Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
I personally would go with the V2 because I'm a tech guy. I like to see the numbers. Being able to consistently monitor your car on a tune is important so you can prevent future problems form getting worse. The app you can download to your head unit is not stable or that reliable from what I've seen.
is it possible to get the tune without the screen, the get the screen by its self later?
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
is it possible to get the tune without the screen, the get the screen by its self later?
No, you'd need to purchase a whole new v2 unit. Just use the Tunerview app w/ HondaHack. The number of issues are very small and typically due to user error.

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
No, you'd need to purchase a whole new v2 unit. Just use the Tunerview app w/ HondaHack. The number of issues are very small and typically due to user error.
Ya I would, but I don’t have an ex:(

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. The only difference between 1.2 and 2 is the presence of the screen (instead of using a laptop screen). All function is the same otherwise. The tune is installed via the device so you can get the tune on either version. No difference. You can then use version 2 later to use the same tune you installed with v 1.2.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
Yes. The only difference between 1.2 and 2 is the presence of the screen (instead of using a laptop screen). All function is the same otherwise. The tune is installed via the device so you can get the tune on either version. No difference. You can then use version 2 later to use the same tune you installed with v 1.2.
Alright cool, btw are you running a prl CAI along with this?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I personally would go with the V2 because I'm a tech guy. I like to see the numbers. Being able to consistently monitor your car on a tune is important so you can prevent future problems form getting worse. The app you can download to your head unit is not stable or that reliable from what I've seen.
I've had honda hack and tunerview for 1.5 years and the unrealiability only comes from having to connect to tunerview before plugging android auto and I have had NO wierd disconnects or glitches at all.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It just boils down to budget and need. They both ultimately do the same thing. In my case, I don't own a laptop so the V2 was a no brainer. I've had issues with Tunerview so the screen is a perfect feature for me.

If you have a laptop and use Tunerview, the V1.2 certainly is a great choice and a big $$ saver.

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
It just boils down to budget and need. They both ultimately do the same thing. In my case, I don't own a laptop so the V2 was a no brainer. I've had issues with Tunerview so the screen is a perfect feature for me.

If you have a laptop and use Tunerview, the V1.2 certainly is a great choice and a big $$ saver.
hey check out my most recent thread and let me know what you think

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
So there’s no difference and I should go with the no screen one I’m thinking
It's certainly cheaper, plus it's not something else ya gotta figure out how to mount.. especially when you can always just add Ktuner app to the HU with a $10 unlock..

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
It's certainly cheaper, plus it's not something else ya gotta figure out how to mount.. especially when you can always just add Ktuner app to the HU with a $10 unlock..
That is tru but I don’t have the screen in my car lol

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cameron Hill just posted a new Youtube video about this.
It's worth a watch.
Sponsored