Whiteline rear swaybar install and review UPDATED AGAIN installed lateral locks on swaybar

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
very impressive you guys did this with just handtools and a jack! Front swaybar looks like a nightmare to swap
Sponsored

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Put in the rear sway bar and end links last night. For the end links, I just eyeballed the length. Today while driving, I noticed noise from the left side. Everything is tight. Any ideas?

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Put in the rear sway bar and end links last night. For the end links, I just eyeballed the length. Today while driving, I noticed noise from the left side. Everything is tight. Any ideas?
Double check everything you loosened. Did you stack the bushings correctly st the bottom of the link (in the control arm)?

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Double check everything you loosened. Did you stack the bushings correctly st the bottom of the link (in the control arm)?
Sorry, first time I did sway bars. What do you mean by "stack the bushings"? I know it was a PITA to get it to line up.

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline rear swaybar install and review UPDATED AGAIN installed lateral locks on swaybar 1DC33568-A373-4098-A20A-CDD925CA2672

See those 2 bushings/collars? The set should’ve come with 4 of them. Each endlink takes 2. They act as spacers at the bottom of the endlink. You slide them over the silver tube.

If you set the bar to the stiffer setting (hole towards the front) you put one bushing on either end of the tube.

If you set the bar to the softer setting (hole towards the rear), you slide that silver tube out so you can stack the collars on the same side of the bushing.

The main purpose is to keep the endlink vertical regardless of what stiffness you set it to.

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Did you try to tighten the endlink while the swaybar was already installed? If so, I can almost guarantee that it isn’t tight enough. You need to tighten the endlinks to the bar first, then install everything on the car together.

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1DC33568-A373-4098-A20A-CDD925CA2672.jpeg

See those 2 bushings/collars? The set should’ve come with 4 of them. Each endlink takes 2. They act as spacers at the bottom of the endlink. You slide them over the silver tube.

If you set the bar to the stiffer setting (hole towards the front) you put one bushing on either end of the tube.

If you set the bar to the softer setting (hole towards the rear), you slide that silver tube out so you can stack the collars on the same side of the bushing.

The main purpose is to keep the endlink vertical regardless of what stiffness you set it to.
Welp. Looks like I'm taking it all out tomorrow and redoing it. Wish they had actual instructions on their website. I put that bushing on the top of the end link so that the bar sits flush against it. I didn't put anything in the base.. so that's why I have two extras. So that makes sense. I have it in the same hole as post #10. Is that the stiffer setting?

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline rear swaybar install and review UPDATED AGAIN installed lateral locks on swaybar 5F53E48D-2874-4C71-B883-B5E603D1DF3C
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline rear swaybar install and review UPDATED AGAIN installed lateral locks on swaybar 98A97CBD-6C5B-4287-B7C6-2580BA5A45AE

Sorry for the blurry pic but that’s how the top and bottom of the link should look. The washers don’t come with the kit, I got them from Home Depot. I just used them so the hardware doesn’t mess up the powdecoat on the bar.

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup.. mine definitely doesn't look like that but I appreciate the pictures. I'm going to redo it tomorrow. Man, that end link with allen key and nut was such a b*tch. I'm going to get a pass through socket or ratcheting wrench lol.

Also should everything off, put on the end links, then fish the bar through and install the brackets then bushings? Not sure if there was a particular order but I just know it took me way too long to get everything bolted back in. And how much did you tighten the nut on the end link (where the height is adjusted)?

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
For the locking nut on the endlink, just as tight as you can. There’s no twisting action on it as the suspension articulates so it’s not prone to work it’s way loose.

Tighten the nut to the swaybar as tight as you can, I tightened it to factory spec and it came loose. It will need, and can take, more torque. The bottom bolt can take factory torque, same as the bushing saddles.

One last piece of advice. People have said (complained?) that adding ONLY a stiffer rear bar on a sport or LX can be too much oversteer. So be warned. If you plan to balance it with a front Si or CTR or aftermarket bar down the road, you’ll be ok with the stiffer setting on the rear bar (where you have it set to now).

If you plan no other swaybar upgrades, maybe the softer setting might be a good place to start. I only mention it now cause to switch from soft to hard settings, you gotta take the links out and rearrange the collars.

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks! I have the front sway bars as well.. those will be going on in about two weeks so that should balance things out.

I drove the car quick a bit today, through canyon roads and everything and I loved the way it was handling. Not sure if it's going to change once I fix the bushing positions but I liked it.

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
BEFORE you put the front swaybar on, get the lateral locks and install them at the same time as the bar. They’re super easy to install that way than when everything is back in. See my earlier post about the front bar further up.

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh yeah. I did read about those in your earlier post. I need to see if it came with the kit, otherwise I'll contact Whiteline
Sponsored