Whistling noise from turbo engine at low speeds

extowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXT
Country flag
Hi, I'm getting a faint whistling noise from the turbo engine when I'm accelerating or decelerating at low speeds. Is this normal for the turbo engine? Can anyone please help me out, this is bugging the hell out of me. Thanks!
Sponsored

haztorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MSM EX-T
Welcome to the world of turbocharged engines!

Here's an unmuffled turbo Honda that helps show those unfamiliar with turbos, how much noise that little wheel is really making. Generally car enthusiasts like the sound, but I can understand it being annoying, especially if you think it's something wrong with the car (starts at 2 min mark):

OP
OP

extowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXT
Country flag
Welcome to the world of turbocharged engines!

Here's an unmuffled turbo Honda that helps show those unfamiliar with turbos, how much noise that little wheel is really making. Generally car enthusiasts like the sound, but I can understand it being annoying, especially if you think it's something wrong with the car (starts at 2 min mark):
Thanks haztorks! so that's what it was :D learned something today.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love it. Want it louder. But I don't want to void warrenty so I just punch it when going threw a tunnel and it bounces back in the car. Puts a smile on my face.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, I'm getting a faint whistling noise from the turbo engine when I'm accelerating or decelerating at low speeds. Is this normal for the turbo engine? Can anyone please help me out, this is bugging the hell out of me. Thanks!
If it's bugging you, you shouldn't have bought the turbo model.. This is completely normal and is very quiet, not sure why it's bugging you so bad..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I get the same faint whistling noise when I'm accelerating at low speeds too. Mine kind of sounds like a drilling sound, like the drill the dentists use. Is that what you hear too?

OP
OP

extowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXT
Country flag
I get the same faint whistling noise when I'm accelerating at low speeds too. Mine kind of sounds like a drilling sound, like the drill the dentists use. Is that what you hear too?
Yup, that is exactly what I hear. I just ignore it these days and am enjoying my car!

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I can't wait for my Injen SRI to arrive from @AegeanT to make these turbo noises as loud as possible :thumbsup: