Who else couldn't care less about "infotainment"?

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
I can't get myself into all the add on electronics and bs on cars. I could care less if my radio reads me social media messages or whatever. I rather have a car that's fun to DRIVE, not calculating math equations.....

Anyone else feel the same?

Besides that, all I see is people always complaining about their infotainment systems.
Sponsored

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
my Wife isnā€™t the greatest co-pilot, so being able to have maps on the screen helps quite a bit. I also like to see my average gas mileage on the screen... I personally like the infotainment, especially if I donā€™t have to pay for it as an upgrade.

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I care about it to a point. I do expect a certain level of technology coming into a new car. I donā€™t need it to be super advance though, as long as itā€™s quick and responsive. Iā€™m a sucker for good speakers too. But Iā€™m also into technology in general. This is my first car with Apple car play and I love it.

I do appreciate older cars that donā€™t have so much technology too though. Just you and the car, listening to the engine!

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
Idk man...using CarPlay to have google maps for navigation pretty amazing compared to the days of plug in GPS systems or having to mount your phone and use that little screen while someone else tries to yell at you about when youā€™re supposed to turn. Iā€™m going to embrace the tech and just turn it off when I want to go for a drive and take in nothing but the car and the road.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do, only saving grace of that buggy mess is Apple CarPlay for me. If they redo it entirely for the 11th gen, it better be upgradable by the dealer or manual.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hate touch screens, but like having access to more information and features in the car. I also prefer design choices like Honda's to integrate the screen into the dash, instead of simply plopping it on top so it sticks out like a sore thumb, as many other manufacturers are doing. I don't think I could ever buy a tesla because of how huge and center-stage their screen is. #keepscreenssmall

Last edited:

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I can't live without a good infotainment, only because while driving is really the only time I listen to music.

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Call me old fashion but I Bluetooth the ol Pandora and listen.

Or if I'm over that, I literally listen to the engine.

I feel like all these amenities can pull you away from paying attention.

Or even prevent you from getting that raw experience from driving the actual vehicle.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Maybe it's just the inner tech geek in me but a car with a polished infotainment and a nice big screen that's clear really appeals to me. Fact is that our lives our now driven by technology, so having good technology in your car goes a long way for me. Especially stuff like carplay, it's completely changed the driving experience. Having my spotify playlists open on my infotainment screen is priceless.

Edward

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I can't get myself into all the add on electronics and bs on cars. I could care less if my radio reads me social media messages or whatever. I rather have a car that's fun to DRIVE, not calculating math equations.....

Anyone else feel the same?

Besides that, all I see is people always complaining about their infotainment systems.
No

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd rather cars have a good infotainment because the reality of it is people these days are addicted to their phones. If it can allow them to access functions without having too much time looking away from the road, regardless if I use it I appreciate the feature.

I use Apple CarPlay myself but I only really use to get my Spotify shuffle going and occasionally skip a song, which I can do from the wheel. I'll also let Waze run so it can buzz of any road hazards and the like are ahead, though I try to use the built in navigation because that will give directions by the tach which I prefer. Waze is also buggy now so it's been relegated and Spotify has been turned down so it's background noise so I can hear where my engine's at.

Where I think they get a little silly or extravagant are some of the infotainment systems you'll see in cars like newer Mercedes-Benz with over the top "features" that are really just gimmicks, but car manufacturers are always going to try little tricks like that to make themselves feel different. Oh, and I would be very hard pressed to buy any car with a tacked on tablet of an infotainment. I feel a good one should be as seamlessly integrated as possible.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Call me old fashion but I Bluetooth the ol Pandora and listen.

Or if I'm over that, I literally listen to the engine.

I feel like all these amenities can pull you away from paying attention.

Or even prevent you from getting that raw experience from driving the actual vehicle.
I feel the same way. Bluetooth and Pandora is what I rock. If I'm feeling frisky, my 160gb 6th gen ipod classic with some 22k+ songs on it is also plugged in. My buddy with his 16 ex-t sedan praises every single bit of tech, and I always come back with, "that shit makes me feel like a passenger in the driver's seat." Screw that. I wanna drive my car, not have the car have shit that makes me complacent behind the wheel. If I need a map, I got my phone mounted in a good spot.

To top it off, he's had his infotainment shut down on him because of heat, my roomie has had his '20 sport hatch's infotainment system be wonky with Android Auto. Meanwhile, zero issues with my boring ass color audio in my 18 sport hatch.

Hydrolic11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My last car before my 2019 civic, was a 2006 civic..... it had a CD Player, no Bluetooth, nothing. When I got this 2019, I wondered how I lived so long without Apple CarPlay. No more looking down or mounting my phone to a stupid suction cup to look at Waze.

But yeah, the other stuff I probably dont care too much for. But Apple CarPlay for GPS is a gamechanger for me, and I use it all the time.

I do miss that CD Player though (not):p
Sponsored