JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Finally felt like I had enough miles with the new Whiteline anti-lift kit installed on my daily driven 2017 Si to give my feedback and share my experience with the community. This kit replaces the heavily voided rear rubber bushing and housing on your lower front control arm with a much stiffer polyurethane bushing. It also changes the front suspension geometry to give additional positive caster. Here are some of the key benefits of adding caster to your vehicle and why you would want more.

1) Improved straight-line stability at speed due to higher self centering effect on the steering wheel.

2) Improved cornering grip due to maximizing the tires contact patch through better dynamic camber control. The outside wheel will get more negative camber and the inner wheel will get less negative.

Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline KCA467 Anti-Lift Kit (ALK) Review ALK comparison to OEM

Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline KCA467 Anti-Lift Kit (ALK) Review OEM Honda rear bushin

I won't go into much detail about the install because it is really straight forward on the base models/Si and Whiteline does include pictured instructions. For the Type R alloy arms I know it is a bit more complicated due to having to separate the ball joint from the control arm instead of just unbolting it like on the steel arms. If you can install lowering springs yourself, then you should be able to do this job no problems. The hardest part really is trying to get the OEM bushing off. If you don't have access to a press, it can still be done without one though with the help of a bench vise. You will need to try prying and twisting the arm itself or the bushing housing to separate the two. Install of the new Whiteline ALK is basically reverse of disassembly. Be sure to line up the locating indentations on the newly supplied bushing insert with the OEM steel arm if you are a base/Si owner it can only fit on one way. These are located at the 12 and 6 o clock position on the arm itself. Before sliding the new bushing over the arm I used teflon tape to wrap the steel arm itself to prevent any metal on poly contact. This is not in the instructions but it is a trick I have used in the past on other vehicles to help prevent squeaks later down the road once the grease starts to dry up. In my opinion there wasn't enough grease supplied with the kit, but luckily I have a whole tub of moly grease, which is the same type of grease Whiteline uses. You can never put too much on when it comes to applying grease to poly bushing. It would be nice to have zerk fittings though.
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline KCA467 Anti-Lift Kit (ALK) Review ALK on arm
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline KCA467 Anti-Lift Kit (ALK) Review ALK on Civic Si

First thing I noticed immediately upon my first drive was the feel of the additional positive caster by way of the increased steering effort and how the steering wheel wants to snap back to center after making a turn. The best way I can explain the new feel is like my car is now already in sport mode as there is much less difference in steering feel between the two modes. Si owners should be able to relate to this. The alignment shop was able to confirm just over 6 degrees of positive caster. This is almost a full degree more than I have seen on my other alignment sheets and from others who have shared on this forum.

Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline KCA467 Anti-Lift Kit (ALK) Review 2017 Civic Si Alignment

Another noticeable difference is the improved brake pedal feedback. Now that the LCA is being held in place with a firmer bushing, there is less deflection in the suspension allowing the front tires to better grip the ground which helps not only in deceleration but also acceleration. I don’t like launching my car that much, but I feel like I did notice a little less wheel spin when launching the car with TC fully disabled on my stock all season Goodyears. This will most definitely help coming off the line in drag racing or autocross scenarios.

At my local test track (shout out Adams Motorsports Park) which is really a kart track that lets full size cars run twice a month, I was able to shave off almost a full second on a 10 turn course that runs primarily in 2nd and 3rd gear. With the benefits of more cornering grip from the additional positive caster provided by the ALK I was able to consistently get on the throttle at the apex or just before the apex with little to no understeer. On some of my local freeway interchange loops that I regularly take I noticed I am able to carry more speed through the turn before TC kicks on. This could simply be me feeling more confident in car though. Overall I am pretty satisfied with the performance of this kit, the cost of it, the install and best of all it was wife approved!. Thanks for reading this far and happy :drive:

Last edited:

xmikedentx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si, 2016 Tacoma TRD 4x4
Country flag
Nice write up! Didn't know Adams opened for full size cars!

Couple questions though. PRL sells the RV6 mounts and they claim a "harsh driving experience", did you notice any NVH or harsh feedback?

And what shop did you take your car to? Kinda tired of shops who don't understand geometry.

Thanks!

OP
OP
JO3L

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Nice write up! Didn't know Adams opened for full size cars!

Couple questions though. PRL sells the RV6 mounts and they claim a "harsh driving experience", did you notice any NVH or harsh feedback?

And what shop did you take your car to? Kinda tired of shops who don't understand geometry.

Thanks!
Adams has been doing that for almost a decade. I used to go back in 2010 with my Miata and thought any other car would be too big on track.

Unfortunately I cant really comment on NVH because after I installed the 27WON rear engine mount I just came to a realization that my car is going to vibrate a lot more than stock. It’s a trade off that I was willing to deal with. That being said I didn’t notice any additional NVH from the kit.

I did the install myself with the help of a friend who has a cheap press from Harbor Freight. It’s really not that difficult and can be done in an afternoon taking your time. There’s a bunch of shops around CA but if you are in SoCal I recommend Evasive Motorsports or Chewerks.

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport manual
Country flag
Thank you for the review.

What are you going to do with your stock bushings? I would be interested in buying them if you don't need the anymore.

OP
OP
JO3L

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
@Shadowfighter Right now I am keeping them along with all my other stock parts. I have a little less than a year left on my lease, but I have enjoyed the car so much that I am really considering buying it back.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
nice review! will be getting these or the RV6 when time comes. Looks like you're barely out of spec on the caster, which isn't a big deal and sounds like you like the results. I have a R and spec is 8 deg +/- .5 deg, a full 2 deg on the caster! Wondering if i'll be at 9 deg after. I'm also in socal. Maybe i'll see you around at the local tracks =)

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
Nice review, I’m planning on installing mine during the clutch swap. Couldn’t pass up the Black Friday sale.

OP
OP
JO3L

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Nice review, I’m planning on installing mine during the clutch swap. Couldn’t pass up the Black Friday sale.
It’s really straightforward install once you get the OEM bushing off. Just be sure to use plenty of grease everywhere on the poly bushing so you don’t get any squeaks. Please share your experience and also your alignment specs with us when you can.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Another noticeable difference is the improved brake pedal feedback.
Thanks for the very detailed review. Do you notice a firmer brake pedal? Or just that the brakes are doing a better job due to less slop?

OP
OP
JO3L

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Thanks for the very detailed review. Do you notice a firmer brake pedal? Or just that the brakes are doing a better job due to less slop?
Mostly the brakes doing a better job because of less slop. I noticed the same thing after installing the 27WON engine mount and then to another degree again with these control arm bushings. I think the only way to change the actual pedal feel is to upgrade the brake lines to stainless ones, change to a better fluid or wait to get the new 27WON strut brace with the integrated master cylinder brake stopper.

PiYauD

First Name
Saha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si LSM
Country flag
I just had these installed and was wondering how you got your caster set on the driver side, I'm currently at 6.9/6.0
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline KCA467 Anti-Lift Kit (ALK) Review IMG_9148

OP
OP
JO3L

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Caster isn’t adjustable on these cars but I wouldn’t worry about it too much as long as nothing is bent in the suspension. Most left hand drive cars have more caster on the driver side so the car naturally pulls to the right. Other than that your alignment looks pretty identical to what I have now.

Any perceivable difference between sport mode steering and normal steering?

OP
OP
JO3L

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
With the AC and radio off I can now hear some squeaks at very low speeds when going over bumps. Otherwise I don’t hear anything.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. Is the ride any harsher either?
Sponsored