Which product helps for a quick spray and wipe down?

Blank_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK7
Country flag
So I recently did a full detail on my Fk7 hatch. Washed, Clay, polish, wax (dear lord that took the whole day). Unfortunately my car is always parked outside. Due to my house being old with a small garage (Cali living, go figure), so it won’t even fit my car or my wife’s 08 coupe. Our tree in the front drips sap EVERYDAY, also pollen is a constant around my area here in the LBC. Sooo... does anybody know of a good product that’ll remove them quickly with a microfiber while keeping my detailed labor intact ( polish/wax)?! I don’t want to spend no more than 5-10mins cleaning off these nuisances! Thanks and ALOHA!
Sponsored

ES EF ED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L , 2011 CTS-V
Country flag
I use Adams waterless wash along with the waterless wash microber towel. other waterless wash brands are probably fine and work the same .

OP
OP
Blank_FK7

Blank_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK7
Country flag
I use Adams waterless wash along with the waterless wash microber towel. other waterless wash brands are probably fine and work the same .
thanks I’ll look into that! This won’t remove the wax I’m assuming?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Nope. Basically you spray it on and gently wipe off with a microfiber towel. Then with a second clean microfiber towel buff it dry. I use Ultima waterless wash but as was said earlier, all brands work similarly.

OP
OP
Blank_FK7

Blank_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK7
Country flag
Yes the car is being daily driven and I went on posts here about car covers and decided not to buy one cause of the damage it does. As for the Ultima spray, it looks like that’s my best option! Thanks all, ALOHA!

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I echo the other guys suggesting Meguiars Quick detailer or the waterless wash and wax. I've actually used the WWW since it seems to leave the paint with a cleaner slicker feel. But either way for spot detailing is good. One tip I learned from a pro detailer is never wipe the paint surface without good lubrication so don't spare the quick detailer or WWW and use a clean micro cloth. Good luck and happy detailing.

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
If the car is being daily driven taking a cover on and off constantly will do more damage to the paint IMO
Was unaware about possible paint damage, but with these cars thats probably guarenteed lol. Plus it would be tedious to cover/uncover it daily

OP
OP
Blank_FK7

Blank_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK7
Country flag
I purchased the Meguiars Ultimate since of all the recommendations and me wanting it fast lol. I’ll grab the Adams down the road before I run out of this bottle though! As for the tree sap.... it’s undefeated... despite me moving my car further away from it, there’s the same tree all over my block... FML... welp... TLC to the car everyday then. I just hate how it leaves little sap marks on my windshield...

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Was unaware about possible paint damage, but with these cars thats probably guarenteed lol. Plus it would be tedious to cover/uncover it daily
Yeah, if your paint isn't spotless before putting the cover on, it's gonna grab whatever dirt is on your car and just grind it in like sandpaper as you move it around. They're really only for long term use on a super clean car

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sap is annoying now but it's going to do long term damage. I understand that it presents a hurdle for you but you really need a better solution. Maybe a professional 3 year ceramic coating or PPL?

OP
OP
Blank_FK7

Blank_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK7
Country flag
That sap is annoying now but it's going to do long term damage. I understand that it presents a hurdle for you but you really need a better solution. Maybe a professional 3 year ceramic coating or PPL?
Yea I figured as much. Also, forgive me, I’m still new to this... what’s PPL?
Sponsored