Which yellow LED fogs don't need yellow Laminex covers?

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I'm not interested in putting the yellow Laminex covers on my fogs at this time. So what yellow LED foglights put out the best color with the regular clear housing? I've seen some pics where the yellow light being put out is pretty dull looking, for lack of a better term. Like it almost had a faded yellow look to the light output.
Sponsored

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Laminx also helps protect the lens, especially on the halogen fogs. They’re prone to breaking from road debris/rocks.
I have Laminx on my foglights but unfortunately got one foglight cracked. They are resistant to some degree but definitely not breakproof.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Alla LEDs are best bang for buck for fog LEDs . I am using it from feb 2019 and it's not failed yet

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm also rocking the Calais ones linked above. Had one burn out within 6 months and they sent me a replacement (edit: free replacement under warranty, just had to hit 'em up on amazon) and it came in the mail within 6 days. Haven't had any problems since (initial install was jan 2018)
Honda Civic 10th gen Which yellow LED fogs don't need yellow Laminex covers? uGoKn2v

Last edited:

Garlow1979

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not interested in putting the yellow Laminex covers on my fogs at this time. So what yellow LED foglights put out the best color with the regular clear housing? I've seen some pics where the yellow light being put out is pretty dull looking, for lack of a better term. Like it almost had a faded yellow look to the light output.
Morimoto fog lights, they come in yellow led or white led with optional laninex. I got the white with optional yellow laminex just in case yellow starts to not be a good look anymore.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Morimoto fog lights, they come in yellow led or white led with optional laninex. I got the white with optional yellow laminex just in case yellow starts to not be a good look anymore.
I'm thinking of doing that (those full replacement units from The Retrofit Source), is it like a film you have to apply or how does the laminex work? also do you have pictures by chance, like both daytime with the lights off and night with the fogs on?

Garlow1979

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm thinking of doing that (those full replacement units from The Retrofit Source), is it like a film you have to apply or how does the laminex work? also do you have pictures by chance, like both daytime with the lights off and night with the fogs on?
It is a pre-cut vinyl film, its basically a circle sticker you put on the lens. I don't have any night time photos, I will have to take some.

Honda Civic 10th gen Which yellow LED fogs don't need yellow Laminex covers? DSC_0120.JPG

OP
OP
HalfBreed

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Alla LEDs are best bang for buck for fog LEDs . I am using it from feb 2019 and it's not failed yet
Just went to install the Alla fogs that I got from Amazon. They don't fit. ?

The bulb itself is too wide to slide into the fog light housing hole. I put them side-by-side with my current LED fogs and they are slightly wider in diameter, and the ones I had in there juuust barely fit in.

The weird thing is, I see a handful of 10th gen Civics in the review photos, so obviously they had no issue getting them in. And you got yours in. I dunno what's up. They look just like the picture on the Amazon product page, so I don't think I got different ones or something.

I'm at a loss as to what would be different about my fog light housing. I don't have an aftermarket bumper or foglight housings. All stock. I was down looking right into the front of the foglight housing as I'm trying to get the Alla bulb in there, and you can even see from that angle that it's just barely too wide to fit into the opening. Oh well, I'll just have to go with a different brand like linked earlier, that has the flat bulb style (which is what my current white LED fogs are).

Thankfully Amazon has always been easy to deal with for returns.

These are the ones I ordered:

Honda Civic 10th gen Which yellow LED fogs don't need yellow Laminex covers? Screenshot_20201108-140016_Amazon Shoppin