Which yellow LED fogs don't need yellow Laminex covers?

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
HalfBreed

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I use these.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CTMT2LY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Can't comment on how they look without the laminex covers, but there are pictures on Amazon with a bunch of cars.
I ordered these exact ones and they don't fit my car. The little silver ring where the hex key adjustment screw is, is too wide to allow the bulb to seat into the housing on my Civic.

I have no idea what's going on or why fogs that other 10th gens are using, won't fit my 10th gen. I'm about to give up on the idea. Lol. ?

OP
OP
HalfBreed

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Yeah, they look a bit thinner than the ones I got.
And now that I'm back looking at this thread, I realize I didn't order those other Alla brand ones. I had a bunch of different brands saved in my Amazon list and must not have been paying attention when I went to order. But I'm almost scared to try yet another set of bulbs. But hey, maybe 3rd time really is the charm. Lol.

OP
OP
HalfBreed

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I will sell mine for $10. I am selling my car so reverting everything to stock
I had already ordered another set of LED fogs, hoping that the 3rd time will be the charm. Lol.

But thank you for the offer. I appreciate it.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
HalfBreed

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Welp, I'm an idiot. ?

So I got the third set of fogs from Amazon last night and just went to install them now. The first set wouldn't even fit into the housing hole (heh) at all, the second set fit, but the base prevented it from going all the way in. This newest set...same issue. It wasn't locking in. I grab my worklight and cram it up in behind the bumper and am looking at what's going on. I then realize I don't even see the 3 tab hole thingies for the 3 tabs on the bulb to slip into and lock in. It dawns on me...I go look at the white LEDs that I have had in there for months, that I just removed. And I don't see the 3 tabs on them either. Now I'm confused. Each time I had removed the LED fogs that I had in there and using for months with no problem, and failed to get the yellow fogs in, then reinstalled the old LEDs, I had no issues putting them back in. It was always just the new ones wouldn't fit.

Weeeell, it turns out that the base of the old LEDs somehow became detached from the bulb, and were just sitting in the opening of the housing, still locked in. So it wouldn't let any other bulb to be installed, but allowed me to reinstall the old ones no problem. :doh:

I was able to get the base out of each housing, and then was able to install the new LEDs. Phew.

I'm dumb. Don't be dumb like me. ?

Old LED, and what I saw when I removed them each time to put the new ones in:

Honda Civic 10th gen Which yellow LED fogs don't need yellow Laminex covers? 20201124_105143

What had come off the above LED, was locked into the housing, and preventing any other bulb from fitting:

Honda Civic 10th gen Which yellow LED fogs don't need yellow Laminex covers? 20201124_105205

How it should have come out from the housing, but somehow got separated:

Honda Civic 10th gen Which yellow LED fogs don't need yellow Laminex covers? 20201124_105219

Final product after installing the new yellow fogs:

Honda Civic 10th gen Which yellow LED fogs don't need yellow Laminex covers? 20201124_105737

All's well that ends well, I guess. Just took me longer because I'm an idiot. Lol.

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I'm glad you got it figured out!
I changed to white LEDs a few months ago. At some point the driver side lost its seal and the fog light housing filled up with water. Not sure how long it was like that but I noticed it when I pulled up behind another car, at a stop light, and saw the light rippling every time I let off the break. The bulb was locked in as tight as it would go so I assume the aftermarket gasket was the problem. I saved all the og bulbs and was able to swap the seal with the oem. It seems to have fixed the issue.
So, how would you go about getting a tiny lake of water out of the fog light housing? It was filled 1/3 with water! Thank goodness for a shopvac, duct tape, & a bendy straw from a plastic souvenir slushy cup! I was able to get the water vac'd out with the contraption but you should have heard the whistling sound that was made when I fired up the vac! I can only imagine what the neighbors thought...lol