• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Whiteline sway bars

tunerguy13

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic type r
For sale a set of whiteline sway bars for $300 new in the box
Sponsored

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Except if you put Eibach 25 on a lx the car will handle like bananas.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
what does this do to the Type-R stock handling characteristics?

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Except if you put Eibach 25 on a lx the car will handle like bananas.
Well yeah going from a 16mm to a 25mm rear bar is a huge jump, but pair that with a larger front sway you should be able to maintain a similar balance to stock.

what does this do to the Type-R stock handling characteristics?
Sway bars further help eliminate body roll while maintaining similar to OEM ride quality because they don't directly effect the way the car rides over bumps like the springs do. Perfect for someone who wants better handling, less body roll, more confidence in cornering, but doesn't necessarily want to lower their car or stiffen up the ride with lowering springs.

mrluigisan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
FYI any bar for the Type R fits on the Si and also base model Civics. They are not exclusive to only the FK8.
U mean it fits all hatchback only or does it fits the sedan too ?

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Well yeah going from a 16mm to a 25mm rear bar is a huge jump, but pair that with a larger front sway you should be able to maintain a similar balance to stock.

Sway bars further help eliminate body roll while maintaining similar to OEM ride quality because they don't directly effect the way the car rides over bumps like the springs do. Perfect for someone who wants better handling, less body roll, more confidence in cornering, but doesn't necessarily want to lower their car or stiffen up the ride with lowering springs.
My Type-R has yet to be upset in a hard corner...I am wondering how it could be better. These don't make the ass kick out or anything?

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
My Type-R has yet to be upset in a hard corner...I am wondering how it could be better. These don't make the ass kick out or anything?
While the Honda engineers did a great job on the Type R suspension, so good in fact it became the fastest front-wheel drive production car ever around the Nürburgring....It still is a street car that while very capable on the track has inherent understeer at the limit that manufacturers design for safety and due to the FF layout. I doubt on the street you will notice this, but take the Type R on the track and it should become more noticable at the limit...at least it was for me on my Si which has a 18mm rear sway compared to the 20mm on the Type R. By upgrading to a bigger rear sway it will further eliminate understeer while inducing oversteer but nothing crazy to kick the back end out because you are only increasing the sway bar diameter by 2mm.
Sponsored