Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar + 2018 accord rear end links.

RookieOfTheGear

First Name
Ay Ay Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Honda Civic Si (Coupe)
Country flag
I was picking up some exotic party items from my local drug dealer who just so happens to have a 2019 4dr si and is always getting new mods. I own a 2018 2dr si so we always talk about hoes and bitches and what’s new with each others cars, this particular time he said he just installed the white line rear bar and Honda accord end links 2weeks prior and said it was one of the cheapest and most beneficial handling upgrades he had done. He took me on a ride around the block hitting the turns hard and fast . I knew right away that I had to get my Oxycontin & ecstasy pills and go straight home to search for the price and place my order for the same whiteline and end link setup. The white line was $146 on Amazon and the end links were $70 for the pair at the dealership. The rear bar came with the two new bushing and obviously the rear bar it’s self and the end links just came with the end link only no hardware no nuts or washers but u can reuse the bolts and nuts from the oem end links everything fits perfectly. Removal is easy unscrew the bolts going through the lower control arm n the to bolts holding the bracket to the cars body. wiggle the oem bar out its a tight squeeze but you can get it off with out disassembling anything thing else on the car . U have to reuse the old hardware so make sure to get the two nuts attached to the old end links, the white bushing fit in the old brackets with out stretching the steel or anything i was worried that they would be too big since it a 22mm and I think the oem bar is 18mm but they fit spot on. The white line bar was tricky to slip back in i had to just send the bar in alone with no end links or brackets attached to it for clearance and even then it was hitting everything thing and getting stuck but I got it in there. Once it was in and all the hardware was attached again I went to Azusa canyon for a test drive. The car felt great i had to get use to how fast n quick the car cut in a turn ,the car felt planted and stable like never before it reacted totally differentin a good way though. I had to adjust my driving style honestly like when I started to turn in to the corners at first I was used to the sloppy oem bar which I always had to turn early to end up in the right place for the exits of the turns but now if I do a early turn I’ll slam into the mountain wall or straight off the cliff. She cuts corners like a laser beam now n i love it I can really treat her rough and she likes now . I highly recommend to you guys 22mm rear sway stiff setting with the accord end links even if it is not white pick one up 22mm steel is 22mm steel no matter the brand you will be happy with the result

Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar + 2018 accord rear end links. IMG_6422

Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar + 2018 accord rear end links. IMG_6420

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm still waiting on my accord end links have the bar already but can't install till get end links. Other than shit pills, cool story. You know Mexicans are making fake pills cut with fentanyl now right? GL

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si coupe, 2021 SGP Type R
stiff setting with the accord end links
I believe this is the only setting possible with the accord end links. We first installed with the softer setting, but the endlink bushings were so tensioned we decided to go for the stiff one.

Are you planning to install the lateral lock?

OP
OP
RookieOfTheGear

RookieOfTheGear

First Name
Ay Ay Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I believe this is the only setting possible with the accord end links. We first installed with the softer setting, but the endlink bushings were so tensioned we decided to go for the stiff one.

Are you planning to install the lateral lock?
I’m probably going to have to pick some locks up tbh for the front bar and rear bar . My front end is making a clunk noise barely noticed it yesterday , I suspect it’s the front bar hitting the lower arm might be sliding outwards and not centered. The noise started after I installed the rear bar so I think the front is receiving extra stress load now somehow . Any recommendations for the locks?

OP
OP
RookieOfTheGear

RookieOfTheGear

First Name
Ay Ay Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm still waiting on my accord end links have the bar already but can't install till get end links. Other than shit pills, cool story. You know Mexicans are making fake pills cut with fentanyl now right? GL
The bars great man you’re going to love the results.
You are going to love it the bar is great man. Yeah I know those Mexicans are lacing everything with fentanyl but i have taken matters into my own hands growing my own opium should be ready late August .let the good times keep rolling
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar + 2018 accord rear end links. IMG_6437

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m probably going to have to pick some locks up tbh for the front bar and rear bar . My front end is making a clunk noise barely noticed it yesterday , I suspect it’s the front bar hitting the lower arm might be sliding outwards and not centered. The noise started after I installed the rear bar so I think the front is receiving extra stress load now somehow . Any recommendations for the locks?
Yeah, I'll probably get a set from whiteline too. I haven't heard anything yet, but we track the car and I'm worried doing multiple laps mostly to the same side might move things around.

