Who else couldn't care less about "infotainment"?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
As far as the menu design not being intuitive, I don't see it. I've seen much worse. People's "intuitions" and expectations how this should be organized are very different, and I don't always like what others like. But I quickly adapt to someone else's logic, however weird it appears initially.

Actually, I like the Honda way in comparison with most other cars and now it has grown on me. I have driven a lot of rental cars over many years, and I can't expect I will like the buttons in all of them. I still need learn how to use all the features I need/want quickly, mostly on the rental agency parking lot and on the way from the airport. No sweat and no time to get annoyed about it, so I try to enjoy it instead.

All I care about is how many unnecessary button/screen pokes it takes to get where I need to. And yes, some new systems take decent puzzle-solving skills to find everything in 10-15 minutes without reading manuals.
Sponsored

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Same here. As long as I have a head unit that can play music from my phone, I'm content. I don't need the UI to look stunning, or it to be super quick or anything.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I do but only to get carplay. Honestly the head unit from a manufacturer really should be radio, and then access to androi auto or apple carplay. There's no reason for them to try and do their own thing.

AceCivic

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Sedan Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
One of the reasons I bought the model I have is for Apple CarPlay. I love being able to access my maps app, and switch between music or podcasts very easily. I agree that it's no longer the "classic" driving experience of low-tech, minimalist style, but in my case it's very helpful so I enjoy it.

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
I'm with you, CVCTURBO.
43 years old here, and one of the last holdouts as far as NOT having a smartphone, which makes the "infotainment" system about as worthless as tits on a boar hog.
I came from a 2007 Si to a 2019 Si, and the stereo and climate system on the 19 absolutely sucks compared to the 07.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I can't get myself into all the add on electronics and bs on cars. I could care less if my radio reads me social media messages or whatever. I rather have a car that's fun to DRIVE, not calculating math equations.....

Anyone else feel the same?

Besides that, all I see is people always complaining about their infotainment systems.
I'm just happy to have MP3/FLAC over USB to the unit instead of fudging around with 3.5mm jacks or losing quality over bluetooth. EOS.

jdmyogi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I couldn't care less before when I had the base model infotainment from Honda on my 2017 hatch sport but recently upgraded the speakers, sound deadened the doors, and upgraded to the new PX6 Dasaita headunit with wireless Apple Carplay. The set up is a gamechanger for roughly $500 total if you order the headunit through AliExpress

jameshaynes2428

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
I couldn't care less before when I had the base model infotainment from Honda on my 2017 hatch sport but recently upgraded the speakers, sound deadened the doors, and upgraded to the new PX6 Dasaita headunit with wireless Apple Carplay. The set up is a gamechanger for roughly $500 total if you order the headunit through AliExpress
I have several questions about this!
Does the OEM mic work with CarPlay?
Do all of the steering wheel controls work the same? Such as, does the voice command button activate Siri?

jsharon

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRZ Limited 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have several questions about this!
Does the OEM mic work with CarPlay?
Do all of the steering wheel controls work the same? Such as, does the voice command button activate Siri?
I'm running a dasaita px5 8 core 4gb in my 19 civic coupe and all my steering wheel buttons work. It came with a harness so no splicing was required. The only thing I did was add a heat sink and a fan to reduce temps since I drive with no ac and windows down. px6 will be the same just the newer version of the px5. Make sure you get a unit that has at least 8 core and 4gb of ram.

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 "Clifford" Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2015 Civic EX 5MT
Country flag
I personally love infotainment, but that might be because I started driving only 2 years back. Biggest thing I like is Google Maps being on my infotainment and having Netflix/YouTube on it. I sometimes play a YouTube video while doing longer drives and having the girlfriend choose something to play. Picking up food or parking up is a lot better too since I have something to keep me entertained without the need to hold my phone.
Sponsored