Whitleline RMM insert

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Hello Guys,

Whoever changed the RMM or placed the insert, How you guys torqued the RMM properly? Can't place a socket in that area because of downpipe. unless I remove the downpipe I can't exactly torque the Nut. if I tighten it more or less its gonna stress out the motor mounts and cause premature failure
Sponsored

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
You have to get a "crowfoot" socket tool. It's like a wrench attachment for your ratchet.

Something like this:

Screenshot_20201106-214501_Firefox Focus.jpg
But it does change the torque as the distance is added by some amount if I am not wrong. It may be negligible but if exact torque is needed we need to account for that minor additional distance

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
But it does change the torque as the distance is added by some amount if I am not wrong. It may be negligible but if exact torque is needed we need to account for that minor additional distance
It's negligible, but make sure you have it at a 90° angle with the body of the torque wrench before you attempt to torque it. Get it tight with a regular open-end wrench first and then use the crowfoot. This is the only way to torque that bolt with the downpipe still attached.

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring