whiteline insert or perrin insert for Si RMM

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
which insert is better for performance without scarifying comfort or NVH levels in the cabin?

I checked few reviews but it's kind of mixed. can somebody chime in about them
Sponsored

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
I know this is not a direct answer to your question but here is my post/2 cents from another thread. honestly from a pure price stand point with their current coupon, I would go with Whiteline, I doubt the materials used can be that much different in stiffness, could be very wrong though:

Installed the Perrin rear motor mount inserts. Bought from Amazon for about $40, MAPerformace was a few cents cheaper and direct from Perrin was more expensive. Figured since I already have an Amazon account might as well go with them and it still came in 2 days even with the pandemic. The Whiteline equivalent can be had cheaply right now ($20 shipped), but I read here, never confirmed though, that the Perrin was a little less harsh (material hardness) so I decided to get it, also their 20% off coupon wasn't active at that time, had it been, I would have been all over it instead. I also like the symmetry of the Perrin as opposed to the Whiteline.

My brother has the Hasport 62A mount in his car, it's not terrible, but it's more than I would like to deal with on the daily. These inserts by comparison are very mild, I can tell it's doing it's job and there is minimal NVH introduced. As other's have stated, it's most noticeable at idle with the A/C on, with it off it's barely noticeable. Anything over 1500 RPM seems to make it all unnoticeable (A/C on or off), at least for me. Only driven it about 5 miles so far, so it may settle in more and be almost completely unnoticeable. I'm happy with it, tried to get it cheaper but couldn't find any better deal.

Honda Civic 10th gen whiteline insert or perrin insert for Si RMM hiDjhPr

Honda Civic 10th gen whiteline insert or perrin insert for Si RMM XNEA740

Honda Civic 10th gen whiteline insert or perrin insert for Si RMM aPkczp0

Last edited:
OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I ordered whiteline insert because of their sale coupon and cancelled it the moment I read that whiteline insert is 91A durometer rating which can be harsher compared to perrin. Now I am thinking of sticking with stock for sometime or upgrade to Type R RMM.

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah perrin is 2halves which needs to be inserted on both sides of RMM whereas whiteline is only one side. comparatively I feel whiteline should transmit less vibrations in cabin

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Have a CTR rmm right now which was already a huge improvement over the Si mount. But I feel theres still room for more improvement before it becomes a nuisance NVH wise. So I’m giving the whiteline insert a shot since its on sale and its only one insert vs two.

du ma may

First Name
anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
racezzz
Country flag
27won rrm put 3k miles and is smooth.

all the inserts stuff is bs.

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
27won rrm put 3k miles and is smooth.

all the inserts stuff is bs.
27won is for track I need something which is balanced for performance and daily driving. whiteline is better I guess

du ma may

First Name
anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
racezzz
Country flag
27won is for track I need something which is balanced for performance and daily driving. whiteline is better I guess
I dd mine and have no problem. u have to break it in and yes the begging is violent

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
any know if this product is compatible for the cvt transmission? if not anyone know any replacement for the CVT version?

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
any know if this product is compatible for the cvt transmission? if not anyone know any replacement for the CVT version?
Not sure but CVT uses a plastic RMM. better to upgrade to Si RMM first

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I ordered whiteline insert because of their sale coupon and cancelled it the moment I read that whiteline insert is 91A durometer rating which can be harsher compared to perrin. Now I am thinking of sticking with stock for sometime or upgrade to Type R RMM.
I went with the type r mm with Perrin inserts. Great set up. Very very very little nvh on take off and that’s only if I’m lazy and not giving enough revs. It’s not like having the other mounts on the market that are machined pieces. My current setup keeps the motor in place pretty well for my power output. If you have a 400+ car, than the inserts may be overwhelmed at that point. With that said, with your si mount and Perrin inserts, you’ll be more solid than the type r mount alone.

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
Not sure but CVT uses a plastic RMM. better to upgrade to Si RMM first

Why is everything plastic!!! I just swapped my plastic endlinks for accord cast ones when I upgraded to the eibach rear sway bar.

Now I'm debating just swapping for the SI rmm or the SI rmm + perrin insert or hasport 62a

lowlife.drew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just installed the WhiteLine insert on my Si.

Wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing harsh start-ups after installation?

I installed it twice to double check everything was good. Drives pretty sturdy with no real extra vibrations or odd noises

FRDA250.FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed the WhiteLine insert on my Si.

Wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing harsh start-ups after installation?

I installed it twice to double check everything was good. Drives pretty sturdy with no real extra vibrations or odd noises
Did you ever figure this out?

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
I finally got around to installing the Whiteline insert with my CTR rmm a few weeks back and I loved the performance improvement in shifting. Felt nice and tight and no delays necessary when doing the 1-2 or 2-3 shift for a smooth experience. But the crazy vibrations with the A/C on during a hotter day was just too much. Took it out and switched over to a Hardrace which has no NVH but isn’t quite the improvement of the insert. I’m interested to see how the upcoming PRL mount works out.
Sponsored