Who is waiting for an intake with a larger MAF housing ('Stage 2')?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
@Administrator is there a way to turn this into a poll? Options at bottom...this posted before I was finished.

Hey guys,

Just trying to get some numbers together for the various Intake manufacturers that sponsor/frequent this forum and give them an idea on just how much demand there is.

As you may know, if you're running a flashed ECU, you're pretty much running out of room to grow because of the fact that your MAF is approaching max limit. In order to get around this, the 'easiest' solution is to have a MAF housing that is just perhaps 15mm larger in diameter. Being that our stock MAF housing is integrated into the air cleaner cover, you're pretty much in for a package deal if you get a bigger housing.

*If you're on MoTeC, the MAF limitation is not an issue and you can kinda do whatever you want on this topic...

I wanted this to be a poll. Which of the following are you/are you interested in?

1. Stock, Stage 0, or Stage 1 is good enough for me, so a stock-sized MAF housing (stock, aftermarket) is sufficient for my needs.
2. Stage 2 or higher is my goal, so yeah I need a bigger MAF housing. I'd like to see an aftermarket intake with a larger MAF housing included and I'm targeting up to 500hp.
3. Stage 2 or higher is my goal but I like OEM look, fit, finish, so I'd be interested in a revised air cleaner lid with integrated larger MAF housing. This would just be a 5 minute swap, wouldn't add much in the way of noise, would allow 'Stage 2' and perhaps above, and may be restricted by filter design and air box plumbing design...but would certainly allow for some gains with the ability to quickly swap&flash back to stock for dealership trips...
4. I'm MoTeC so I have much higher goals and/or don't want to work through the challenges of using the OEM ECU and hardware.
Sponsored

Last edited:

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
#2 for me

Since the car is my daily driver, I only plan on doing full bolt-ons as to not deal with reliability issues. Thus a Hondata/Ktuner is sufficient for me.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
#2 for me

Since the car is my daily driver, I only plan on doing full bolt-ons as to not deal with reliability issues. Thus a Hondata/Ktuner is sufficient for me.
I'm with you on that. It's a daily for now but even when it's 'retired' it's not going to be a time-attack car or anything...just a fair weather cruiser. Still will probably put 5000+ miles a year on it and it needs to be able to do any highway trips that may come up (daily at that point will be a leaser).

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
is there a forum official kind of stage definition?

things are getting out of hand and confusing now lol.

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan LX, '17 CTR (PA Signed in WI, ETA 5/31-6/7, Blue)
Country flag
#2 for me as well. Had an intake on order and cancelled after finding out about stage two and The sensor limitations.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Not really, but basically what we're thinking right now is that 'stage 2' is going to a larger MAF. Seems that this is what they're thinking at this point-

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag

It all depends on what the tuners/forums wants to call stage 2.... but at least in the Cobb world

Stage 1- Tune, intake, exhaust or just Tune
Stage 2- Tune, intake, exhaust, intercooler
Stage 3- Tune, intake, exhaust, intercooler, DP

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
It all depends on what the tuners/forums wants to call stage 2.... but at least in the Cobb world

Stage 1- Tune, intake, exhaust or just Tune
Stage 2- Tune, intake, exhaust, intercooler
Stage 3- Tune, intake, exhaust, intercooler, DP
in subaru land (which was mainly cobb, probably still is), stage 3 used to mean turbo swap and beyond. stage 2 was hardware (up+downpipe), stage 1 was just ECU flash.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most of my hardware(save the turbo) have been replaced already. Waiting on the Intake to get here, and the tune.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
in subaru land (which was mainly cobb, probably still is), stage 3 used to mean turbo swap and beyond. stage 2 was hardware (up+downpipe), stage 1 was just ECU flash.
Oh yeah should have clarified this was for the Focus ST.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
Id pick 3 , a clean oem look that I could turn up just a little more over the stage 1. Is there any company or OEM Honda maf housing out or coming out that is slightly larger ?

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
@Administrator is there a way to turn this into a poll? Options at bottom...this posted before I was finished.
Hey guys,
Just trying to get some numbers together for the various Intake manufacturers that sponsor/frequent this forum and give them an idea on just how much demand there is.
As you may know, if you're running a flashed ECU, you're pretty much running out of room to grow because of the fact that your MAF is approaching max limit. In order to get around this, the 'easiest' solution is to have a MAF housing that is just perhaps 15mm larger in diameter. Being that our stock MAF housing is integrated into the air cleaner cover, you're pretty much in for a package deal if you get a bigger housing.
*If you're on MoTeC, the MAF limitation is not an issue and you can kinda do whatever you want on this topic...
I wanted this to be a poll. Which of the following are you/are you interested in?
1. Stock, Stage 0, or Stage 1 is good enough for me, so a stock-sized MAF housing (stock, aftermarket) is sufficient for my needs.
2. Stage 2 or higher is my goal, so yeah I need a bigger MAF housing. I'd like to see an aftermarket intake with a larger MAF housing included and I'm targeting up to 500hp.
3. Stage 2 or higher is my goal but I like OEM look, fit, finish, so I'd be interested in a revised air cleaner lid with integrated larger MAF housing. This would just be a 5 minute swap, wouldn't add much in the way of noise, would allow 'Stage 2' and perhaps above, and may be restricted by filter design and air box plumbing design...but would certainly allow for some gains with the ability to quickly swap&flash back to stock for dealership trips...
4. I'm MoTeC so I have much higher goals and/or don't want to work through the challenges of using the OEM ECU and hardware.
I go with # 2, however, the MAF housing to me right now is last priority, ultimately I would like to think we can bypass that aforementioned limitation in a different way, not so a terminal. We are already unleashed having tuning options, more to come..
P.S: I can't believe, we have not seen any Intake for this car made by K&N or AEM.