First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi all,

I just wanted to get more info regarding the whiteline springs on the Si.

1. How much negative camber did you end up getting or gaining with the springs installed (f/r)?
2. Does it warrant getting the rear camber kit?
3. Do you feel any difference with regular vs. sport mode compared to stock? or is the ride just more firm period
due to the higher spring rates?

Thanks in advance! I have searched, but did not really get the answers i was looking for.
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hi all,

I just wanted to get more info regarding the whiteline springs on the Si.

1. How much negative camber did you end up getting or gaining with the springs installed (f/r)?
2. Does it warrant getting the rear camber kit?
3. Do you feel any difference with regular vs. sport mode compared to stock? or is the ride just more firm period
due to the higher spring rates?

Thanks in advance! I have searched, but did not really get the answers i was looking for.
1. Can expect between -1.5 to -1.8 at the rear, and max -0.8 with the guide pins removed
2. No, the 0.8" drop does not alter the suspension geometry enough to warrant needing a camber kit. We still added the SPC Camber Kit on our Blue Si with Whiteline Springs to give us a greater range of adjustability
3. Yes, since the Blue Si is my daily I keep it in Comfort when I'm wafting to and from the shop, and throwing it into Sport there's an immediate difference - the ride doesn't become bouncy or jarring, but noticeably stiffer

You can find both items on our site :)

Whiteline Springs: https://unity-performance.com/products/whiteline-lowering-springs?_pos=1&_sid=18e93f22d&_ss=r

SPC Camber Kit: https://unity-performance.com/produ...civic-excl-type-r?_pos=2&_sid=14e3e3ddf&_ss=r

Let us know if you have any questions :)

Humza

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. Can expect between -1.5 to -1.8 at the rear, and max -0.8 with the guide pins removed
2. No, the 0.8" drop does not alter the suspension geometry enough to warrant needing a camber kit. We still added the SPC Camber Kit on our Blue Si with Whiteline Springs to give us a greater range of adjustability
3. Yes, since the Blue Si is my daily I keep it in Comfort when I'm wafting to and from the shop, and throwing it into Sport there's an immediate difference - the ride doesn't become bouncy or jarring, but noticeably stiffer

You can find both items on our site :)

Whiteline Springs: https://unity-performance.com/products/whiteline-lowering-springs?_pos=1&_sid=18e93f22d&_ss=r

SPC Camber Kit: https://unity-performance.com/produ...civic-excl-type-r?_pos=2&_sid=14e3e3ddf&_ss=r

Let us know if you have any questions :)

Humza

I got a question actually. How would these Fair against swift springs?

I actually see that these are stiffer in the front vs swift but are less stiff on the back than swift.

On a stock suspension with just springs alone, wouldn't this induce more understeer?

Would the Type-R rear swaybar negate that? (Pending install)

OP
OP
si@vegas

si@vegas

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thank you Humza! will most likely go this direction. i guess with the neg. camber front lower ball joint, i can max out at -1.8 front with the guide pin removed and whiteline springs. with -1.5 degrees in the rear, i think that would be ideal.

Just one last thing, is there any room for adjustment in the rear camber with the stock components? or am I just at the mercy of the type of spring i put in?

JT

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got a question actually. How would these Fair against swift springs?

I actually see that these are stiffer in the front vs swift but are less stiff on the back than swift.

On a stock suspension with just springs alone, wouldn't this induce more understeer?

Would the Type-R rear swaybar negate that? (Pending install)
I have a local friend trying out the Swift Springs, and giving us feedback. He's using his car on the street, currently has a CTR 20mm RSB, and bought my used 22mm Whiteline RSB to test next season.

