Macross

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan frontier, civic si
Country flag
Hey everyone I was hoping some may have some experience with these. They say they have 25mm of adjustment but don't state the overall shortest and longest lengths. I recently installed spoon lowering springs and ball joints on my 19 type r. I am getting a faint knock on the passenger side that is very intermittent. It could be both sides it seems like it may have happened on the driver side too. It seems to happen on light bumps that are one sided or just one wheel is going over.

I've made sure everything is tight. I've searched and people seem to say the sway bar or the end links could be causing the problem. I figured getting the adjustable ones and shortening them a bit could solve the issue.

Any advice or input is really appreciated.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
From previous experience with endlinks and swaybars - (not on this platform, but on previous cars) did you install and tighten things with the suspension loaded or unloaded? You'll have best results with the suspension loaded when you do.

OP
OP

Macross

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I tightened things unloaded but due to the design of the front suspension it shouldn't have mattered because its all either bolts that only have one position, or ball joint type connections. I could see if it was the lower control arm or a multi link setup where bushing would be preloaded due to tightening unloaded for sure.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Good deal - when I did mine on a previous car I had a bad clunk / pop until I re-did things with the suspension loaded (I just used some cradle ramps)

Hope you resolve!

OP
OP

Macross

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok I found that the lengths are 330 to 355mm, does anyone know the length of the oem endlinks?
Sponsored