Whiteline Anti Lift Kit

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Any tips on installation? I'd like to get this kit but I'd be doing the installation alone.
So funny thing, ordered the kit with full intention of install it myself. From what i have seen from other people who have installed this kit, it is not that bad of an install, just would be helpful to have a press to remove the factory compliance bushings and installing the new ones. feel like you could probably make it work with a vice or something to hold the LCA and a rubber mallet, at least that was my plan.... But... I started to hear a high pitched whine coming from the transmission in 2nd gear, and ultimately had my transmission replaced under warranty, and because you have to drop the subframe to remove the transmission, it made sense to just have honda install the anti lift kit.

Sorry for the long non-helpful answer.
Sponsored

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just installed these and they are a nice addition to the car. I haven't had the chance to really "test" them yet, but to this point, like @.grimace stated, I would not expect a massive difference, and if wheel hop is what you are worried about, upgrading the rear transmission torque mount is your best bet.

That being said, maybe you would feel more of a difference if you are still on the stock transmission mount. Either way, I would def do them again, car does feel really solid on turn in and from what i can tell there is no added NVH, but again I have a Hasport torque mount, and that already added NVH.

Not the right thread, but I also installed the spoon rigid collars and in my eyes they are an absolute must. It is amazing how much less the imperfections in the road transmit to the body of the car. You just feel the suspension absorbing everything, like it should. It also helped me get my alignment perfect. Prior to the rigid collars, the I was at 2.7 degrees of negative camber on the driver side front, and 1.7 degrees of negative camber on the passenger side. Now both sides are exactly 1.7. I would recommend them to everyone and I will be installing them on my S2000 for sure.
I appreciate this feedback as I am waiting for both my anti lift kit and my spoon sport rigid collars to arrive. I also ordered two Cusco subframe braces. Hoping all of this adds to a much sharper feeling suspension.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
I appreciate this feedback as I am waiting for both my anti lift kit and my spoon sport rigid collars to arrive. I also ordered two Cusco subframe braces. Hoping all of this adds to a much sharper feeling suspension.
No problem. I too added 2 Cusco subframe braces. I was going to do all 3, but decided to go with the front and rear braces from cusco, and that I didn't like having money, and bought the spoon stiff plate instead.

Still haven't had the chance to really push the car to comment on the braces yet.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
No problem. I too added 2 Cusco subframe braces. I was going to do all 3, but decided to go with the front and rear braces from cusco, and that I didn't like having money, and bought the spoon stiff plate instead.

Still haven't had the chance to really push the car to comment on the braces yet.
that is exactly my plan.

TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R #00561, 2012 Civic Si, 2000 Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Any tips on installation? I'd like to get this kit but I'd be doing the installation alone.
I made this guide for RV6 for their solid compliance mount kit. The process would be the same (except the Whiteline kit does not include the solid spherical bearing for the front of the arm.) I did the install in my garage on jack stands. Not exactly the easiest to work under the car but it is very do-able.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...l-bushing-install-guide-for-fk8-type-r.43137/

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Just had the ALK installed at my dealer, along with Whiteline's Swaybar Endlinks, Hard Race's Lower Ball Joints, and a full set of rigid collars. The overall difference is very subtle, but impressive. Ever since I'd flashed a Hondata basemap, I'd noticed that on WOT pulls, my car would pull hard to the right. With these suspension upgrades, that now appears to be gone. The is zero increase in NVH - if anything, the rigid collars have made the ride much smoother over bumps and breaks in the road. And for the record, I am still on the stock rear motor mount.

Don't expect an earth shattering change, but the net effect of these upgrades is entirely positive.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
How much they charge for installation?

Just had the ALK installed at my dealer, along with Whiteline's Swaybar Endlinks, Hard Race's Lower Ball Joints, and a full set of rigid collars. The overall difference is very subtle, but impressive. Ever since I'd flashed a Hondata basemap, I'd noticed that on WOT pulls, my car would pull hard to the right. With these suspension upgrades, that now appears to be gone. The is zero increase in NVH - if anything, the rigid collars have made the ride much smoother over bumps and breaks in the road. And for the record, I am still on the stock rear motor mount.

Don't expect an earth shattering change, but the net effect of these upgrades is entirely positive.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Any more updates on anyone who recently did the install or even a long term review update?

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Several weeks so far and things are going great. I wanted to do the Spoon Stiff plate, RV6 rear sway bar, and Js Racing Rear Strut bar next.

Dennietho

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl FK8
Country flag
How is the NVM of the W.A.L.K? I have the Hasport RMM 62A and even though I added plenty of silicone grease per another thread's suggestion, I still get a noticeable increase in NVM. I also have a bit of wheel hop still with the RMM, but I'm custom tuned and FBO. I'm wondering if the W.A.L.K. will increase NVM or if it removes all the wheel hop so I can remove the RMM instead.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
How is the NVM of the W.A.L.K? I have the Hasport RMM 62A and even though I added plenty of silicone grease per another thread's suggestion, I still get a noticeable increase in NVM. I also have a bit of wheel hop still with the RMM, but I'm custom tuned and FBO. I'm wondering if the W.A.L.K. will increase NVM or if it removes all the wheel hop so I can remove the RMM instead.
The ALK added no NVH that I could detect at all. I'm on stock motor mount. I don't launch the car ever, but I haven't had an issue stepping down in any gear. YMMV

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Perrin insert is very minimal with copious lube on it, as I have experienced personally. Wheel hop is eliminated with just the 30 dollar insert so I'm happy with just that personally. Vibration is minimal / barely noticeable to me.
Sponsored