Whiteline rear swaybar install and review UPDATED AGAIN installed lateral locks on swaybar

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
I'll be doing the rear bar soon and wanted to see if any of you needed to unbolt the LCA to put the new bar on the car. I was checking out Edge Autosports excellent YouTube video and they did that, but I'd prefer not to as I know from past experience with another car that it can be a PITA to line the bolt holes back up.
No need to unbolt the rear control arm unless you cant get the rear end of the car up high enough off the ground to angle the bar out over the exhaust. Plus if you undo it you will most likely have to get an alignment after.
Sponsored

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
No need to move the LCA.

progress technology has a good pdf write up.
Thanks, and I just did check out their install guide and video.

Turn10Photos

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turn10photos.com
Vehicle(s)
FC3 Si, FK7, HRV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just thought about something that I’d share with you and the community. I’ve checked your swaybar install, I’ve checked my swaybar install, and found nothing loose. I’m starting to think the noise is coming from elsewhere. Imagine that the front and rear subframes (which house all the suspension) are independent of each other (which they are). And they are held together by the car’s chassis, which in a perfect world, would be 100% stiff, but realistically has some flex in it. Now by making the roll resistance stiffer by upgrading swaybars, the front and rear subframes are fighting each other and the chassis is trying to keep everything straight.

I have a feeling the noise is coming from the hatchback latch area. Of the Civic chassis, the hatch has the furthest point from the hinge to the hatch, so any kind of twist in the chassis would move the hatch side to side. In fact, the coupe and sedan trunks don’t even hinge the same way as the hatch and would be affected even less.

I not sure, just throwing it out there, maybe get some feedback. I’m sure the CTR chassis is stiffer than the regular hatchback, but I wonder if there’s a bolt on part (like the trunk bars in the DC2 Type R) that could help with chassis stiffness.
Think you're right.. I have had the rear sway bar installed for over a year now and have begun getting a noticeable "clunk" noise from the rear of the car.
Sounds like the suspension is lifting and dropping - Seems to occur more on hard suspension bumps. Coupe - maybe 3-4k since install.

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
does anyone knows if the whiteline rear endlinks make clunking noise and can this be adjusted longer to about 80mm? I have the eibach rear spherical endlinks and they do make noises and it is also confirmed by other civic owners.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
The Whiteline end links appear to have an adjustment range of 55-65mm from the two mounting points. If you are referring to overall length it could very well be 80mm. The spherical end links are definitely going to be more noisy than the other types. If you don't want to shell out the money for the adjustable Whiteline ones I would just upgrade to the OEM Accord/Type R style ones.

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the full rear eibach set up inluding the brace and it wont let me go back to factory length endlinks as it needs more space between the bar and control arm. I guess ill just have to deal with the noise or i can take off the brace and install the factory endlinks if i want a quiet ride but i dont want to do that.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Sorry I don't have any experience with the Eibach brace. The sphericals you have are going to offer the most performance at the cost of noise. If you get rid of the brace I still wouldnt recommend going with the factory plastic Si links with an aftermarket bar. At least upgrade to the Accord ones or Whitelines if you can afford it.

Mike2020si

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The washers are metal. The lateral locks can be on either side of the bushing. As long as they are both either inboard or outboard. In theory, you could even have one on each side of one bushing. Is there a noticeable difference? No. They don’t add to the stiffness or the action of the swaybar. They only keep it centered.
Just installed WL rear sway bar on civic Si sedan - what’s the best way to get it centered before I throw on the lateral locks. It slid over a little, either that or I installed it without it being centered. Just want to know what to take off in order to make centering it the easiest and effective. My end links aren’t even, but they didn’t explode yet. thinking of also upgrading the end links but I don’t plan on using the stiffest setting so don’t think it matters.

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Just installed WL rear sway bar on civic Si sedan - what’s the best way to get it centered before I throw on the lateral locks. It slid over a little, either that or I installed it without it being centered. Just want to know what to take off in order to make centering it the easiest and effective. My end links aren’t even, but they didn’t explode yet. thinking of also upgrading the end links but I don’t plan on using the stiffest setting so don’t think it matters.
Unbolt the endlinks from the lower arms, then pivot the swaybar up and down while pushing it towards the side you need it centered to. This should “walk” the bar easier than just trying to slide it center.

Mike2020si

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Unbolt the endlinks from the lower arms, then pivot the swaybar up and down while pushing it towards the side you need it centered to. This should “walk” the bar easier than just trying to slide it center.
Thank you. And lastly what’s the procedure for trying getting those lateral locks on? Will I have to remove the bar completely ?

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Thank you. And lastly what’s the procedure for trying getting those lateral locks on? Will I have to remove the bar completely ?
Nope the bar stays on. Just unscrew the 2 halves of each lateral lock and put the bar in between. Just orient the lock so you can access the Allen bolts while the car is on the ground or in the air.

dave.landstone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX 6MT:
Country flag
Thanks! I have the front sway bars as well.. those will be going on in about two weeks so that should balance things out.

I drove the car quick a bit today, through canyon roads and everything and I loved the way it was handling. Not sure if it's going to change once I fix the bushing positions but I liked it.
Did you end up doing the front sway bar? How hard was it and should I just wait when I do my clutch?

cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Nope the bar stays on. Just unscrew the 2 halves of each lateral lock and put the bar in between. Just orient the lock so you can access the Allen bolts while the car is on the ground or in the air.
I bought 20mm lateral locks and forgot my RSB is actually 22mm. For those of you who have actually installed these Whiteline locks, will 20mm locks work on a 22mm bar?

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you end up doing the front sway bar? How hard was it and should I just wait when I do my clutch?
Thats when Im installing mine. You might as well so the assembly doesnt have to be removed as often.
Sponsored