ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I agree on most suspension , 95% of people running Swift, they advertise 1.0/1.0 but in reality it's closer to 1.25 , Whiteline is only lowering 0.7/0.7 it helps a lot with not rubbing and this is why I chose that brand . I wanted more of an OEM+ kind of ride, This car already has low ground clearance from factory.
Still no rub?

Anyone else with 18x9.5 +38 with 265/35 tires?
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Always enjoyed the Whiteline Springs on my Si, I did contemplate putting them on the Type R when I got it but opted to go all out with testing Ohlins Coilovers. Great Springs for the price, glad to hear that you're loving them as well :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Type R
Country flag
I just had the whiteline spring and sway package installed. Noticeable drop with great street manners still. I'm running 18x8.5 +35's with 245 RT660's. Stock front camber. I had to bend the fender tabs.

Just ran Palmer clockwise and hit a personal best by ~.3 seconds, which is almost entirely due to going downpipe/intercooler/tune update. Car is still limited by the front camber. I did drive on the tires all summer too, so they're maybe hardened a bit. I wasn't braking as hard as my last pb either. Handling was beautiful and predictable, maybe more planted, but it's very hard to say I found higher limits. Blaming hardened tires I suppose. I do kind of feel like the laps were "easier" than the old pb, but hard to separate the extra power on tap. Without trail braking I wouldn't say the back really wanted to rotate more, I just always felt limited by the front grip.

Next season I'll do front camber mounts maxed out and go to 9.5" +45 with 265 RT660s and see how it goes.

I'd recommend the package as a cost-effective marginal improvement in looks and roll control that won't really cost you anything on the street, but emphasize the need for maxed front camber for serious tracking. And probably tw200 tires that haven't had 10k summer highway miles put on them, hahaha.

Redman920

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have whiteline springs and sway bars and drive the car daily and do track days often and love them. it lowers the car just enough for me the ride quality is good, they dont feel harsh. as far as track performance they feel good much better than stock the car doesnt want to roll ver as bad in the corners like it did stock

B2CC9748-9E16-4701-9C20-A567FCA3056A.JPEG
Did you cut the rubber stopper for the front?