the same thing about the regular R. These same arguments came up in 17,18,19... and now people are getting 28k in trades no where near a good investment or going up in value like some seem to think. People are all well there was a integra R that sold for 80k.... um so what. That was an exception not a rule. That car was unique in condition and miles. Cars are not investments period. They are if you are a millionaire and can go buy and sell at barrett jackson and have access to rare numbered one of a kind special cars for the 60s and 70s and its typically American muscle. If you are having to justify the most likely 20kmark up on this yellow version over the regular by convincing yourself its gonna go up in value well. more power to ya LOL. Canada might get away with it but if anyone in the USA thinks they are getting one of these civics for under 60k you are nuts. Dealers here will mark up the hell out of these. Not to mention they are all gonna end up on southern california anyway LOL
I know its not a CTR but I just sold my 96 993 speedyellow Turbo that I bought seven years ago, and more than doubled my money, hey who knew, I didn't. So you never know what the market will bring

Lyttle

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Got a phone call from my local dealer today, asked about MSRP he said he didn't know but thought I would give it a shot, also let me know that someone else in my area got one as well!

lou430

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R BB, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2011 Honda CR-Z EX
Country flag
Whats the guess here......... around 45k or above ?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Do we know yet what "revised steering" means? Will these have a different steering rack altogether, or will it be a software thing. If software, I wonder it we can copy the revisions?

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
So, I always wanted a Yellow Prelude Si or CRX Si because I loved the look, but I always asked myself if it would be such a good idea to drive a car with such an eye-catching and loud color. I wouldn't want my neighbors, colleagues, family, friends, teachers, etc. to instantly identify my car and know where I have been and so on. In particular, cops and troopers would notice a yellow car. The only worse color in this respect might be Neon Green.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I always wanted a Yellow Prelude Si or CRX Si because I loved the look, but I always asked myself if it would be such a good idea to drive a car with such an eye-catching and loud color. I wouldn't want my neighbors, colleagues, family, friends, teachers, etc. to instantly identify my car and know where I have been and so on. In particular, cops and troopers would notice a yellow car. The only worse color in this respect might be Neon Green.
Counterpoint: I would totally wrap my car in the eye searing green the coupes came in.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
That’s going to take some getting used to for sure, even more so cause I’ll be tempted to get a “CTR LE” personalized license plate. For a car this good, I’m willing to make an exception to my usual conservative image, and I’d feel that way about the Boost Blue too. Must admit though, the Champ White still tugs at my heartstrings for multiple reasons: traditional Type-R colour, I really like how it looks, and it’s relatively subtle and understated.
Sponsored

Last edited: