First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally found the source of the issue, and currently have a temporary solution. The direct cause of the noise i still can't say, but it absolutely had to do with the aftermarket tips I had the shop weld on when i got my muffler delete. below is an example of what these tips looked like. I had the guy stick a wire feed camera into the pipes to determine if my last post was correct, and it wasn't: there was no wire sticking out into the pipe, and no missing welds were present. i told the guy to just chop off the tips and what do you know the sound is gone. something about the specific y pipe was causing this annoying whistle - for reference to the sound, refer to the links below. not sure where to go from here, maybe i'll diy a type r exhaust tip with the three exits, but only having one be legit, not sure. I think just one single tip looks stupid, like only having one toof in your mouf. any suggestions would be appreciated.
tips:
Honda Civic 10th gen Whistle/whine under WOT? 1615510399205

watch this and at 0:43 you can hear the whistle.
here as well, @ 0:47 and 0:52 are when it's most audible.
edit: for links
Sponsored

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
I've seen a similar case in my country with custom made tips, the problem is the pressure generated in the divider between the 2 tips and it depends on the pipe design.