Who has been pulled over already and for what reason?

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
Just wondering how much of a cop magnet this car is. Anyone get pulled over for no reason?
Sponsored

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I pass cops daily on my commute and haven't been stopped yet. I typically do 5-10 over and no one bothers me. It's common for cars to 5 mph over limit without cops caring in Houston unless you're unlucky to get an asshole. You basically have to drive over speed limit or your ass will be run over. I get more attention from middle-aged BMW drivers that want to drag race their X5 at stop lights than I do police so far. To be honest Boost, 99% of the time the car isn't what makes it a cop magnet, it's the driver.

OP
OP

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
Well I've owned sleepers all my life, even my m3 blended in. This will be my first car with a huge wing and those red accents with black lower is sure gonna stick out like a sore thumb in white. Just wanted to see what I can expect.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I've owned sleepers all my life, even my m3 blended in. This will be my first car with a huge wing and those red accents with black lower is sure gonna stick out like a sore thumb in white. Just wanted to see what I can expect.
Understandable, but to be fair the CTR may look super aggressive from the factory but when you sit it next to a "ricer" car that's slammed, has a giant wing, decals, loud exhaust (bwwaaaaaahhhh), and other aftermarket parts it's actually quite subdued and looks the way it should.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Good topic Boost. I was thinking about this the other day wondering if anyone has a speeding ticket yet. Or if they would admit to it. I'm one for getting speeding tickets every few years, but have done better of late - except with my Civic Sport in April of this year. Oh well. I use the Waze app so I do get heads up potentially of police ahead of me. I am not the idiot that weaves in and out of traffic lanes, but I am the guy who like to own the left lane. People just don't get that the left lane is for passing. Some folks think that if they are doing the speed limit they have a right to be in the left lane. Sure you do, but if someone comes up behind you, get the heck over!
On another topic - What's your top speed to date in your Type R? You don't have to disclose if it was track or street. Mine is 115 mph to date. Briefly of course, you know, to test the car. ;)

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Funny you mention this...about 5 miles from the dealership I bought the car from, I had a cop bust a 'U' and follow me for about 10~15 minutes until he decided to bust another 'U' and setup a speed trap. He was definitely following at a far distance and going the speed limit so he was using the 'if this car keeps increasing the gap between us, I'm pulling him over' method.

HumbleSage

The Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2, 2008 Civic SI's. 1 Ralleye Red (Stock). 1 Fiji Blue Pearl (Modified). 1 2017 Civic Type-R (Stock)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Twice. I'm in MI. One was a state, the other a local. They just wanted to check out the car and had questions. No ticket... even though the local certainly could have given me one.

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
I am not the idiot that weaves in and out of traffic lanes, but I am the guy who like to own the left lane. People just don't get that the left lane is for passing. Some folks think that if they are doing the speed limit they have a right to be in the left lane. Sure you do, but if someone comes up behind you, get the heck over!
There's nothing illegal with safely weaving in and out of traffic. I mean, would you rather sit behind that person doing 55 in the left lane, or go around them? I drive defensively and that means not letting others dictate your speed, actions, etc.

Also FWIW, I see you live in Cleveland - the "left lane for passing only" rule only applies to roads/highways outside of municipal areas (cities). I know that's how it is in every major city I've been to, wouldn't surprise me that it's that way in Cleveland too. Most people call it the "fast lane", but that's a misnomer, because on intra-city treets/highways/expressways/interstates, the left lane is usually designed for through/express traffic (as opposed to the outer lanes, which are for exiting and entering), hence the "express lane" and people miscontruing that into "fast lane". Think about it like a trafffic circle - if you want in our out, you're using the right lane; if you want to keep going around, you use the left lane. It has nothing to do with speed.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I got pulled over twice. Once was three days after I got the car and cop busted a "U" turn and pulled me over for no front plate. Of course I didn't have any plates except for the dealer paper advertisement. Got let go and told to put both of my plates on once I get them from the DMV. Second time was on the street and got stopped for going too slow and impeding traffic. I was babying the car and was going 35 in a 45. Average speed on that particular road was 51mph. Got let off with a warning once I told the cop that my car was brand new and I didn't want to go fast in it yet.

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 V6 6 SPEED COUPE ACCORD
I got pulled over twice. Once was three days after I got the car and cop busted a "U" turn and pulled me over for no front plate. Of course I didn't have any plates except for the dealer paper advertisement. Got let go and told to put both of my plates on once I get them from the DMV. Second time was on the street and got stopped for going too slow and impeding traffic. I was babying the car and was going 35 in a 45. Average speed on that particular road was 51mph. Got let off with a warning once I told the cop that my car was brand new and I didn't want to go fast in it yet.
Id tell the cop to go f himself

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
Then we should see the headline like this " Civic type-r owner got gunned down".

But seriously the blue color is kind of asking for it .
No kidding! haha.

basilpesto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring 2D OWP
Country flag
Good topic Boost. I was thinking about this the other day wondering if anyone has a speeding ticket yet. Or if they would admit to it. I'm one for getting speeding tickets every few years, but have done better of late - except with my Civic Sport in April of this year. Oh well. I use the Waze app so I do get heads up potentially of police ahead of me. I am not the idiot that weaves in and out of traffic lanes, but I am the guy who like to own the left lane. People just don't get that the left lane is for passing. Some folks think that if they are doing the speed limit they have a right to be in the left lane. Sure you do, but if someone comes up behind you, get the heck over!
On another topic - What's your top speed to date in your Type R? You don't have to disclose if it was track or street. Mine is 115 mph to date. Briefly of course, you know, to test the car. ;)
I've already been pulled over, not with a type r, but the touring sedan. Cop was like "new car huh" and slapped me with a speeding ticket, probably because I'm young at 21.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
I've already been pulled over, not with a type r, but the touring sedan. Cop was like "new car huh" and slapped me with a speeding ticket, probably because I'm young at 21.
Or perhaps because you were speeding? ;)
Sponsored