Who is going to trade in for the GR Corolla?

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
Get rid of R?....nope!! Add Corolla to driveway...sure!! I'm an AWD guy. 5 Subaru WRX/STis, 4 evos, and 1 R32 GTR before the R (first fwd I've modded). Was eyeing used evos but think I'll wait for Corolla now.
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

monstarind

Monstar Industries
First Name
Monstar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.monstarind.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R FK8R
Country flag
Not trading anything in for it. I will say the car looks extremely good and has a ton of potential. Those engines have been pushed to 400HP before.

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
A Civic owner mocking another car with less cylinders. :flame::rofl:
I own a Toyota 4Runner, and a huge fan of their cars. I think Toyota has missed the boat, with most of their sports cars. They lost me with their BMW -Supra and BMW- RAV4. They just killed their Tundra, by replacing the V8 motor.

I totally understand that times are changing, not everyone will agree and they want tech to continue. Just wait for the EV MR2. LOL

jabberwocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla/Pilot/Tacoma
I own a Toyota 4Runner, and a huge fan of their cars. I think Toyota has missed the boat, with most of their sports cars. They lost me with their BMW -Supra and BMW- RAV4. They just killed their Tundra, by replacing the V8 motor.

I totally understand that times are changing, not everyone will agree and they want tech to continue. Just wait for the EV MR2. LOL
I mean I can see what your saying. I agree Supra is in a strange place right now. Lets see how people feel about it though if it gets a stick. The Gr86/BRZ seems like it hit all the right marks for a lot of people for a drivers car. Truth be told I wish it was the Yaris vs a Corolla but that ship has sailed. But the hp /weight difference seems like it will be inline. For three cars in the 30-60k range I don’t know what if much more they can offer.

VashTheStampede

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, FK7, EG2
Country flag
Until someone gets to drive this thing, we’re all going to be arguing endlessly - Unfortunately the whole car relies on the powerband and useable torque of that 3 cylinder. Im optimistic about the motor being a good one, but we haven’t seen it in action with the 300hp. Anyway, what I’m getting at, is that this car has the same specs as the 2008 STI - and likely the same or nearly the same weight, and that car wasn’t much to write home about because of the tuning and powerband.

So, anyway, excited to see reviews, but my initial take that this is a different type of car for a different experience stands.

Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2017 Range Rover HSE
Country flag
Nope. Not interested. But it’s nice.

MJCORK

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I think the car is ugly...not sure what it wants to be...just my opinion

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I'll def add to my garage and when I do gonna find another Type R owner and race lol

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Until someone gets to drive this thing, we’re all going to be arguing endlessly - Unfortunately the whole car relies on the powerband and useable torque of that 3 cylinder. Im optimistic about the motor being a good one, but we haven’t seen it in action with the 300hp. Anyway, what I’m getting at, is that this car has the same specs as the 2008 STI - and likely the same or nearly the same weight, and that car wasn’t much to write home about because of the tuning and powerband.

So, anyway, excited to see reviews, but my initial take that this is a different type of car for a different experience stands.
well, the peak torque comes in at 3k rpm so it cant be as bad as the sti which didnt peak till like 4k+. Power also peaks later so it wont be as bland and boring as how the stock ej25 is tuned.

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
My wife drives a corolla hatch and it is TINY compared to the civic. Rear leg room and cargo room are a joke.