OP
OP
RookieOfTheGear

RookieOfTheGear

First Name
Ay Ay Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, I'll probably get a set from whiteline too. I haven't heard anything yet, but we track the car and I'm worried doing multiple laps mostly to the same side might move things around.
They are definitely sliding side to side you can totally see the grease line when it moved over on both ends. Probably a little over an inch of play. Gonna have to place another whiteline order today for the clamps
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar + 2018 accord rear end links. IMG_6439
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar + 2018 accord rear end links. IMG_6440

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't expect that much of play. Thanks for the pics. I'll get a set right away too.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I have to order clamps? Don't track car only go high speeds on backroads country highways around turns.

OP
OP
RookieOfTheGear

RookieOfTheGear

First Name
Ay Ay Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I have to order clamps? Don't track car only go high speeds on backroads country highways around turns.
I got a pair of white line locks after I saw how much play the bar had . Just a heads up the white line locks are $36.25 on their website plus tax and $15 shipping it was like $52 and some change . I already played myself but it’s not to late for u to save some money, of course I didn’t see these other 22mm locks till after I already bought mine and they are only $5 an u get 4 of them so you will have 2 back ups incase one snaps or gets loose and falls off . Also one of the headaches of installing the locks is getting the sway bar centered and having even lengths on the outside of the brackets left side and right. After measuring and moving the bar back and forth I found 1.5 inches is as close to a 50/50 even split as I could get on both ends on the outside of the bracket.
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar + 2018 accord rear end links. IMG_6506
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar + 2018 accord rear end links. IMG_6505
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar + 2018 accord rear end links. IMG_6501

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I love the Whiteline/accord endlink upgrade but even with the lateral locks I was getting clunking.

The physics of it are just that the pressure on the endlink nut is gonna loosen it over time. I tried different things people swear by (locktite, air tools, torque wrench, ect. But they always loosened). The final solution that keeps the bar in place was to put a second nut on each endlink. Never had a clunk again.

I did a sway bar upgrade on my Elantra GT but couldn’t get the second nut on and didn’t wanna waste more money on aftermarket endlinks so I just went back to stock. I loved it for the week it was on but that clunking is too annoying

OP
OP
RookieOfTheGear

RookieOfTheGear

First Name
Ay Ay Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I love the Whiteline/accord endlink upgrade but even with the lateral locks I was getting clunking.

The physics of it are just that the pressure on the endlink nut is gonna loosen it over time. I tried different things people swear by (locktite, air tools, torque wrench, ect. But they always loosened). The final solution that keeps the bar in place was to put a second nut on each endlink. Never had a clunk again.

I did a sway bar upgrade on my Elantra GT but couldn’t get the second nut on and didn’t wanna waste more money on aftermarket endlinks so I just went back to stock. I loved it for the week it was on but that clunking is too annoying
my driver side is making a clunk after I put the locks on. I have not looked at it yet i was waiting till the weekend to jack the car again (i was just under the car on Thursday) I figured it was the lock hitting the frame somehow but I positioned it with clearance all around when installing it. That second nut is a great idea I would have never thought of that, I’m pretty sure I have enough thread left to squeeze another nut behind the original one. I’ll have to hit the dealer up for a correct nut with the proper thread size.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah thanks for advice just got my end links in but probably won't install for another week or so. Still waiting on prl rear motor mount to ship and kind of wanted to put both on at same time.

I think I'll try that second nut trick because clunking sounds would bother me.

OP
OP
RookieOfTheGear

RookieOfTheGear

First Name
Ay Ay Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar + 2018 accord rear end links. IMG_6515
Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar + 2018 accord rear end links. IMG_6520

the driver side endlink had indeed come loose ! that’s what was causing the clunking but worse of all it scratched off some of the sway bars powder coating . now I have to paint it to prevent any rust from eating away at the bar over time. I retighten everything back up and I double nutted it down both sides, it shouldn’t go anywhere now I have full confidence in it staying solid. Thanks every one for the input and helpful tips yall really helped me with getting it right good team effort

Honda Civic 10th gen Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar + 2018 accord rear end links. IMG_6517