Who else couldn't care less about "infotainment"?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Si coupe
Country flag
Definitely don't need my car to read social media posts but it would be nice if it didn't take 5 whole seconds to access my HVAC controls and have sluggish menu performance.

I use Android Auto for maps/music so that's nice to have and keeps your phone free. It's a Civic, not a race car, amenities can be nice.

Advertisement

nizarz

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
I can't get myself into all the add on electronics and bs on cars. I could care less if my radio reads me social media messages or whatever. I rather have a car that's fun to DRIVE, not calculating math equations.....

Anyone else feel the same?

Besides that, all I see is people always complaining about their infotainment systems.
There's no reason there cant be both an infotainment and a fun car to drive. My civic is my first car with an infotainment screen and I think its great with the phone calls, texts etc. Especially how strict we are here in Canada with using a phone while driving.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Car(s)
'19 Honda Civic Sedan Sport, '07 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's no reason there cant be both an infotainment and a fun car to drive. My civic is my first car with an infotainment screen and I think its great with the phone calls, texts etc. Especially how strict we are here in Canada with using a phone while driving.
Pretty much, just a click of the button on the steering (hey Siri/android, call/text mom, play “yada yada song”) much better. And it keeps your eyes on the road.

jtrader

First Name
James
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport CVT, 2009 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm 50/50. I sometimes yearn for the updated infotainment inside the 2020 Sport Hatch, but other times, I love the simplicity of my '18 Sport Hatch base radio.

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe. 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t.
Country flag
Or even prevent you from getting that raw experience from driving the actual vehicle.
I think all the driver aids and “electronic nannies” take away from that raw experience more than an infotainment system. I love driving my Si but I miss the rawness of my AP1 s2000 because the most advanced thing on it was the electric power steering. No pedal dance to turn off VSA, just you and the car. It’s a lot easier to turn off an infotainment system than the driver aids.

Lyttle

First Name
Spencer
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I agree slightly, I don't care much for the infotainment past it playing my own music and the maps app, essentially if I can just have access to Apple CarPlay then that is all I need. I have seen a lot of people buying aftermarket tablets? head units? infotainments? what ever the heck they're called now of days to replace the ones already in place but I find that a bit extreme.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Si coupe
Country flag
I'm 50/50. I sometimes yearn for the updated infotainment inside the 2020 Sport Hatch, but other times, I love the simplicity of my '18 Sport Hatch base radio.
Is the 2020 actually different other than the button layout?

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I don't care about infotainment either. I listen to the radio or music off a usb stick. That's about it.

It's not that I dislike it, I just wouldn't use the features so it seems like a waste for someone like me.

shabadoo25

First Name
Chas
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic EX-L
Country flag
It's very helpful and safer to have cell phone features available that don't require looking down at the phone.

Upgrading to Apple Carplay was huge for me.

OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag

I don't care about infotainment either. I listen to the radio or music off a usb stick. That's about it.

It's not that I dislike it, I just wouldn't use the features so it seems like a waste for someone like me.
Same here. And since my phone bluetooths to the basic radio in my sport hb I never have to touch my phone to answer calls or change songs.

I mean I guess I see why some people like the infotainment but it also seems like I always see threads of people complaining about theirs.

I spend 3+hrs a day commuting and all I need is this basic unit. I'm sure at some point I may want to put a sub and better speakers in. Then I'll put a regular touch screen in.

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
I can't get myself into all the add on electronics and bs on cars. I could care less if my radio reads me social media messages or whatever. I rather have a car that's fun to DRIVE, not calculating math equations.....

Anyone else feel the same?

Besides that, all I see is people always complaining about their infotainment systems.
I'm with you on this. I couldn't have said it better myself.