Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
For me the CTR RMM with Perrin inserts the NVH was unbearable. Switched to a Hasport 62A which was quieter but just wasn't up to the job. Switched to 27Won 70A NVH is definitely worse than the the Hasport but not as buzzy as the CTR setup. What I didn't expect like pinhead66 was the improvement in shifting which was a bonus and compliments my Acuity shifter.
Sponsored

FRDA250.FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have just installed the inserts and when I start the car now it seems the initial start is abrupt and harsh but then idle seems fine

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
I have just installed the inserts and when I start the car now it seems the initial start is abrupt and harsh but then idle seems fine
With the inserts idle with A/C off is fine. Like you said the startup is much more abrupt but no big deal. i actually kind of enjoyed it. Youā€™ll get much more vibration in reverse and on launch if your rpms arenā€™t high enough. I could live with all of that tradeoff for the performance benefits but the crazy vibration with the A/C on was a deal killer and non-starter.

FRDA250.FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay so the start up is normal then, that was my concern. Iā€™ll have to see how it is with ac on my commute.

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
a little vibrations for a second on start up is normal. used to have this problem with perrin insert vibrates like crazy when idling when a/c is on. switched to flex fuel tune and now no vibrations even with ac on. its probably because idle rpm is a little higher.

lowlife.drew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did you ever figure this out?
No, not really. Over time it went away for the most part. It just got less aggressive. I believe itā€™s just the stiffness of the insert.
Iā€™m on the 27Won street RMM and the whole start up, drive, A/C NVH, makes the insert seem like nothing šŸ˜‚ I love it. Same scenario though, Iā€™ve had it on for about 2k miles and itā€™s slowly breaking in and NVH is calming down

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
switched to flex fuel tune and now no vibrations even with ac on. its probably because idle rpm is a little higher.
Exactly the reason. When i was at stop lights i would press on the accelerator slightly and the vibrations stopped.
Sponsored