First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
What is it: Part number BHR97XXZ

What is included in the kit: 2 point adjustable 26mm bar, adjustable rear links, bushings, nice billet saddles and the lateral locking clamps to prevent the bar from shifting side to side.

What does it fit: all 2016+ Honda Civics including Type R.

Why would you want this: If you want the stiffest solid rear bar option for the 10th Gens. If you want to eliminate any lingering understeer or even induce some oversteer to get the car to rotate. If you are worried about degrading ride quality through stiff springs but still want to reduce body roll.

(Photo taken from website)
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 26mm Solid Rear Sway Bar Kit BHR97XXZ-3

With about 3k miles daily driving, a couple autocross events, and a canyon run I feel like I have enough feedback to share with the community. Most if not all of my driving experience with my Si has been so far been on OEM springs and with the 22mm Whiteline bar installed. I got that Whiteline bar after missing out on getting the Type R bar brand new from Honda back when they were selling for stupidly cheap. I would say with the 22mm bar installed I for sure still experienced understeer on the stock tires. Less so with sticky rubber because of higher slip angle, but it was still present when over driving a corner. In most events I would also need to run about 5psi more air in the rear than the front to induce some extra rotation.

Now with the 26mm rear sway bar installed I can report that virtually all understeer is gone! If I feel the car starting push, a quick lift off the throttle pedal to unload the rear suspension gets the car to rotate before getting back on the throttle and really feel the LSD pull the car through the rest of the corner. I have experienced lift off oversteer aka snap oversteer on other front wheel drive vehicles I upgraded rear bars on and this is very different feeling. It is much more controllable and predictable which is a true testament to how stiff the 10th Gen chassis is compared to Hondas from the early 90s.

Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 26mm Solid Rear Sway Bar Kit BHR97XXZ3

While this setup might not be for everyone, it is a very good setup for guys like me who donā€™t ever plan on upgrading to stiffer aftermarket springs or coilovers. At this point your only option to control body roll is through bigger sway bars. The only bars that I found that is stiffer and as complete of a kit as this one are the Karcepts and RV6 kits. Use your best judgment if you want to install this on a vehicle with stiffer springs than stock. Just a heads up be prepared to 3 wheel on every inclined driveway because this bar is stiff. For those who may be worried, I have thoroughly inspected the rear subframe and sway bar mounting points and donā€™t see any stress on any of the welds. No noise or squeaks to report of with this kit either so far. Once the grease wears out there might be some noise, but lucky for us it takes maybe 5 mins to pull the bushings off and regrease them.

Stiffness increase % math for those who are curious over stock bar sizes.

Base= 16.5mm solid = 74,120 Stiffness factor --------------516% increase
Si= 18.0mm solid = 104,976 Stiffness factor -----------------335% increase
CTR= 20.5mm solid = 176,610 Stiffness factor -------------158% increase

WL 22mm solid = 234,256 Stiffness factor -------------------95% increase
WL 26mm solid = 456,976 Stiffness factor

Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 26mm Solid Rear Sway Bar Kit BHR97XXZ4
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 26mm Solid Rear Sway Bar Kit BHR97XXZ2

Last edited:

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
So, just the REAR in your opinion? Not the front also?
Tried looking for these direct at Whiteline, however - cannot find the Part # you provided.
I do see a KIT that has both F(27mm) & R(22mm) + Springs, but not the 26mm as you mentioned.?

Last edited:
OP
OP
JO3L

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
So, just the REAR in your opinion? Not the front also?
Tried looking for these direct at Whiteline, however - cannot find the Part # you provided.
I do see a KIT that has both F(27mm) & R(22mm) + Springs, but not the 26mm as you mentioned.?
I like the balance of the car right now with the stock Si front bar and this 26mm rear one. Putting a stiffer front bar though will start shifting the balance back towards understeer to a certain extent. I am still debating putting the front bar on, but when I do finally get to it I am going to do the Spoon Rigid Collars in the subframe at the same time.

To find the bar I just typed it in the search bar and it came right up: https://whitelineperformance.com/pr...r-26mm-heavy-duty-blade-adjustable-motorsport

OP
OP
JO3L

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
@TypeSiR why did you show this to me lol? I am a sucker for wrinkle coating and that RV6 kit is a very nice looking setup for a good price. Updated original post to reflect this finding.

