LoneWolf77

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I bought my car near the start of the pandemic in 2020. Been working from home ever since. Car is almost 2 years old and has about 12000 Miles on it. I've thought about selling it, but I couldn't live without a car. Anyone else have low mileage on their car? Also my maintenance minder says it needs brake service. The brakes feel fine, would you bother?
Sponsored

kingbudd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si, 1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT, 2016 Infiniti Q50, 2017 Cadillac XT5, and 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have a 2019, only 7,500 miles. So about 2,500 miles per year. I only do annual oil change, disregard the MM. If you are mechanically capable, check the brake fluid and see what it looks like, if not, go to someone that you trust (not Honda). Honda will say you need to do it, based on the MM and their service schedule.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
i have a 2018 with 35000 but about 20-25 were pre pandemic. Brake fluid should be like 30k unless you've smashed the crap out of them this whole time. I think i've debated selling my civic constantly because of the low amount of miles i'm putting on. love the car but seems like a travesty when i'm not driving like crazy. at the same time the used market is so terrible there's nothing affordable to replace it with that i wouldnt hate.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I had 11,200 miles when I sold my 2018 in October. I wouldn't sell unless you want to shop new, know exactly what you're looking for, and know you can get it without a mark up. The used market is a complete dumpster fire.

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
22k on my 17 hatch. Planning on more miles this summer.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2020 civic here 11 000km on it also bought at the beginning of the pandemic, also work from home...and no personally I would not do the brake service with such low miles...others opinions may vary but I will wait a bit more personally...

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Your mileage is similar to mine. Have owned my ‘16 since new and only have about 65k kms on it. Mine’s been dealer-maintained, though, so it’s hard to say about needing the brake maintenance. They’ve been pretty good to me. The rear rotors were all grooved during the first year, which they blamed on ‘needing yearly maintenance’ at first. They resurfaced the rotors (don’t think the replaced them) and they’ve been fine ever since. The climate I live in is a LOT more hostile than yours, though.

Just make sure you note any checks/changes you do in a service log. Honda even has a free online web tool you can use for that. The brake fluid is supposed to be changed every year or so, if you’re being technical. It should be fine to keep, though. Especially for how little we drive.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2019, bought in 2020, got 22k miles clocked. I ride my bike year round besides winter. But just did a 1k round trip for my moms wedding. ?‍?. No plans to sell with all I’ve done with it, plus its gonna be my final car before we’re forced to go full EV. No reason to finance a new car tbh. with all that factored in. Especially with the new civics gens not looking as fun anymore n being a Honda fanboy.

Last edited:

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
Purchased my '20 SI Coupe in May 2020. 13,500 miles. Sell it? I bought a coupe for a reason. As far as I am concerned, there is nothing on the current market deemed a replacement for the price.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Purchased my '20 SI Coupe in May 2020. 13,500 miles. Sell it? I bought a coupe for a reason. As far as I am concerned, there is nothing on the current market deemed a replacement for the price.
besides the used market booming, could sell for a plus, but then the dealership is just going to no lube you with markups.

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
Also my maintenance minder says it needs brake service. The brakes feel fine, would you bother?
Brake service is most likely the brake fluid. The maintenance minder flags for replacing it every 2 years because it absorbs water, regardless of usage. Whether you buy into that or not is your call. I personally have never done a routine brake system flush on any vehicle.

Cody FKH8R

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
2020 fk8, bought “used” with 640 miles, currently sitting at 2642 miles.

fk7_shel

First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic sport CVT
Country flag
Creeping up on 13k. Bought it last year with a little over 9k on it. I've done 1 Amsoil oil change to it so far. Don't drive much anymore after getting DUI. Have half tank of gas from the last time I filled it up on Jan 18. Don't see me putting much mileage on it for the next 2 yrs. The breathalyzer is a pain the a$$.
Sponsored