With him covering Swift for us, I went with Whiteline for several reasons:

- Mildest drop for zero rub, max clearance
- Stiffest Front Springs for quick steering response, and also zero rub on full lock turn-ins at AutoX, and Circuit
- 35lbs softer Rear Springs than Swift. I'm running the 26mm Solid Whiteline RSB, and the softer rear spring rate helps neutralize that bar's oversteer tendencies. I also added the Whiteline 27mm Solid FSB to further neutralize the balance because the 26 rear still wanted to come out on me! Great for AutoX use however :)

Whiteline Springs
Front Spring Rate: 253lbs/in
Rear Spring Rate: 286lbs/in

Swift Springs Rate:
Front: 229lbs/inch
Rear: 319lbs/inch

Whiteline won't induce more understeer because just like the Swift the Rears are stiffer than the Fronts, it'll simply have less oversteer tendencies because the difference is 30lbs/inch Front to Back, not 90lbs/inch.

IMO, Whiteline are also better for novice drivers because understeer is safer, and easier to manage. You can't go wrong with either, just choose according to your build goals, and skill level

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you Humza! will most likely go this direction. i guess with the neg. camber front lower ball joint, i can max out at -1.8 front with the guide pin removed and whiteline springs. with -1.5 degrees in the rear, i think that would be ideal.

Just one last thing, is there any room for adjustment in the rear camber with the stock components? or am I just at the mercy of the type of spring i put in?

JT
Very welcome! The lower ball joints are awesome! Gave @Thusee the first set to try with his setup, we've sold several kits this week and last. I'll get one on mine too over the winter :)

Realistically you'll get total -1.5 to -1.6, it'll help with the steering response, and reduce tire sidewall roll.

Everything Whiteline is 25% Off till Friday if you wanted to grab any items:
https://unity-performance.com/produ...civic-excl-type-r?_pos=1&_sid=befdfdbb3&_ss=r

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a local friend trying out the Swift Springs, and giving us feedback. He's using his car on the street, currently has a CTR 20mm RSB, and bought my used 22mm Whiteline RSB to test next season.

With him covering Swift for us, I went with Whiteline for several reasons:

- Mildest drop for zero rub, max clearance
- Stiffest Front Springs for quick steering response, and also zero rub on full lock turn-ins at AutoX, and Circuit
- 35lbs softer Rear Springs than Swift. I'm running the 26mm Solid Whiteline RSB, and the softer rear spring rate helps neutralize that bar's oversteer tendencies. I also added the Whiteline 27mm Solid FSB to further neutralize the balance because the 26 rear still wanted to come out on me! Great for AutoX use however :)

Whiteline Springs
Front Spring Rate: 253lbs/in
Rear Spring Rate: 286lbs/in

Swift Springs Rate:
Front: 229lbs/inch
Rear: 319lbs/inch

Whiteline won't induce more understeer because just like the Swift the Rears are stiffer than the Fronts, it'll simply have less oversteer tendencies because the difference is 30lbs/inch Front to Back, not 90lbs/inch.

IMO, Whiteline are also better for novice drivers because understeer is safer, and easier to manage. You can't go wrong with either, just choose according to your build goals, and skill level

Thank you! Do you think these will still rub even on 20 mm spacers? Or would the fender tab mod alleviate that issue

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wheel and Tire Specs?

Stock si wheels 18x8
235/40/18

This will be the deciding factor in which kit i go with honestly. I don't have any plans on changing my wheel set up and unfortunately I am running spacers to clear the Brembo Genesis calipers.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Stock si wheels 18x8
235/40/18

This will be the deciding factor in which kit i go with honestly. I don't have any plans on changing my wheel set up and unfortunately I am running spacers to clear the Brembo Genesis calipers.
225/40R18 winters on my stock wheels with 20mm spacers to clear the Gen Coupe Brembo Kit, no rub here :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline spring question for Si owners DSC_1503.JPG

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Reviving the post , if I go swift or whiteline should 18x9.5 +38mm on 255/35/18 will be fine to avoid rub or I should go more with 18x8.5 +35mm also pair with 255/35/18. Last question, what is the best width wheel for the handling?
Sponsored

Last edited: