White Orchid Pearl or Aegean Blue?

Assolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Civic DX Sedan
Country flag
I've been having this debate for awhile now. I thought I was sold on ABM, then went to WOP... and now looking at pictures... I think I'm back to ABM hahaha
Sponsored

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I almost got Aegean Blue and was even set on getting that colour for awhile, they even had a Touring available at the dealership where i got mine but ended up going with black. I won't lie, I kind of regret not going with blue as I'm seeing more and more CivicX's on the road and they're all either black or white. Go with blue.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I think we've all had this debate in one form or another.

For me it was deciding between Aegean blue and modern steel. I went in fully expecting to buy the blue.

However, In addition to a full time job, I'm also a freelance web designer so I often have to go meet clients at their offices and these lots are usually full of higher end vehicles. My wife (damn her) had to go and make a very good point. She said "the blue is hot and sexy, but the steel is more sophisticated and professional."

I just thought "damn, why do you have to make sense?" And so I got the Modern Steel and I love it but whenever I see a blue one I think, damn that looks good!

If only we had that cosmic blue metallic option in Canada there would've been no debate, that would've been my color hands down!

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
I think we've all had this debate in one form or another.

For me it was deciding between Aegean blue and modern steel. I went in fully expecting to buy the blue.

However, In addition to a full time job, I'm also a freelance web designer so I often have to go meet clients at their offices and these lots are usually full of higher end vehicles. My wife (damn her) had to go and make a very good point. She said "the blue is hot and sexy, but the steel is more sophisticated and professional."

I just thought "damn, why do you have to make sense?" And so I got the Modern Steel and I love it but whenever I see a blue one I think, damn that looks good!

If only we had that cosmic blue metallic option in Canada there would've been no debate, that would've been my color hands down!
I was just going to say you could have gotten Cosmic Blue where it's kind of the best of both. Too bad that's US only.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I was just going to say you could have gotten Cosmic Blue where it's kind of the best of both. Too bad that's US only.
Yup... Sucks for us Canadians... You guys get more color options (cosmic blue and rally red) we get turbo stickers... Yippee!

goosala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
I am down to the same two color choices: white or Aegean blue. Oh what to do?

OP
OP
logan

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
I've been having this debate for awhile now. I thought I was sold on ABM, then went to WOP... and now looking at pictures... I think I'm back to ABM hahaha
Hahaha. Same here bro. I am about to buy the car this weekend and then I told my dad as he is helping me buy the car and he was like, "get white." Now idk, cause the dealership doesn't have the white one in ex-t. I have to try and get a price match else where for white. Then on Saturday, I'll make the final decision.

I was in the same boat and going with white. What i am about to say is not disrespectful in anyway just my opinion. I find the blue to be more on the Youth side and white to be more on the older side. Remides me of when I first saw the 99 si. Im 40 years old so when the EBP si came out I wanted it so bad. Now as i am getting older I want to be less in your face and more mature. Like I said this is my opinion..

I am in love with akirazstylin car and told him many of times. Its up with the DaPPs car as my favorites on the site. Just not my cup of tea. Pearl white is sexy, with the black leather just puts the car in a whOle Nother class. So happy Honda did black leather. Im not going to lie to you if the Honda accord sport came loaded like the EXT model I would be driving one right now. The sport in WOP looks. Beautiful.
Your wise knowledge is much appreciated and I get what you mean about the blue being youth and white being more of a mature color.

OP
OP
logan

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
From everyone's responses, I still don't feel like I got the answer. A lot of you guys suggested blue as you guys also wanted it, but some of you didn't go threw with it because of some pretty good reasons. If there is one thing that these replies have helped me with though is definitely understanding what it actually means to choose between these colors. It's like act on emotion or act on reason.

I feel like:

ABM=attractive and Sexy while WOP= Simple but Beautiful

I have a big decision to make this weekend. This is gonna be my first car and will hopefully be the one I drive for the next 10 golden years.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
This is just my opinion only so don't hate, but I'll just throw this out there. You seem young and you're a mechanical engineer so you're kind of in the tech industry. If you're anything like me, I'm 33 and I've been in the tech industry since before college, you're gonna be happier with the blue. Why? It's brighter and more out there, makes you standout, and looks more fun. I think you're going to find the white a bit boring as you look at it over the years. For me, personally, there are way too many white cars, or some sort of white, on the road that even though WOP is a great color and a unique white, it's still white. With ABM or my CBM, these are unique colors that you don't see a lot of and will likely not see a lot of.

In the end though, go with what makes you happiest and what your gut tells you. We can all give our opinions and thoughts, but at the end of the day this is YOUR car and what you have to be happy with for the next few years. Good luck.

EDIT: I'll also just leave this picture of my CBM for you. :D

Honda Civic 10th gen White Orchid Pearl or Aegean Blue? {filename}

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
From everyone's responses, I still don't feel like I got the answer. A lot of you guys suggested blue as you guys also wanted it, but some of you didn't go threw with it because of some pretty good reasons. If there is one thing that these replies have helped me with though is definitely understanding what it actually means to choose between these colors. It's like act on emotion or act on reason.

I feel like:

ABM=attractive and Sexy while WOP= Simple but Beautiful

I have a big decision to make this weekend. This is gonna be my first car and will hopefully be the one I drive for the next 10 golden years.
Have you seen these colors in person yet? It may make your decision a bit easier.

I agree with TChewy's assessment/opinion. I had many other reasons for going with ABM, but being a fun, stand out car was probably my primary reason. I'm also a young professional, and I feel it portrays that.

I honestly think you are probably overthinking this though :p

ipinsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
As a daily driver I chose White better with dirt. If you have all the time in the world to be washing your car then blue is better. I wash my car like once every 2 months.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Aegean Blue :)

Honda Civic 10th gen White Orchid Pearl or Aegean Blue? 20160529_204722
Sponsored