First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on the BB. I too was in a similar predicament in 2019 with my SGP vs CW. I was pretty much set on the CW for a couple months but once I saw both next to each other the CW just didn't do it for me and I have owned several white cars and trucks. To this day I'm still happy with my choice due to it looking so unique. Of course CW would have been nice just because so many different color wheels can go with it. Either way though, BB will also pop at car meets especially when surrounded by all the CW's. Have fun man. BTW as far as PPF goes another option would be able to make your own pieces. I spent about $200 in materials and have kept all my templates so if something happens to any part of my ppf I can replace them for cheap. Already has saved me from rocks and debris and most of my front end is covered. I even did parts of my side skirts.
Sponsored

ians

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8, 2004 TSX, 2011 A4 Avant, 2013 S5, 2019 718 GTS
Country flag
Congrat on BB too. This color is stunning! Just draw too much attention that not I want. Here is the pic when I picked up mine last year and went to get photo shot with my salesman who having a CW.
Honda Civic 10th gen White or boost blue type r 20200608_203117

For me even I don't like the extra attention for the BB, if I pick again, I still go for BB because it is to replace my old blue beauty(only beauty to look but sucks to drive)
Honda Civic 10th gen White or boost blue type r IMG_20200619_154910_378

Last edited:

ians

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Very nice. Highly recommend some PPF on the front and ceramic coat if you are able to swing it, to keep it nice :)
I have full front PPF and ceramic coat my FK8. I have 2 regret now!
1, should flat bed the car to the installer from delivery instead of went for a drive with the salesman during the delivery. I got 3 stone chips on bumper during that half hour drive! Honda paint strength is still in the weak side
2, should do a full PPF instead of cheap out and only the front. I got stone chip on the C-pillar and also my door paint got damaged after some random teens through eggs to my car

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Congrats for getting what you want at the end of the day that is what helps enjoy life right?

PlayboyX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BB Civic Type R , 2012 Civic Si
Country flag
1, should flat bed the car to the installer from delivery instead of went for a drive with the salesman during the delivery. I got 3 stone chips on bumper during that half hour drive! Honda paint strength is still in the weak side
2, should do a full PPF instead of cheap out and only the front. I got stone chip on the C-pillar and also my door paint got damaged after some random teens through eggs to my car
I am from Toronto and going to hop on the 401 highway everyday, this makes me sooo paranoid.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I am from Toronto and going to hop on the 401 highway everyday, this makes me sooo paranoid.
#2 can normally be helped out by getting rock guards or mud flaps. Also a non-sticky tire can also help in that regard. Got nothing for #1 unfortunately, but if you get a rock chip before you protect, you'll obviously need to fix that before hand or live with them (once the film is on you really can't fix the paint :p).

ians

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got 3 stone chip on the first day after driving up & down on DVP:banghead::banghead:

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
it's a car bud, things will hit it lol.

If you can't see from 5' away - it doesn't matter - live by that mantra and your life will be a lot easier when it comes to cars lol.

Done the garage queen thing, it's impossible to maintain and keep it pristine something minor will invariably happen.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

If you can't see from 5' away - it doesn't matter - live by that mantra and your life will be a lot easier when it comes to cars lol.

Done the garage queen thing, it's impossible to maintain and keep it pristine something minor will invariably happen.
totally agree. if your constantly worrying about minor chips, you wont enjoy the car to its fullest.

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
Every Type R owner in person I've talked to says they regret not getting a front PPF, Honda paint is weak, and front PPF with A-Pillars cost me like $1500. They even threw in a paint correction for $100 more, which I happily did since my dealer washed the car before I got there.

It's a small price to pay to keep the front end of the car pristine. I do kinda treat it like a garage queen tho ngl, so I'm a little excessive. Do your own thing, I just love the blue so much.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag

Yep I agree. It’s a car and I’m going to use it and it’ll get dented here and there. Today I didnt know there was a cement parking barrier until I heard the front spoiler scraping it. It was actually taller than the bottom edge of the spoiler. Maybe bent it? Oh well. It’s christened now! Hahha!

Bobbyt: Just drive it and enjoy it! Congrats, looks stunning! Color pops!!!

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I have CW but I really like the BB. To me the blue and red go perfectly together!

Honda Civic 10th gen White or boost blue type r 1616187005703

Canuck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Boost Blue 100%
Waited almost a year, just got it ceramic coated including paint correction. Looks amazing and easy to clean. Going in this week to learn washing method after coating has cured. Just in case I got BB touch up paint for future use. Tracking the car will definitely cause the odd chip or two. You’ll drive yourself nuts if you’re constantly worried about it.