Last edited:

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
God dammit @JO3L !!!!!!!! i just installed the 22mm rsb a month ago! haha if only they sold the bar on its own :/

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

What is included in the kit: 2 point adjustable 26mm bar, adjustable rear links, bushings, nice billet saddles and the lateral locking clamps to prevent the bar from shifting side to side.

Why would you want this: If you want the stiffest solid rear bar option for the 10th Gens. If you want to eliminate any lingering understeer or even induce some oversteer to get the car to rotate. If you are worried about degrading ride quality through stiff springs but still want to reduce body roll.

BHR97XXZ-3.jpg

With about 3k miles daily driving, a couple autocross events, and a canyon run I feel like I have enough feedback to share with the community. Most if not all of my driving experience with my Si has been so far been on OEM springs and with the 22mm Whiteline bar installed. I got that Whiteline bar after missing out on getting the Type R bar brand new from Honda back when they were selling for stupidly cheap. I would say with the 22mm bar installed I for sure still experienced understeer on the stock tires. Less so with sticky rubber because of higher slip angle, but it was still present when over driving a corner. In most events I would also need to run about 5psi more air in the rear than the front to induce some extra rotation.

Now with the 26mm rear sway bar installed I can report that virtually all understeer is gone! If I feel the car starting push, a quick lift off the throttle pedal to unload the rear suspension gets the car to rotate before getting back on the throttle and really feel the LSD pull the car through the rest of the corner. I have experienced lift off oversteer aka snap oversteer on other front wheel drive vehicles I upgraded rear bars on and this is very different feeling. It is much more controllable and predictable which is a true testament to how stiff the 10th Gen chassis is compared to Hondas from the early 90s.

BHR97XXZ3.jpg

While this setup might not be for everyone, it is a very good setup for guys like me who donā€™t ever plan on upgrading to stiffer aftermarket springs or coilovers. At this point your only option to control body roll is through bigger sway bars. The only bars that I found that is stiffer and as complete of a kit as this one are the Karcepts and RV6 kits. Use your best judgment if you want to install this on a vehicle with stiffer springs than stock. Just a heads up be prepared to 3 wheel on every inclined driveway because this bar is stiff. For those who may be worried, I have thoroughly inspected the rear subframe and sway bar mounting points and donā€™t see any stress on any of the welds. No noise or squeaks to report of with this kit either so far. Once the grease wears out there might be some noise, but lucky for us it takes maybe 5 mins to pull the bushings off and regrease them.

BHR97XXZ4.jpg
BHR97XXZ2.jpg
Just ordered mine! Can't wait!

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I got that bar and end links. It didn't come with those copper colored parts in the picture, I think they are called "lateral locks." But I needed to get them as the bar, on its soft setting, in autocross use, would move left-right enough to make a clunking sound on turns. Have to manually center it at the end of the day. Solved by installing those things. The bar dfinitely eliminated understeer.

OP
OP
JO3L

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Damn 26mm,isn't that too much?
For an otherwise stock suspension car I don't think it is too much. For a vehicle that already has lowering springs or coilovers it may be a bit too much depending on the spring rates.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
For an otherwise stock suspension car I don't think it is too much. For a vehicle that already has lowering springs or coilovers it may be a bit too much depending on the spring rates.
I have eibach pro-kit which aren't much stiffer than stock. I will be installing the 26mm swaybar in 2 weeks I hope. Will let you know how it feels.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Finally installed my 26mm sway bar. What a difference this thing made. The turn in is on point now. The car feels much more predictable on turns now and instant turn in. Already had the eibach springs, but this made more of a difference than the springs. Worth every penny.

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Finally installed my 26mm sway bar. What a difference this thing made. The turn in is on point now. The car feels much more predictable on turns now and instant turn in. Already had the eibach springs, but this made more of a difference than the springs. Worth every penny.
Being ā€˜poisonedā€™ now thinking of getting the sway bar?. I have pro kit as well. As I am living in a city (corners everywhere), I believe the sway bar will worth every penny.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Being ā€˜poisonedā€™ now thinking of getting the sway bar?. I have pro kit as well. As I am living in a city (corners everywhere), I believe the sway bar will worth every penny.
The car handles much better now. Even noticable at low speed on curvy roads. It's great.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

BHR97XXZ-3.jpg

BHR97XXZ3.jpg

BHR97XXZ4.jpg
BHR97XXZ2.jpg
Thanks buddy for the help with the swaybar recommendations! It's a great product! Made a world of difference.