Which one to get? Mishimoto Air Intake or Injen Air Intake (Short RAM))

De When

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
I have a month old Civic Coupe with 1.5 Turbo Engine and thinking of adding more juice to it by installing Air Intake. I just need expert advice on which one to get?
Sponsored

NSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue Honda Civic
Whichever you want. I said in another thread that you will experience nominal gains but don't expect to beat a z06 off the line. FYI I bought the injen one since it was available before the mishomoto. I think at this point the only difference is do you want a different colored piping or metal? A regular heat shield or a more closed off one.

OP
OP
De When

De When

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
Whichever you want. I said in another thread that you will experience nominal gains but don't expect to beat a z06 off the line. FYI I bought the injen one since it was available before the mishomoto. I think at this point the only difference is do you want a different colored piping or metal? A regular heat shield or a more closed off one.
I like the Injen metal pipe but the Mishimoto has a better enclosure for the filter which they say is better protection from heat.

Veldox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I choose Mishimoto based on the colored silicon tubing and the heatshield.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Heat shealding before the turbo, heat monster, wont help. Get the one that looks best to you.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Need some water?
Good Idea!

If you turbo guys are looking to actually get cooler intake air, then run water-methanol injection, get an intercooler sprayer, or better yet, E85 conversion.

And those heat shields reflect radiant heat, they do not prevent hot engine bay air from entering the intake. Best area to make gains in is to upgrade the hardware after the turbo inlet.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Good Idea!

If you turbo guys are looking to actually get cooler intake air, then run water-methanol injection, get an intercooler sprayer, or better yet, E85 conversion.

And those heat shields reflect radiant heat, they do not prevent hot engine bay air from entering the intake. Best area to make gains in is to upgrade the hardware after the turbo inlet.
I've been looking at water/methanol injection. I wonder how easy it would to put a system in

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
I've been looking at water/methanol injection. I wonder how easy it would to put a system in
When it comes to WM, you can go mild to wild with it.

Here's a good example of a fairly simple drop in kit that diy'er could install: http://www.snowperformance.net/Stage-1-Boost-Cooler-Water-Methanol-Injection-Kit-p/201.htm

If you want a fully adjustable setup with a multi-stage controller for running tons of boost then check this one out: http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=pr...ion-kit-for-forced-induction-gasoline-engines

ETA: intercooler sprayers are much cheaper, with no severe consequences if you do a bad install so try that first!

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
When it comes to WM, you can go mild to wild with it.

Here's a good example of a fairly simple drop in kit that diy'er could install: http://www.snowperformance.net/Stage-1-Boost-Cooler-Water-Methanol-Injection-Kit-p/201.htm

If you want a fully adjustable setup with a multi-stage controller for running tons of boost then check this one out: http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=pr...ion-kit-for-forced-induction-gasoline-engines

ETA: intercooler sprayers are much cheaper, with no severe consequences if you do a bad install so try that first!
Never heard of water menthol kits before. Also never had a car with a turbo, so that could be why. What's the downside of installing one of these kits?

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Never heard of water menthol kits before. Also never had a car with a turbo, so that could be why. What's the downside of installing one of these kits?
The downside is that you now have an additional system to maintain in your vehicle. You have to make sure that the reservoir stays topped up and you have to inspect/possibly replace additional components. Especially in a gasoline-powered vehicle, where you may be running an aggressive tune that would cause detonation if the system failed. For some, it's poor man's race gas, allowing pump gas to have the knock resistance of race fuel. Of course, very high-end setups have the ability to retard ignition timing to prevent engine damage.

Personally, my experience with it involves turbo diesels, where it is used to reduce exhaust gas temperatures to preserve the variable geometry turbocharger from heat damage when running rich A/F ratios for maximum power.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
i'd definitely go with a intercooler sprayer. and not have it on an agressive tune, just in case it runs out. I also read that you can link it to your windshield washer tank, and only fill it with a 60/40(water/methanol) washer fluid, no glycol.

civic_n00b93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T, '03 Tiburon GT
Country flag
How do you like yours? I'm thinking of getting the short ram Injen intake but I haven't read how it affects the AF sensors after install. You got the CAI or Short ram?

NSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue Honda Civic
How do you like yours? I'm thinking of getting the short ram Injen intake but I haven't read how it affects the AF sensors after install. You got the CAI or Short ram?
I enjoy mine. Got good pick up. I have the cai but made it into short ram since I'm lazy. One thing to note is I did notice a drop in gas mileage but that's because on drive with no Eco mode you hear the intake at around 2000rpm and I was probably tooling around a bit too much when I first got it. Now it's normal.

When you do install this you have to remove the negative battery terminal and when you reconnect it the systems will restart and you will have to just redo some settings. The reason why I'm bringing this up is when I did my first start up all these lights were on in the dash and it looked like I screwed the pooch. All you gotta do is just drive and the warning lights go away
Sponsored