Whiteline Anti Lift Kit

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
what had to be modified with the spoon stiffening plate?
Sponsored

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
@davemarco I still haven’t installed mines yet because I’m waiting to receive the Spoon zero bump steer kit, but someone else has installed the Whiteline anti lift kit:
8C85326E-7E33-444E-BE4F-F39AEAAC0375.jpeg
wait a minute, this kit actually increases front pro lift geometry, not anti lift.
looking at the picture comparsion on top, it seems the whiteline antilift kit lowers the front lower control arm's rear mounting position, which increases pro lift geometry for the front suspension

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Any specific tools to install this?

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Man, three pages in and no one has installed these? I just ordered a set for my car.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Man, three pages in and no one has installed these? I just ordered a set for my car.
Ive had them on my car for months now actually. Nice change

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ive had them on my car for months now actually. Nice change
Any effect on wheel hop? Does it improve traction powering out of turns? Can you describe the effects? It seems pretty hard to get a straight answer on what these actually do. Some of what people have said they do does not line up with the theory of how they should work.

Thanks for any clarity you can offer.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Any effect on wheel hop? Does it improve traction powering out of turns? Can you describe the effects? It seems pretty hard to get a straight answer on what these actually do. Some of what people have said they do does not line up with the theory of how they should work.

Thanks for any clarity you can offer.
I don’t know if there is an easy quantifiable difference. The steering felt a lot better after. I only got to do one track day on them before everything shut Down but the car definitely felt good. It’s going to be very minor so unless you’re tracking the car on top level tires don’t expect to see much change probably. If you’re just trying to launch the car on the street from a stop light I’d recommend the rear transmission mount I noticed a bigger difference there.

I’d definitely do them again just don’t expect a huge difference. crisp steering and nice turn in would be my review.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Steering felt better? How so? I'd love to get rid of some of the sloppy steering would this help?

I don’t know if there is an easy quantifiable difference. The steering felt a lot better after. I only got to do one track day on them before everything shut Down but the car definitely felt good. It’s going to be very minor so unless you’re tracking the car on top level tires don’t expect to see much change probably. If you’re just trying to launch the car on the street from a stop light I’d recommend the rear transmission mount I noticed a bigger difference there.

I’d definitely do them again just don’t expect a huge difference. crisp steering and nice turn in would be my review.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I too am hoping for this. I've noticed that since I hit some debris on the highway last year, I've had more free play at dead center of the steering wheel. Every look at the car has turned up nothing, so I'm hoping that this kit stiffens everything back up.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
I just installed these and they are a nice addition to the car. I haven't had the chance to really "test" them yet, but to this point, like @.grimace stated, I would not expect a massive difference, and if wheel hop is what you are worried about, upgrading the rear transmission torque mount is your best bet.

That being said, maybe you would feel more of a difference if you are still on the stock transmission mount. Either way, I would def do them again, car does feel really solid on turn in and from what i can tell there is no added NVH, but again I have a Hasport torque mount, and that already added NVH.

Not the right thread, but I also installed the spoon rigid collars and in my eyes they are an absolute must. It is amazing how much less the imperfections in the road transmit to the body of the car. You just feel the suspension absorbing everything, like it should. It also helped me get my alignment perfect. Prior to the rigid collars, the I was at 2.7 degrees of negative camber on the driver side front, and 1.7 degrees of negative camber on the passenger side. Now both sides are exactly 1.7. I would recommend them to everyone and I will be installing them on my S2000 for sure.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Any tips on installation? I'd like to get this kit but I'd be doing the installation alone.

I just installed these and they are a nice addition to the car. I haven't had the chance to really "test" them yet, but to this point, like @.grimace stated, I would not expect a massive difference, and if wheel hop is what you are worried about, upgrading the rear transmission torque mount is your best bet.

That being said, maybe you would feel more of a difference if you are still on the stock transmission mount. Either way, I would def do them again, car does feel really solid on turn in and from what i can tell there is no added NVH, but again I have a Hasport torque mount, and that already added NVH.

Not the right thread, but I also installed the spoon rigid collars and in my eyes they are an absolute must. It is amazing how much less the imperfections in the road transmit to the body of the car. You just feel the suspension absorbing everything, like it should. It also helped me get my alignment perfect. Prior to the rigid collars, the I was at 2.7 degrees of negative camber on the driver side front, and 1.7 degrees of negative camber on the passenger side. Now both sides are exactly 1.7. I would recommend them to everyone and I will be installing them on my S2000 for sure.
Sponsored