saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Believe it or not now is the time to go kayaking in Florida ( I made the mistake to go in the summer time waaaay to hot! ) I used to kayak in Long Island also I had a plastic molded sit-on-top. now living in Florida I don’t have much room where I live I now own a inflatable kayak also sit-on-top ( which was actually more than the molded one)
but it’s great just put it in the trunk when I go and when I’m done. It’s one of the more peaceful hobbies I do
Sponsored

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Kayaking is fun. We have a single and a double. They are the sit in style. I’m a little hydrophobic so we usually are just not too far off shore around Martha’s Vineyard. Used them in the Charles River in Boston once. That was really cool because it gave a very different perspective from the River road I use as my little race course. I agree it is very peaceful. We only use our van to transport them. I don’t know how people fish with them? I would be so paranoid of a fish pulling me out to see. Around the vineyard there as striped bass that can get decent sized. But I guess if I hooked one of those I should be glad!

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Kayaking is fun. We have a single and a double. They are the sit in style. I’m a little hydrophobic so we usually are just not too far off shore around Martha’s Vineyard. Used them in the Charles River in Boston once. That was really cool because it gave a very different perspective from the River road I use as my little race course. I agree it is very peaceful. We only use our van to transport them. I don’t know how people fish with them? I would be so paranoid of a fish pulling me out to see. Around the vineyard there as striped bass that can get decent sized. But I guess if I hooked one of those I should be glad!
A supervisor at a company that I worked at on Long Island fished off a fishing kayak he’s the one who got me into kayaking. He said it was was better than his fishing boat

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Are you fishing with your kayak? I think I watch too many YouTube videos where people have sharks too close for comfort. Plus again I’m a little hydrophobic. But yeah I have the most fun with my kids out kayaking. Sometimes we will hook oars together and just float looking at the water and sky. Very peaceful.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We do some on Lake Mead and Reno when we make the trip up.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you fishing with your kayak? I think I watch too many YouTube videos where people have sharks too close for comfort. Plus again I’m a little hydrophobic. But yeah I have the most fun with my kids out kayaking. Sometimes we will hook oars together and just float looking at the water and sky. Very peaceful.
Ha the last time I went fishing I was 12 years old
I was never good at it I did some surfing and body boarding when I was in my later teens and early twenties now it’s just kayaking I just go around the harbor and some of the more traffic canals the gators tend to stay away from heavy traffic canals I didn’t have this problem on Long Island

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ha the last time I went fishing I was 12 years old
I was never good at it I did some surfing and body boarding when I was in my later teens and early twenties now it’s just kayaking I just go around the harbor and some of the more traffic canals the gators tend to stay away from heavy traffic canals I didn’t have this problem on Long Island
Geeeze, gators? I forgot you’re in Florida! Now I remember from the RC car thread you mentioned gators. That would not be fun to encounter a gator kayaking! I’m kinda stupid with animals and I would try to pet the thing and make friends with it...haha!

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Geeeze, gators? I forgot you’re in Florida! Now I remember from the RC car thread you mentioned gators. That would not be fun to encounter a gator kayaking! I’m kinda stupid with animals and I would try to pet the thing and make friends with it...haha!
When I worked for Borden dairy ( it was a small distribution WHSE) it was in the middle of nowhere I believe the closest thing was a prison
and landfill there was a canal that ran along side in the summertime we would have a occasional gator in the lot we would blow the air horns on the trucks to scare them away. This was also scary when we had to lock up at night no lights and the canal was 10 feet from the main gate. If I heard water splashing around at night I stayed in my car and left without closing the gate ( the supervisors understood)

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Whatever you do while kayaking in Florida with alligators, don't feed them cheeken, even if you are only dealing with a forfeeter!

It may be beautiful, but it's a freaking predator. o_O This can happen:

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Whatever you do while kayaking in Florida with alligators, don't feed them cheeken, even if you are only dealing with a forfeeter!

It may be beautiful, but it's a freaking predator. o_O This can happen:

Haha, that would be me in the boat...I would probably try to pet the thing. I’m stupid like that with animals. :D

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Haha, that would be me in the boat...I would probably try to pet the thing. I’m stupid like that with animals. :D
I walk across to bridges at least once or twice a week on the south bridge I noticed some thing in the water it was a shark it looked big
there were fishing boats around . it was impressive but this is the area I kayak in

Honda Civic 10th gen Who kayaks F1A72C32-05B8-420F-A7A1-CFAA7D49636B

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I walk across to bridges at least once or twice a week on the south bridge I noticed some thing in the water it was a shark it looked big
there were fishing boats around . it was impressive but this is the area I kayak in

F1A72C32-05B8-420F-A7A1-CFAA7D49636B.jpeg
you are a brave man! But so cool to see all those animals! Up in Massachusetts we just have squirrels and chipmunks. You have gators, anole lizards, pythons and sharks! So cool!!!’

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you are a brave man! But so cool to see all those animals! Up in Massachusetts we just have squirrels and chipmunks. You have gators, anole lizards, pythons and sharks! So cool!!!’
there squirrels here to. Don’t know what they eat though theres no Acorns. Haven’t seen a python and don’t want too hate snakes and lizards pythons would be in the Everglades
Sponsored