Who here has had a GenX Si for a short time, but has either traded or thinking of trading it in?

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dang bro...I caould get that payment down!!! Just grab the finance manager by his nards and pull!!!
there’s only so cheap a $35k vehicle is gonna get unless you putting down a lot of money. But anyway, even for a nicer car luxury wise, regardless of the payment, I’m just not ready to give this little coupe up. It’s just too much damn fun all the while getting 40mpg. Ideal would be Si paid off and Grand Cherokee of Passport next to same.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From the sound of it, if you want a more performance oriented car what about a project car? You can get a 335i for under 10k put 5k into mods and have a beast of a car. And then still have the si for it’s great mileage

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Personally im always ready to change
I waiting to see what happen with a couple of new cars such as:
New audi A3
New WRX with a more modern and fuel efficient engine?
ILX with a new platform and engine?
Golf R
Or bmw 2 serie
A3 and 2 series are super cramped inside

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
Got a 2017 Si sedan in July 2017, not long after it first released. $24k and change.

Put about 25k on it, daily driving etc.

Never did any mods and never raced it.

Got tired of driving stick and wanted something comfy in an automatic.

Traded it in last week and got $19k for it. Not bad.

Got a used 2016 Acura TLX 2.4 w/8spd DCT and 32k miles on it, $19500.

No real regret. It's much easier to drive and it's comfortable.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought mine after months of researching all types of cars, and after coming from a Gen8 Si.
Anyway, no real gripes about the car, but I sometimes wish I would of gotten either a true performance oriented car (STi or Type R),a fun car like a Miata RF, or even a decked out CUV like the new Mazda CX-5 Signature.
Had a budget of around $40K to spend on a car, but common sense told me to pick the Si as a sort of do it all little car that cost way less than my other choices.
Anyone trade in the Si or plan on it?
How bad did you get raped?
Not gonna tell you what to do with your money but if your current car doesn't give you what you want (identify what you want) and if money isn't tight, shoot for the moon. Test drive all of the cars on your list, and do it sooner rather than later. OTOH, if money is tight, drive Si for 3 years, then trade it in for something else. Good luck!

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I had an 18 Si for exactly a year before trading to the 19 R only about 2k rolled over. Somethings I miss about the si. Like having money left over to modify and play with the car every month. I had more fun in the Si simply because the R gets me into speeds that end with a jail sentence alot faster. Lol Radar detector highly recommended if you trade up.

OP
OP

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
I had an 18 Si for exactly a year before trading to the 19 R only about 2k rolled over. Somethings I miss about the si. Like having money left over to modify and play with the car every month. I had more fun in the Si simply because the R gets me into speeds that end with a jail sentence alot faster. Lol Radar detector highly recommended if you trade up.
What did they give you for your Si?

MC-rath

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 RSX Type-S 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I've had mine for 1 year and I've considered trading it in if I come across a good deal on an Evo since thats what I really wanted to get when I was looking for a new car.

Boni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Only if its faster and more fun to drive. One of the things that made me get the Si was back seats but I really don’t use those. Maybe a next gen STI, 86 or used Supra, M2/240M or Corvette would be the choices for me. Don’t see the point of getting a GTI or WRX where it’s the same concept as the Si. No rush for me however as the Si is fun enough for me and haven’t even gotten the ktune or summer tires yet.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Yeah I might get a NISMO 370Z. I love that car.
That car is so old school I love it! Get it with the 6 speed manual and you will be in heaven... until you hit SoCal traffic that is

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I bought mine after months of researching all types of cars, and after coming from a Gen8 Si.
Anyway, no real gripes about the car, but I sometimes wish I would of gotten either a true performance oriented car (STi or Type R),a fun car like a Miata RF, or even a decked out CUV like the new Mazda CX-5 Signature.
Had a budget of around $40K to spend on a car, but common sense told me to pick the Si as a sort of do it all little car that cost way less than my other choices.
Anyone trade in the Si or plan on it?
How bad did you get raped?
I bought one of the first couple hundred 2017 Si's made (VIN ended in 00171) for sticker price ($24,775 + TT&L). It was vandalized several months later and had a door replaced. I traded it in about a year later for $22,200 for a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT.

The Accord was faster and larger, but not as fun to drive, not as economical, the audio system didn't sound as good, and I really missed the LSD, adaptive dampers, and shifting on my own.

I traded the Accord for a problematic 2019 RDX that I didn't like which got traded for a 2019 Ridgeline that I currently own. I bought a few motorcycles earlier this year then got rear-ended by a distracted driver last month that totaled the motorcycle and nearly totaled me.

I'm now in the market for a small, sporty automobile with a manual transmission again. I'd like a new Miata Grand Touring manual, but those are more rare than Civic Type R's and the BRZ/86 don't do much for me. I like driving VW's, but I wouldn't buy one. I keep coming back to a Civic Si - it's just a terrific value.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I bought one of the first couple hundred 2017 Si's made (VIN ended in 00171) for sticker price ($24,775 + TT&L). It was vandalized several months later and had a door replaced. I traded it in about a year later for $22,200 for a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT.

The Accord was faster and larger, but not as fun to drive, not as economical, the audio system didn't sound as good, and I really missed the LSD, adaptive dampers, and shifting on my own.

I traded the Accord for a problematic 2019 RDX that I didn't like which got traded for a 2019 Ridgeline that I currently own. I bought a few motorcycles earlier this year then got rear-ended by a distracted driver last month that totaled the motorcycle and nearly totaled me.

I'm now in the market for a small, sporty automobile with a manual transmission again. I'd like a new Miata Grand Touring manual, but those are more rare than Civic Type R's and the BRZ/86 don't do much for me. I like driving VW's, but I wouldn't buy one. I keep coming back to a Civic Si - it's just a terrific value.
The biggest complaint I have heard about the Accord Sport 2.0T is the soft suspension. Savagegeese just did a review on the 2019 and that was his complaint, they should have put an Si suspension and LSD

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That car is so old school I love it! Get it with the 6 speed manual and you will be in heaven... until you hit SoCal traffic that is
Haha I live in SoCal and work in The movie studios in Hollywood and know all about the traffic. Just think of it as a moment for everyone around you to enjoy the sight of a beautiful car.
Sponsored