First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is normal or not, maybe I just never paid attention to it, but my car is making a weird electrical sound when I step on the gas, even if I apply let's say 2% of the throttle it starts doing a whirring/electrical sound from the front of the vehicle. Does anybody knows what that might be or if it's just a normal thing? It completely goes away if I don't step on the gas.

Thank you
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
It’s very common. I think it’s a normal sound from the turbo, but if you experience any drivability issues, you should get it checked out

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It’s very common. I think it’s a normal sound from the turbo, but if you experience any drivability issues, you should get it checked out
That's good to know. My first car with a turbo so I guess it's pretty new for me. Thanks!

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
That's good to know. My first car with a turbo so I guess it's pretty new for me. Thanks!
Ive not owned a manual or turbo car previously either. But from what i’ve heard it’s not a normal sound. Just normal to this engine and turbo. It may have something to do with the air conditioning too.

zerointerrupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
its actually the flux capacitor charging for your trip back to 1985.. once it hits 1.21 gigawatts, you'd better hold on.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Of course it's a normal sound. If it wasn't a normal sound the car wouldn't be making it.

- Every service writer

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Of course it's a normal sound. If it wasn't a normal sound the car wouldn't be making it.

- Every service writer
HAHA!!! I remembered the service writer mentioning the gas smell in oil is normal as this is fuel injected engine and not carburetor engine.
Sponsored